DOTA- Banlist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anything.

Reaction score
I think it works like this:

Every group of people / clan / person if wanted downloads this program which they can add usernames to - if that person joins a game, there is an auto-kick function. So, it's really a bot that checks before the game starts.

Current:
[Hesperia] Necromancy ORPG - (click here)
Evasion of Exodus - coming soon

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
try looking at there site. but I think the banlist is very pointless.

wonderpriest

Reaction score
Everyone who dies* gets their name written down, and in the next version of 'banlist', they auto-kick anyone with their name on the banlist.

*or gets a wrong hero, a wrong item combination, is a newbie, anything of this kind of illegal thing in the DotA community

nomadian

Reaction score
www.banlist.nl. It registers leavers, and people can add names to it. Most of the lists are local meaning if someone has put you on a banlist then the likelihood is you join another game and you're not banned in that one. But there is a certain amount of 'approved hosts' which share all their banlists and people can download those. If you're on one then you can appeal them on their forums to overturn the banlists.

martix

There is no spoon
Reaction score
Er... damn, banlist ain't just for dota. Actually I find it useful for keeping track of people. I usually don't use ban or kick or any other "evil" functions. It has a rating system. You can add info notes and ban notes(that I use for diffrent purposes, like a second info category). :)
Wonderpriest - I've always wondered what breed of people everybody from the dota community is... (Like, then seem never to think, they probably do not know the meaning of the word "Logic")

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
Hm... yeah I play alot DotA and seek pro games with good hosts or so who has atleast country check and ping ^^ Banlist prevents some of people who ruin these games to ruin other games.
If in game name is saied for Experts and then comes some guy and starts ruining game what takes 1h atleast or so then it is real time waste. To prevent that these kind of people are banned.
Atleast it was first made for it.

Reaction score
Sooda imagine this:
You play singleplayer, you beat the hell out of hard computer 1 against 3 and decide it coudl be a good tiem to go on multiplayer. You ask anyone how to join - They say press custom map thingy game or sword. You decide try custom game. Yo usee whoel screen of "Dota Dota Dota"
Its writthen - experts, pro etc. You think - I play not bad, why not to try it?
Enter the game. You buy a recipe paper without items and voila. Youre banned till the end of your days.

Is that fair?

You ban people for ruinign games eh? Well you ruin their day by banning them. So what, they should bann you on the real life? And then of course, share heir banlist. In that case, all you will be able to do is to sit in the closet and play dota - Everyone knows you, everyoen ignores you. Happy end.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
i'm afraid banlist is not supported here.
you got the link for download in the post above (http://www.banlist.nl/)...

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.