Darkness RPG

Arcane

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Darkness RPG

STORY

Breaking open the tomb that once held him, he paused for a second as he flexed his hands and slowly opened his wings… So long had he been imprisoned in that accursed tomb, so long had is freedom been denied… Now, they shall all pay… Rising into the sky he gave a roar of triumph and gazed upon the world below… They shall all pay…

MAIN QUEST

Gather the six keys from different temples in order to enter the Dark Castle and defeat the Dark Angel.

FEATURES

Save-Load Code

Saves items, gold, lumber, hero type and hero level. (Hopefully.)

Item/Slot System

14 item slots.
Two weapons only.
One shield only.
One armor only.
One pair of boots/gloves only.
One mercenary/pet only.
Two other items only.
Six temple keys only.

Item Destroy

Items disappear five minutes after being dropped.

Skill Needing Boss Fights

You don’t just right-click the boss and wait; you need skills to beat them.

Custom Spells

Anything is better than the now old and boring original Warcraft spells.

Custom Skins

Don’t want/need models but having different looking people would be nice.

Thinking About

Mining and Forging

Minigame Jobs to Earn Money

Somebody to Help With the HUGE Terraining Task...

Unique Heroes

A Bit More Story

CREDITS

SFilip - Ideas
Jindo - Ideas
Vexorian – Selection System, Codemaker and InvX. (Maybe.)
Shadow1500 – Automatic Quest System. (Maybe.)

NOTES

Average Movement Speed is 300.
Average Attack Speed (Attack Cooldown) is 1.8 seconds.
One Strength point adds 20 health.
One Intelligence point adds 20 magic.
One Agility point adds 0.15 Armor per point.
Strength does not add Health Regeneration.
Intelligence does not add Magic Regeneration.
Agility does not add movement or attack speed.
Maximum hero level is 50.

More information will be added soon... please give suggestions/ideas etc..

Zakyath

Reaction score
>Breaking open the tomb that once held him, he paused for a second as he flexed his hands and slowly opened his wings… So long had he been imprisoned in that accursed tomb, so long had is freedom been denied… Now, they shall all pay… Rising into the sky he gave a roar of triumph and gazed upon the world below… They shall all pay…

Wow... it sounds exactly like Illidan...

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
You should have mini-games which don;t actually happen whenever you get to a certain point, but if you talk to a villager and they make a bt that you can't knock all their cans off of a fence, a mini-game starts and you have to knock off all the cans, that would be cool :D.

Anywayz, Any other ideas I can think of (good ones hopefully) I'll let ya know :).

~Jindo

Mullit

Reaction score
weapon upgrades, you take a weapon and some magic items to a certain person and theyll upgrade your weapon. though it shouldnt be obvious that where you get the items or where to find the people to do it.

ill use jindos mini game as an example.
you get a magical item from completing a quest, that seems pretty useless, but if you knock all the cans down in the mini game the person who made the bet would give you information about the item. youd then know that you could use it for upgrades.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
Average Movement Speed is 300. <- great idea, i hate when your hero moves fast as some uprooted ne building...
Average Attack Speed (Attack Cooldown) is 1.8 seconds.
One Strength point adds 20 health. <- and, considering the fact health regen wont increase, why dont you make it less...like 5 hp and your hero would get the rest from items
One Intelligence point adds 20 magic. <- same as the above
One Agility point adds 0.2 Armor per point. <- always hated the fact you get armor for agility in wc3. it makes no sense to me...i suggest that you get this from items aswell, but its your map - your choice
Strength does not add Health Regeneration.
Intelligence does not add Magic Regeneration.
Agility does not add movement or attack speed.
Maximum hero level is 50.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
Spells:

Demon Within: (magic-based heroes only) (ULTIMATE) Transforms the hero into a huge demon, it cannot move, but it has a high-radius range attack and about 1000-10000 dmg (lasts 30 seconds).

Adapt: Allows self to either fly, burrow or swim.

Suffering: (skillful effects required) (demonic heroes only) (ULTIMATE) Caster must sacrifice 1 nearby ally:
Take a target enemy unit to the underworld (have a square of terrain blocked off from everything else which is dark and full evil things) where a punisher attacks it 25 times before its release, each attack does 200-350 dmg.

Lunar Reach: (forest-based heroes only) The caster calls upon the stars, a huge star falls on to a target unit, dealing about 500 dmg.

