DotA Clockwork

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
cannot be. nothing in the code would make such thing happen.

the movement part is absolutely independent from the player. its just creating locations one at the targets position, one at the casters position and one in between to which the hero is teleported.

maybe something else stopped the trigger.

the hero will be moved towards the targeted unit for ever until either the variable caster[player number] or target[player number] become null.

as long as these variables are specified some unit will be moved.

but for every player there is only 1 caster and 1 target variable, as said above, the code is only MPI not MUI. you can only have this spell being cast once per player. there might never be 2 projectiles of the same player nor 2 heroes of the same player moving at any time.
the effect takes place on the first unit hit by the projectile no matter whether it was the initial target or not.
and the projectile is not homing, it will move towards the position the targeted unit had when the spell was cast. if the target moves in between the projectile might miss and nothing will happen.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
of course but you said above you wanted it to be unit targeting.

just change the ability and a little bit of the first trigger.
this:
Trigger:
  • Set Skill_TargetLocation[Temp_Integer] = (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast))

got to be set to this:
Trigger:
  • Set Skill_TargetLocation[Temp_Integer] = (Target position of ability being cast)

(or similar)
to work properly.

in its current form the triggers are designed for high stability and proper work. maybe not 100% efficient but easy to configure and change (though i didnt use any globals as constants for easier changing cause i am pretty lazy)

AlExAlExAlEx

Reaction score
of course but you said above you wanted it to be unit targeting.

just change the ability and a little bit of the first trigger.
this:
Trigger:
  • Set Skill_TargetLocation[Temp_Integer] = (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast))

got to be set to this:
Trigger:
  • Set Skill_TargetLocation[Temp_Integer] = (Target position of ability being cast)

(or similar)
to work properly.

in its current form the triggers are designed for high stability and proper work. maybe not 100% efficient but easy to configure and change (though i didnt use any globals as constants for easier changing cause i am pretty lazy)
its good enought, i'm apreaciating this very much :) .

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
better dont appreciate it too much, try to make the next spells yourself and we will help you whenever you might get in trouble.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.