Defensive Stance

LuckyStrike

Reaction score
I want to make this spell based on the Defend ability from footman, but i don't know how to make it reduce melee damage. Help pls :D!

mordocai

Reaction score
Base it off of defend, then when unit has buff xxx, add a custom stone skin(icon removed/in a spell book), and if unit doesnt have a buff then remove that stone skin

Cohadar

master of fugue
Reaction score
Defend has no buff, he would have to use some other on/off ability, like immolation...

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
Or, we could detect when the unit is issued "defendon" or "defendoff", and add an armor bonus ability as needed.

LuckyStrike

Reaction score
Ok..how can I do that? I'm a little bad at making triggers so show me exact what i have to do( pls xD )...

mordocai

Reaction score
thats what i ment, what azlier said. But when it uses defendon it adds a disabled spell book for blocked damage. If he uses defendoff then remove the spellbook. But it means you cant base other spells off of defend i think

Cohadar

master of fugue
Reaction score
You know he does not really have to use disabled spell book.
It won't hurt him to see icon on unit, just make it be some shield icon...

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
We could use Item Armor Bonus. It has no icon naturally and it stacks, if that matters.

LuckyStrike

Reaction score
Defend has no buff, he would have to use some other on/off ability, like immolation...
@Cohadar - Maybe, but i want it to animate the shield on when ability active.

I want it to work exactly like the defend ability.
I know now, that the default ability has ONLY piercing reduction...but can I make it have every damage type reduction?(not by adding armour points...)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.