Doom 3 (Game) dosen't work, Is it the game or the computer?

turok255

Reaction score
I got Doom 3 for the PC.
My desktop (6-8 years old) can't play Doom3 because every thing is black but the adio works (Figured the graphics card wasn't good enogh).

My brand new computer not even 24 hours old... Can't play it eaither BUT for my laptop (Laptop new comp) its the oposite every thing it white...

Whats wrong? Is it graphics card or is it my game? what is it? thanks for your time and I hope we can solve this.

turok255

Reaction score
Specs :confused: Ummm... you'll have to tell me what that means and where i can look it up. Heres some stuff my laptop has.

1) Windows Vista
2) Verizon Air-Card
3) 2 gigs DDR2 (or whetever) memory
4) 160 gigs RAM
5) dou coure prossessor

magnemann

Reaction score
Specs :confused: Ummm... you'll have to tell me what that means and where i can look it up. Heres some stuff my laptop has.

1) Windows Vista
2) Verizon Air-Card
4) 160 gigs RAM
5) dou coure prossessor

you can check somewhere in Control panel, then system, but I can't give more info since I am running windows on a norwegian version, and you got vista, so probably some difference...
Ok, Did you buy your pc from the internet? Then please link the site from where you bought it, and I might figure out your specs.

Aloki

Reaction score

1) Windows Vista
2) Verizon Air-Card
4) 160 gigs RAM
5) dou coure prossessor

Not to be mean, but the DDR2 is your RAM. The 160 gigs, is your hard disk. From the limited information, it can be one of two things, Vista, or the video card. I don't know about Vista, but on XP, right click on My Computer, select properties, and it should have all your specifications(specs). Press the "Print Screen" key on your keyboard. Go into paint, press CTRL+V, to paste the screen cap. It may have your product key, so you might want to white it out. Crop out the window, and save the file. Post the image here.

Then, go into start button, run, type in dxdiag, press enter. Take a screen cap of that, post it here. That will give us the relevant information

w/e

Boaroceraptorasaurus-Rex
Reaction score
If you're running all that, make sure your drivers are updated.
If it's not that, vista probably can't run doom 3.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.