Does thig Trigger leak and can it be Improved

R 3 T R O

Reaction score
Thanks for your attention.

Ive got 5 triggers but i want to make sure they don't leak and as well try to improve the trigger mostly so it don't lag. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Trigger:
  • Fire
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit owned by Neutral Victim Is attacked
      • Unit - A unit owned by Neutral Extra Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • ((Attacking unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • ((Owner of (Attacking unit)) Current gold) Greater than 0
          • Safty[(Player number of (Owner of (Attacking unit)))] Equal to False
        • Then - Actions
          • Player - Add -1 to (Owner of (Attacking unit)) Current gold
        • Else - Actions
          • Set CurrentlyReloading[(Player number of (Owner of (Attacking unit)))] = True
          • Unit - Order (Attacking unit) to Stop

Trigger:
  • Toggle Safty
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Toggle Safety (Marine Actions)
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • Safty[(Player number of (Owner of (Attacking unit)))] Equal to False
        • Then - Actions
          • Set Safty[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit)))] = True
        • Else - Actions
          • Set Safty[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit)))] = False

Trigger:
  • Drop Magazine
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Drop Magazine (Marine Actions)
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • ((Owner of (Casting unit)) Current lumber) Greater than or equal to 3
        • Then - Actions
          • Player - Add -3 to (Owner of (Casting unit)) Current lumber
          • Hero - Create |c009aad3dAmmunition Case|r and give it to (Casting unit)
        • Else - Actions
          • Game - Display to (Player group((Owner of (Casting unit)))) the text: You do not have eno...

Trigger:
  • Reload
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit owned by Neutral Victim Is attacked
      • Unit - A unit owned by Neutral Extra Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • ((Owner of (Attacking unit)) Current gold) Equal to 0
      • ((Owner of (Attacking unit)) Current lumber) Greater than or equal to 1
      • CurrentlyReloading[(Player number of (Owner of (Attacking unit)))] Equal to False
    • Actions
      • Set CurrentlyReloading[(Player number of (Owner of (Attacking unit)))] = True
      • Sound - Play clipout <gen> at 100.00% volume, attached to Hero[(Player number of (Owner of (Attacking unit)))]
      • Player - Add -1 to (Owner of (Attacking unit)) Current lumber
      • Wait 3.50 seconds
      • Sound - Play clipin <gen> at 100.00% volume, attached to Hero[(Player number of (Owner of (Attacking unit)))]
      • Player - Set (Owner of (Attacking unit)) Current gold to Bullets[(Player number of (Owner of (Attacking unit)))]
      • Wait 1.00 seconds
      • Sound - Play m4a1_boltpull <gen> at 100.00% volume, attached to Hero[(Player number of (Triggering player))]
      • Set CurrentlyReloading[(Player number of (Owner of (Attacking unit)))] = False

Trigger:
  • Manual Reload
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Drop Magazine (Marine Actions)
      • ((Owner of (Casting unit)) Current lumber) Greater than or equal to 1
      • CurrentlyReloading[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit)))] Equal to False
    • Actions
      • Set CurrentlyReloading[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit)))] = True
      • Sound - Play clipout <gen> at 100.00% volume, attached to Hero[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit)))]
      • Player - Add -1 to (Owner of (Casting unit)) Current lumber
      • Wait 3.50 seconds
      • Sound - Play clipin <gen> at 100.00% volume, attached to Hero[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit)))]
      • Player - Set (Owner of (Casting unit)) Current gold to Bullets[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit)))]
      • Wait 1.00 seconds
      • Sound - Play m4a1_boltpull <gen> at 100.00% volume, attached to Hero[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit)))]
      • Set CurrentlyReloading[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit)))] = False

TBear

Reaction score
The sounds should be added to variables. Also, if I'm not wrong, (Owner of (...)) might cause leaks. Throw in some Player-variables instead :]

Edit: Even though the player-actions won't cause leak, variables will make your triggers way more lucid (;

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
I can't see any leaks.

Try use "A unit Starts the effect on an ability" instead of "A unit Begins casting an ability". And replace Casting unit to Triggering unit.

@TBear I'm quite sure that Player Group, Player and sounds don't leak

Im_On_56k

Hm...
Reaction score
Owner of ... does not leak so do not worry about that.

Your first trigger has no leaks.
Second trigger has no leaks.
Third trigger leaks a player group in your Display to Player Group. Create a tmp player force variable and set the player group to that. Then after your display message do a custom script:
JASS:
call DestroyForce(udg_MyVariableName)

Fourth trigger does not leak.
Fifth trigger also does not leak.

Hopefully I haven't missed anything.

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
Didn't know Player Group leaks. Usually, if I remove player group, strange things occur when the trigger is fired again.

Im_On_56k

Hm...
Reaction score
Yes, say we do:
Trigger:
  • Game - Display to (Player group(Player 1 (Red))) the text: hello

After we convert that to jass the function that is converting the player group is this:

Which is actually:
JASS:
function GetForceOfPlayer takes player whichPlayer returns force
    local force f = CreateForce()
    call ForceAddPlayer(f, whichPlayer)
    return f
endfunction

We are creating a force, but never destroying it anywhere.

Komaqtion

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Im_On_56k is right :D Player Groups do leak, and also converting a player to a player group, an he stated above :D

Though, one thing to remember is... "All player" don't leak !!! If you remove this one, it won't be usable anymore in the map :(

EDIT: Just noticed something:
Code:
Sound - Play m4a1_boltpull <gen> at 100.00% volume, attached to Hero[(Player number of ([COLOR="Red"]Triggering player[/COLOR]))]

Needs to be changed to (Owner of (Attacking unit)) :D

R 3 T R O

Reaction score
thansk guys, but is there a way i can make my triggers better more i feel like by using event unit attacked so often is messy....... i feel like all my triigs are messy one more thing my toggle safty isnt working for some reason when i click the ability safty it still shoots

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.