Spell Diabolic Edict

Moe94

Reaction score
Hehe you know me , i luv to make dota spells, here's tormented soul's diabolic edict, GUI or Jass: Jass, Import Difficulty: Easy, Leakless: I think so, Description: Blows up nearby enemy units with explosions. Please Gimme credit and reputation (ive made 3 Jass spells and no1 gave me rep..)
Code:
function Trig_Diabolic_Edict_Conditions takes nothing returns boolean
    return GetSpellAbilityId() == 'A009' 
endfunction

function Diabolic_Edict_Group takes nothing returns boolean
    return GetBooleanAnd( IsUnitEnemy(GetFilterUnit(), GetOwningPlayer(GetTriggerUnit())) == true, IsUnitAliveBJ(GetFilterUnit()) == true )
endfunction

function Trig_Diabolic_Edict_Actions takes nothing returns nothing
    local unit u = GetTriggerUnit()
    local integer i = GetUnitAbilityLevelSwapped('A009', u)
    local location l
    local timer t = CreateTimer()
    local unit v
    call StartTimerBJ(t,false, 8)
    loop
        exitwhen TimerGetRemaining(t) <= 0.00
        set l = GetUnitLoc(u)
        set v = GroupPickRandomUnit(GetUnitsInRangeOfLocMatching(500.00, l, Condition(function Diabolic_Edict_Group))) 
        call DestroyEffect( AddSpecialEffectTarget( "Abilities\\Weapons\\SteamTank\\SteamTankImpact.mdl", v, "chest" ))
        call UnitDamageTarget( u, v, 12.5*i, false, true, ATTACK_TYPE_NORMAL, DAMAGE_TYPE_NORMAL, WEAPON_TYPE_AXE_MEDIUM_CHOP )
        call RemoveLocation(l)
        call TriggerSleepAction(.2)
    endloop 
    call DestroyTimer(t)
    set t = null
    set u = null
    set l = null
    set v = null   
endfunction

//===========================================================================
function InitTrig_Diabolic_Edict takes nothing returns nothing
    set gg_trg_Diabolic_Edict = CreateTrigger(  )
    call TriggerRegisterAnyUnitEventBJ( gg_trg_Diabolic_Edict, EVENT_PLAYER_UNIT_SPELL_EFFECT )
    call TriggerAddCondition( gg_trg_Diabolic_Edict, Condition( function Trig_Diabolic_Edict_Conditions ) )
    call TriggerAddAction( gg_trg_Diabolic_Edict, function Trig_Diabolic_Edict_Actions )
endfunction

Attachments

• Spell Test Map Template - GRASSY.w3x
    54.1 KB · Views: 238

Kenny

Back for now.
Reaction score
I hope i am not sounding rude here, or i hope i do not have the wrong idea but...

Please Gimme credit and reputation (ive made 3 Jass spells and no1 gave me rep..)

I believe the old saying "quality over quantity" applies in TheHelper forums.

Therefore the number of spells or whatever you make does not matter, it is the quality of your work that really matters to the people of these forums. I would be willing to bet a fair bit of cash on the fact that many veteran users of these forums actually have 30-50+ spells in different games they have been making, but they dont post them here. I myself have well over 50+ spells and over 100 more ideas on the way but many are too basic for these forums.

On another note though... Get rid of the StartTimerBJ, use a callback function, that will also get rid of the waits. Dont use locations, use x and y coordinates, people will thank you for it in the long run. Create a local group (as SerraAvenger said) and use it in conjunction with GroupEnumUnitsInRange().

You will probably need to get ur hands on an attachment system, such as ABC, TT, CSData, HSAS, HAIL, ABCT or something along those lines to ensure your spells stay as efficient as possible.

Despite the fact that im not a fan of people asking for reputation, i am going to plus rep u anyway. You seem to have come from nowhere and you already have a number of spells up here that may or may not help a few people. Good work on that. Your spells will need improvements though, listen to the critiques and ideas of the posters, then once u get better u will get ur rep :p.

Also a word of wisdom... If you are going to continue making spells i suggest waiting and putting 4 or so in a spellpack. It will save mods a lot of frustration.

Moe94

Reaction score
Ur right

ok, my next spells are gona be put in a spellpack, dota and nondota spells i guess.. the reason i do dota spells is 4 beginners who keep posting that they wana know how dota spells are made so here's one answer...

quraji

zap
Reaction score
Please Gimme credit and reputation (ive made 3 Jass spells and no1 gave me rep..)

I've made two systems and I've only gotten rep from one person ;) (kenny!!)

If you're just doing stuff for rep you'll likely just pump out a lot of low quality stuff and in turn not get much rep from it.
Do it for fun instead of rep and it'll probably turn out better.

I find that actual comments are better than rep, they're funny to read/reply to :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.