Delete Transparency in Flash!?

BlueSin

Reaction score
Okay I have here a gif that I edited in photoshop, I used the magic wand to 'delete' all except for the curve. I imported it into flash, and it looks fine. However it treats the image as a square, with the transparent part part of the image, not deleted. I don't want the transparency to interfere with hittests, so how do I delete it for good?

Thanks. Plus rep to anyone who can help. :)

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
It works fine with .PNG format I believe, try converting to .PNG, removing the areas you want transparent, and it should work from there :).

BlueSin

Reaction score
Yeah once again they appear transparent, but the transparent areas are part of the image, which screws up hittest...

w/e

Boaroceraptorasaurus-Rex
Reaction score
Well, put that square onto another layer and then lock the layer. Now you can't select it. When you do select it, you have to unlock the layer it's on.

BlueSin

Reaction score
Okay I managed to get it just by using the lasso tool with wand helper (didn't knew it existed. :) )

Well, put that square onto another layer and then lock the layer. Now you can't select it. When you do select it, you have to unlock the layer it's on.

Not to be rude, but I know how locking layers work. How would that relate to this though? :p

I had a curved shape, with transparency in the top right part that I wanted deleted, but it was treating the transparency as part of the curve, making a square shape. But now it's fixed I was just clarifying problem.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
Yeah once again they appear transparent, but the transparent areas are part of the image, which screws up hittest...

Am I the only one who shapeflags my hittests? :p.

Code:
if (platform.hitTest(something._x, something._y, true)) {

Say something was Sonic, and the x and y coordinates were centered at his feet, then it would hittest between the platform and sonic's feet, instead of his entire body.

That usually helps in these situations, certainly helped me make Cursor Challenge :p.

BlueSin

Reaction score
I used to do that, but I prefer to have a few embedded mc tiny squares and just hittest with them. :)

BlueSin

Reaction score
I guess it's just me, but from my experience, using shapeflag is a pain in the ass when making sonic rotate and move accordingly when on a curve or other non-flat object. ;)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.