Solar Reach: (forest based heroes only) A laser-beam-like ray of sun shoots down, it is controllable and anything in it loses 100 dmg per second, lasts 35 seconds.

Curse: (demonic heroes only) The target loses 50 hp per second.

Errupt: (cave based heroes only) All units (including allies) within a target area, lose 100 hp per second whilst magma and lava and ashes fall upon them.

Emblem of the Sea: (water based heroes only) All allies in the map gain 100 HP each from the nearest enemy unit.

Extraction: (Spellbook) shows a list of statistics (str, spd, int etc), choose one to absorb that stat from a nearby enemy and add it to your own.

---

Enjoy :D.

~Jindo

V

Vader Zim

Suggestions

Dude i suggest that u get some secret items in each difficulty

such as the Sheep Launcher has 100 dmg launches flying sheeps and can damage even the invulnerable when upgraded into Mighty Sheep Launcher

can be obtained from a boss on some certain difficulty level.

oh and gather some music files so when the character fights a boss or enter a puzzle like stage some awesome music plays

Arcane

Reaction score
Answers!

@Zakyath - I wasn't thinking about Illidan when I wrote the paragraph actually...apart from the fact that the escapee IS Illidan (morphed).

@Jindo - Interesting idea... it might not be in the first version though (if I ever finish that is), since it's kind of like an extra.

@Mullit - Upgradable weapons...I've never thought about that really, it's all so complicated already (I HATE terraining...)... Tips/hints given by villagers after finishing quests...I might use that. :D

@SFilip - Agreed, slow moving heroes = really bad game. (Most of the time.)

I didn't want Health Regeneration to increase mainly because once you go up to level 50, that's one heck of a Regeneration...

As for the Health decrease per point, probably not. The most Health heroes (Heroes that would have more Health) can get without items would probably be 4000 something...I think that's fine, since the regeneration is low. (Level 50 of course.)

And about items...you can only get One shield only. One armor only. One pair of boots/gloves only. And two other items only. Suppose all those have Health add (Not likely) the most you would probably get would be... 1000 something... Not much of an increase compared to the 4000 something Health calculated above. (Same with mana.)

More about Mana: But then again...if Mana is like that too, then the most a Mage type hero could get would be 4000 something too :eek: . I think I might need to decrease mana addition and increase spell cost by a lot on later levels...

Armor for Agility...hm...well, I made it so that even a Level 50 Agility hero could probably only get 22 or so armor, (Without items that is.) and considering the low Strength and moderate Intelligence of MOST Agility Heroes, I think that's balanced. (Of course, I need to test to find out...)

Items: One shield, armor, boots/gloves and other items can probably add... 35 or something armor... (If all the items were very good that is.)

@Jindo - Some of the spells are nice, but some are... (No offense.) too simple... I want something new that would make heroes more interesting.

@ragingspeedh - Hope there isn't :D. But if there is, I can always change the name...

@Vader Zim - Difficulty? I'm not sure I want that.

Sheep Launcher!? = =. I want my game to be kind of more serious, not funny.

Music...I wish. If there is enough space, maybe.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
massinfantry said:
As for the Health decrease per point, probably not. The most Health heroes (Heroes that would have more Health) can get without items would probably be 4000 something...I think that's fine, since the regeneration is low. (Level 50 of course.)

And about items...you can only get One shield only. One armor only. One pair of boots/gloves only. And two other items only. Suppose all those have Health add (Not likely) the most you would probably get would be... 1000 something... Not much of an increase compared to the 4000 something Health calculated above. (Same with mana.)
exactly my point. i dont think there should be large hp diffrence between levels. that way you would simply get back to the higher level - much stronger hero issue which is kinda not what "RPG" is about...
people wouldn't even bother with items too much - as you said...even if they find the best hp giving items, it would still be better for them to have their level very high.

massinfantry said:
Sheep Launcher!? = =. I want my game to be kind of more serious, not funny.
hehe well wc3 is serious, yet filled with stuff like that (filson the rat, that seal in tft, wirt's second leg etc.)
i'm against the idea though...the solution to get it would simply leak somewhere and it would be just like any other item again...

edit: oh and forgot to mention...i liked the old name better ;)

Z

Zero R.

If you want a comic relief, make a villager, with the name of 'A conspicious person', or something like that. Obviously, he looks like any other villager.

You could kill the person, which would use another form of him, this time, as a strong creep. Kill him, and he has a third form.

Defeating him gets you an item. [Well, you could also make the Hero moan about how this battle already lasts for 30 minutes already and has no save point. Guess which RPG boss fits this description?]

