Delay Victory Dialogue

Tjuhl

Reaction score
heya. there's a victory condition issue we are seeking to resolve. what we would like to happen when the game end condition (15 minutes passed or one side reaches 1,000 points before 15 minute timer is up) is reached, to allow players a little chat and have a look at their multiboard stats after the game has ended:

* a time-limited (e.g. 1 minute) window where players can no longer acquire victory points (as a winner is determined) OR
* game continues but victory points can no longer be acquired (as a winner was already determined), players can leave the game manually via the standard menu

any suggestions on how to make this work? thanks!

edit: even more neat would of course be an option for the map's host to "play again" after a winner has been determined, but I'd guess this is impossible to accomplish due to battle.net / world editor technical limitations

jig7c

Stop reading me...-statement
Reaction score
in your trigger, when the victory integer reaches 1000 points, an event i'm sure detects it.. and after that it is something like show defeat conditions to other players, show victory conditions for triggering player or something...
right before the conditions are displayed, put a line in that says, wait 1.00 minute...

maybe that should do it?

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
heya. there's a victory condition issue we are seeking to resolve. what we would like to happen when the game end condition (15 minutes passed or one side reaches 1,000 points before 15 minute timer is up) is reached, to allow players a little chat and have a look at their multiboard stats after the game has ended:

* a time-limited (e.g. 1 minute) window where players can no longer acquire victory points (as a winner is determined) OR
* game continues but victory points can no longer be acquired (as a winner was already determined), players can leave the game manually via the standard menu

any suggestions on how to make this work? thanks!

edit: even more neat would of course be an option for the map's host to "play again" after a winner has been determined, but I'd guess this is impossible to accomplish due to battle.net / world editor technical limitations

I'm guessing you have a trigger that constantly checks each player's current points.
I'm also assuming that you have some sort of timer that counts down from 15min, that starts when the game starts.

In these two triggers add a boolean variable that sets to True, when either of the conditions have been met. (When 15 mins have passed, or someone reaches 1000points; set VictoryBoolean = True.)
-You can then use this boolean in the triggers condition to check if the game is going or if it's over.

If it's over (boolean = true), start a new timer that counts down from one minute.
When that timer reaches 0, show a dialog box for Player 1 (Red) asking if he wants to restart or end the game.
If he chooses to restart the game, just set everything to 0 and start over. -Don't forget to set th Boolean to false.

It should be quite simple.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.