Demolish not Working

Doug

Reaction score
I made an ability based off Demolish. Changed the chance to 10% and multiplier to 30, nothing else but the tooltips. I gave the ability to a tower/building with a ranged attack. The demolish never procs when attacking a building. What's goin' on?

artix123

Reaction score
Probably 10% is very little.

Just tested it, changed it to exactly what you have, gave it to an ancient protector to attack a hunter's hall and it worked as per normal.

Is your multiplier for buildings only or for units and heroes too? If yes you have to change the "Targets Allowed" to include ground/air units or such.

Doug

Reaction score
Just buildings. Could it be because the damage type is chaos? Or the attacked units armor isn't fortified? The unit's attack speed is .20 and its damage is only 4-6 and im testing it on a building with 800 hp so i see more than enough times for it to proc but it doesn't.

I attached a copy of the tower with the ability and the tower its attacking.

Attachments

• wtfdemolish.w3x
    17 KB · Views: 152

artix123

Reaction score
Here's the funny part: I opened your map, changed the demolish percentage to 100% and launched the map. The 30 times bonus damage worked for the first 2 attacks, and then subsequent attacks are normal -.-

Still thinking.. Meanwhile you may want to change it to critical strike.

edit: and here's another interesting find: when I stop the tower from attacking, the next 2 attacks after the tower stops attacking will have the bonus damage again -.-

Doug

Reaction score
I used critical strike originally, it doesn't seem to work on structures no matter what i set the Targets Allowed to.

artix123

Reaction score
Apparently the problem's with your attack speed faster than your animation backswing/damage point. Right now though your AS is 0.2 due to the animation backswing/damage point being 0.3 your attack speed is slowed to 0.3. Change both to 0.2 and it will work (at least it did for me).

>it works normally.. with Critical Strike you can even crit trees if you want..

weird because I can't.

Doug

Reaction score
Try it on this particular tower, it does not work. There must be a problem with the tower.

Edit: Wow...that makes me so mad, i spent at least 1.5 hours trying to figure this out and it was something stupid like that...ughh

Thank you very much.

artix123

Reaction score
edit: lol just saw your edit. you're welcome. but they are like unrelated things i don't understand how it interferes. who cares. lol

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.