Detecting Bladestorm

Nudl9

Reaction score
Is there any way to detect if Bladestorm is currently being used?
Checking buff or order does not work. Would prefer not to check for magic immunity or use timers as these ways can easily be bugged if cancelled.

You can add an ability (like item armor bonus +1) when Bladestorm is cast and remove it after the duration. Then you would be able to check for an integer value of that ability.

If ability being cast is equal to Bladestorm
Then do whatever you want
Else
Free hand. Sorry.

As already said. Add a timed buff to the unit on spell cast yourself with triggers and enjoy buff checking.

And nobody actually has anything to do that you are unable to ask a clear question.

As already said. Add a timed buff to the unit on spell cast yourself with triggers and enjoy buff checking.
Nobody mentioned this before, however im limited to spell buff using so its not a good idea and also most spells cant be targeted on magic immune units which is granted from bladestorm, therefore gg on dummies.

What i need is someone whom has adventured into the uses of detecting if bladestorm is currently being used.

Using timer + alive and magic immunity booleans, for detecting... for now.

Nobody mentioned this before, however im limited to spell buff using so its not a good idea and also most spells cant be targeted on magic immune units which is granted from bladestorm, therefore gg on dummies.
Bogrim already explained that you have to add something during the effect time.
I would add an hidden dummy ability and remove it after.

Bogrim already explained that you have to add something during the effect time.
I would add an hidden dummy ability and remove it after.
Bogrim didnt mention buff's, just adding a dummy ability (which was "item bonus armor +1", its a fucken static ability) before ability starts and when its gone. Which isnt really a solution at all as its impossible detect when the spell is over. So its pretty much dicktarded and unusefull when you can use timers...

Bogrim didnt mention buff's, just adding a dummy ability (which was "item bonus armor +1", its a fucken static ability) before ability starts and when its gone. Which isnt really a solution at all as its impossible detect when the spell is over. So its pretty much dicktarded and unusefull when you can use timers...
I'm assuming you know the duration of Bladestorm beforehand, given you're the one presetting the data. While you cannot detect whether a unit is currently using Bladestorm, you can add an ability to the unit, wait the duration of the Bladestorm and then remove the ability again. This will allow you to detect if a unit is using Bladestorm while the effect is active, which will fill the gab of not being able to detect Bladestorm's buff or order.

There are other alternatives as well, such as adding the unit to a unit group or setting its custom value. Remember that when the game checks for a buff, it only checks for a value which is either one or zero. You can substitute that effect easily given you already have means to detect the beginning of the effect and the knowledge of when it ends.

Trigger the ability.

Just give unit bladestorm animation tag, magic immunity, and make some periodic timer to deal AoE damage.

No need to use ladder wc3 abilities here, really.

Viikuna@Good idea, but disabling the attack might be a problem. I dont really know any spells that can do that except for Cloud, or using chaos to transform the unit into another which doesnt have any attack.

Viikuna@Good idea, but disabling the attack might be a problem. I dont really know any spells that can do that except for Cloud, or using chaos to transform the unit into another which doesnt have any attack.

Abun: Cargo Hold (Orc Burrow)

Use this.

Yep, gargo hold does the trick.
Drunken Haze can be used too, but if you have non triggered spells in your map it wont work, because you need to use native wc3 magic immunity.
( If spells were triggered, you would only need [lJASS]boolean magicImmune[/lJASS] for UnitProperties struct. )

when is your detecting period? if detect during start of your ability, use event a unit start the effect of ability.

if detect during the performing of bladestorm, use the same event but afterward create a dummy, use the dummy as detection

As Vikuna said, it's easy to trigger yourself the whole Bladestorm.

Just use something like this:

A unit starts the effect of an ability

Ability being cast equal to Bladestorm Triggered (Base it on Channel, Berserk, Wind Walk, whatever you want).

Set Caster - Casting Unit

Add Magic Immunity to Caster
Add Alternate tag to caster

Set Group - Your Group

Pick every unit inside Your Group within 200 range and do actions:

Turn on Trigger 3 (which will damage constant until deactivated).

Then you can create another trigger once it's done to remove everything from it and that's it, you're done, pretty easily.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is weird seeing a way more realistic users online number
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Tuesday Night!
    +1
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    News portal has been retired. Main page of site goes to Headline News forum now
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am working on getting access to the old news portal under a different URL for those that would rather use that for news before we get a different news view.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Easily done
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    https://www.thehelper.net/pages/news/ is a link to the old news portal - i will integrate it into the interface somewhere when i figure it out
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Need to try something
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hopefully this won't cause problems.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hmm
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I have converted the Headline News forum to an Article type forum. It will now show the top 20 threads with more detail of each thread.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    See how we like that.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do not see a way to go past the 1st page of posts on the forum though
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is OK though for the main page to open up on the forum in the view it was before. As long as the portal has its own URL so it can be viewed that way I do want to try it as a regular forum view for a while
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Yeah I'm not sure what the deal is with the pagination.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    It SHOULD be there so I think it might just be an artifact of having an older style.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I switched it to a "Standard" article forum. This will show the thread list like normal, but the threads themselves will have the first post set up above the rest of the "comments"
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I don't really get that article forum but I think it is because I have never really seen it used on a multi post thread
  • Ghan Ghan:
    RpNation makes more use of it right now as an example: https://www.rpnation.com/news/
  • The Helper The Helper:

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.