As for this item, you could make it a tome, which you can use to LEARN a spell not learnable by other heroes.

So it's not so obscure, and it's somehow comical. Unless you've never played RPG's made in 1995.

Arcane

Reaction score
exactly my point. i dont think there should be large hp diffrence between levels. that way you would simply get back to the higher level - much stronger hero issue which is kinda not what "RPG" is about...
people wouldn't even bother with items too much - as you said...even if they find the best hp giving items, it would still be better for them to have their level very high.

Nothing has actually been decided yet, just some ideas... but the Health Increase per Stength Point and Mana Incrase per Intelligence Point will most likely be changed... I'm thinking of maybe 15 hp per Strength Point, which adds about 2000 something at highest level - thus making the (now) 1500 Health add from the items better perhaps. And as for the Mana, maybe 8 Mana Points per Intelligence level?

If you want a comic relief, make a villager, with the name of 'A conspicious person', or something like that. Obviously, he looks like any other villager.

You could kill the person, which would use another form of him, this time, as a strong creep. Kill him, and he has a third form.

Defeating him gets you an item. [Well, you could also make the Hero moan about how this battle already lasts for 30 minutes already and has no save point. Guess which RPG boss fits this description?]

As for this item, you could make it a tome, which you can use to LEARN a spell not learnable by other heroes.

So it's not so obscure, and it's somehow comical. Unless you've never played RPG's made in 1995.

Erm... I don't know what to say. :confused:

there is already an RPG called "Athistaur's Darkness RPG"

Well... the name is not decided yet either, like most of the other information in here...so it is changable.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
Okay, if the name's not decided:

-Solar RPG
-Abyss Curse
-The Demons Within
*looks at banner* -Crosslegged RPG
-Curse of Ultima
-Alternate Dimension
-Timed Curse
-Crosslegged Curse (..lol......)

~Jindo

Arcane

Reaction score
You know... maybe I'll just use the old name: The Dark Angel RPG...

I'm going to start working on this today... haven't decided whether I'm keeping the old Dark Angel terrain though. Probably. :rolleyes:

G

GekkoA

Does this RPG have like a whole actual story to it, or is it an RPG that you can generally go around doing whatever you want but the main goal is destroy the angel of darkness?

if it does have a story i have a suggestion you may or may not like.
At the beginning of the story you could have your main charecter be infected with some dark spirit or demon soul or whatever you'd call it. and through out the story it takes over him and he becomes strong and evil and chaotic and stuff, but eventually learns how to control the darkness within him and uses it to destroy the angel o' darkness...

just some thoughts lol

Arcane

Reaction score
Does this RPG have like a whole actual story to it, or is it an RPG that you can generally go around doing whatever you want but the main goal is destroy the angel of darkness?

Mmm...I hope I can come up with a 'whole actual story' and still keep the you-can-generally-go-around-doing-whatever-you-want... (Not sure how I'm going to do that lol :p )But presently it is just a 'you-can-generally-go-around-doing-whatever-you-want' with the main goal as destroy the Dark Angel.

At the beginning of the story you could have your main charecter be infected with some dark spirit or demon soul or whatever you'd call it. and through out the story it takes over him and he becomes strong and evil and chaotic and stuff, but eventually learns how to control the darkness within him and uses it to destroy the angel o' darkness...

This is a multiplayer game = = not a campaign or a single-player RPG, but the idea is nice, and I do have something like that... (Kind of...a really really big 'kind of'.)

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
GekkoA said:

just some thoughts lol
i recognize this...another of those stolen stories :rolleyes:
can we at least have that part original?

as for the name...lets just leave it be darkness for now. you can always change it ;)

G

GekkoA

SFilip said:
i recognize this...another of those stolen stories :rolleyes:
can we at least have that part original?

as for the name...lets just leave it be darkness for now. you can always change it ;)

its probably been used before, but i was thinking of Jak 2 for PS2 when i wrote it

Mullit

Reaction score
it sounds a lot like prince of persia 3 too. in that you get corrupted then every now an then you turn in to the dark version of yourself with stronger powers but your health slowly deteriorates, to keep your health up you have to collect certain items and you can only turn back to your good ol self if you reach water. yhe final boss is fightin the thing that got you corrupted, or if you find some game secret you fight your dark side.

you might wanna put somthing like that in ur rpg, the bit about the game secret changing the ending, but it looks like youve got most of it planned out already.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.