Doom-Unit is too powerful

BlueTeeth

Reaction score
I edited the doom spell to have 3 levels. The problem is that at level 2 and three it says units that you could doom at level one are now too powerful to doom. Also these units are level one. What determines if a unit is too powerful to be doomed?

Gtam

Lerning how to write and read!! Yeah.
Reaction score
Make sure al the level data things are the same.

BlueTeeth

Reaction score
The damage per second, number of summoned Units, Summoned Unit Type (only changes at level 3) are the only thing that change per level. Would any of these make a difference?

Gtam

Reaction score
Go throug ur ability and anything that is 5 open it and se what it is

Galdiuz

Creator of Photon Command
Reaction score
If i remember right doom can't be made into an ability with more than one level due it it not working correctly then. Try making 3 dooms and add/remove them with triggers.

BlueTeeth

Reaction score
would it work to make a custom doom based off of parasite? or does parasite have this problem as well.

Gtam

Reaction score
That level thing of doom is bul i have a level 3 doom and it works fine

ludnica

Long gone
Reaction score
Yes, because you are casting it on an enemy player unit, and not on a neutral hostile one. Doom is a frigid ability, all I can say.

Gtam

Reaction score
Works fine on nutrals to under level 5 u just have to go to gameplay constants

BlueTeeth

Reaction score
I am using it on units belonging to players and it is not working. And I'm exactly sure what I have to change in gameplay constants. If you not how to fix it, can you please be more specific?

Naga'sShadow

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Yeah I've had that problem, its with doom itself not your spell. If you level doom it will bug and not allow you to target anything but the lowest level things. I had trouble dooming creeps. The fix is to base the skill you learn as a hero off of some passive with no active icon, like claws of attack with no bonus damage. Then have each level of doom as a separate unit ability. Then when the hero learns the dummy doom ability add the real one to the hero via triggers and then every time they level the ability you need to remove the old one and replace it with the correct level.

This will reset the ability's cooldown though so its exploitable, you may be able to use engineering upgrade to change the skill and keep the cooldown but you'll have to check that yourself.

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.