Designing Custom Spells - Post Requests

Laiev

Hey Listen!!
Reaction score
-edit ( very small issue i found in testing) when i don't got the boulder in my hand and i do the spell , it will damage the unit without the rock defeating the purpose of needing the rock :p

Just add a condition if you don't got the item <rock> to order casting unit to stop, this will make you deals no damage and ability don't start cooldown

Bananarama1

Reaction score
Under Options, I believe, you can check a box called 'Import Custom Variables' (or something like that, you'll see it) that will import all the variables and spells used in triggers you import to your map.

I can't find this anywhere, could you be more specific? (Cant even find an options tab!)

Arn't i able to import multiple custom spell triggers from different maps?

avalya

Reaction score
It's -- Command , -- on a mac, so I'm guessing it'd be -- ctrl , -- on a PC?

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
Go to your world editor. File > Preferences > General and enable Automatically generate unknown variables.

Bananarama1

Reaction score
Ah sweet, thanks. Only one problem now,:

Trigger:
  • Jump System 1
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • JD_Integers[1] Equal to 0
        • Then - Actions
          • Trigger - Turn on Jump System 2 &lt;gen&gt;
        • Else - Actions
      • Set JD_Integers[1] = (JD_Integers[1] + 1)
      • Set JD_Integers[2] = (JD_Integers[2] + 1)
      • Set JD_TempPoint[1] = (Position of JDA_Unit)
      • Set JD_Distances[JD_Integers[2]] = (Distance between JD_TempPoint[1] and JDA_TargetPoint)
      • Set JD_ReachedDistance[JD_Integers[2]] = 0.00
      • Set JD_SpeedUnits[JD_Integers[2]] = JDA_Speed
      • Set JD_Unit[JD_Integers[2]] = JDA_Unit
      • Set JD_Angle[JD_Integers[2]] = (Angle from JD_TempPoint[1] to JDA_TargetPoint)
      • Set JD_Effect[JD_Integers[2]] = JDA_SpecialEffect
      • Set JD_Animations[JD_Integers[2]] = JDA_Animation
      • Set JD_TreesDestroy[JD_Integers[2]] = JDA_DestroyTrees_Dash
      • Set JD_HighSettings[JD_Integers[2]] = (JDA_JumpHigh_Distance x JD_Distances[JD_Integers[2]])
      • Unit - Turn collision for JDA_Unit Off
      • Animation - Change JDA_Unit&#039;s animation speed to (JDA_AnimationSpeed x 100.00)% of its original speed
      • Animation - Play JDA_Unit&#039;s JDA_Animation animation
      • Unit Group - Add JDA_Unit to JD_Group
      • Unit - Add Storm Crow Form to JDA_Unit
      • Unit - Remove Storm Crow Form from JDA_Unit
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_JD_TempPoint[1])
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_JDA_TargetPoint)

Just that one bit. The other triggers are there to be run, i dont get why it doesnt work :-(

Bananarama1

Reaction score
Sorry, forgot bolding and underlining doesnt work for trigger wrapped text,:

"Trigger - Turn on Jump System 2 <gen>"

That bit has been cancelled for some reason.

Bananarama1

Reaction score
I wasn't the one who made the spell and i have no skill with it on my own, not sure that each bit if for mostly.

Bananarama1

Reaction score
This map has it on. Also, the other spell "Titan Bomb" i can't seem to get to work. The bomb just stays at the casters position and doesn't explode, juts floats there. I have imported all untis and custom abilities required for the Titan Bomb spell. I might be missing an ability for the Jump spell, if that is the case then just spell me and i'l get it.

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
For the jump spell, I'm not sure what spell you're missing. Might want to cross refer to the demo map? Titan Bomb works fine for me.

Salene

Reaction score
titan Bomb doesn't work due to the errors in the Jump Spell. try disabling all that and it will work. As for your jump spell, just go according to the demo map. for example, in the trigger "Sample Spell Jump", they add an ability "Dummy stun". so copy and paste the ability and do the same. ^_^

Chaos_Knight

Reaction score
Undead.Cow. I don't think you understood my passive "Killing Skill".

I ment, 10% life in damage is like. If you have 1000 hp then you get +100 dmg!

Lynn Miguel

Reaction score
I know this thread is pretty old but I really would like to use one of these abilities in my map. I'm trying to use the Frostmourne Hunger ability for my map and even though I copied everything correctly (including the Varimathras hero) the spell causes animation problems.

Varimathras works perfectly fine but the Arthas wielding Frostmourne character is stuck doing a casting animation as soon as I put a point into Frostmourne Hunger (i.e. He lifts his sword in the air and opens his book and he continues to do this). I have a feeling that it has something to do with the Frostmourne Hunger Lighting Effect since Arthas is supposed to use this animation every time he casts a spell.

I was wondering if someone knows how to alleviate my problem? Any help is appreciated. :)

EDIT: My Arthas hero uses the actual ability with no problems it's just an animation issue

Nickdzul

Reaction score
Spells Name : Wrath of Exodus
5 Levels
Effect : Stun enemy units for 100 dmg each levels and +1 seconds each levels, after that, slowing enemy units for 2 seconds each levels, and followed by frozen after slow, which frozebite the enemy for 1 seconds each levels, and heals the caster for +250 hp each levels.
Type : AOE
ANIMATION : delay 1 seconds, after start the effect of ability, the caster become invurnable.
Effect : A huge spikes come from underground, after thats, the lands becomes ripples and all enemy units in 1000 aoe become slowed, after the slowed duration finish, instantly frost them with dmg perseconds (125 per levels), and then heals the caster for (250+ each levels) and damage nearby units (250+ each levels)

Description : The Exodus is at his own anger and causing all the units besides him to get damaged, while healing himself and damage nearby enemy units from the heals effect.

It would be a huge thanks to you and +rep if you can do it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.