DotA Map

P

Persen

Ok, I know some people will hate me for this, but here it comes:

A DotA map,
which I cannot tell the name of, because the project leader has said so :D

It will be released shortly, when we have a stable version.

It is an alternative to DotA Allstars, with (in future) new heroes and items.

And please, don't hate me for this. Before I joined this project, I never played DotA in any version. I don't even do it now. I only make this because of this guy who asked me to join. I AM NOT A DOTA FAN OR SOMETHING!

C

Cabal

Well I don't see an obvious reason for hating us (me and Persen) for making a Dota like map guys. And i really don't see the reason of someone has to apologize for making the map. We are map makers and we are making any kind of maps. Some of them are good for some of the people some are not for others. But this has to do with each person seperated so this is our project in which we are making so hard work and I don't think that we will apologize for this or not or we will say "PLZ DO NOT HATE US!!!" or "WE DON'T PLAY DOTA!!!" or something similar. We are making this map and everyone will like it it will be an achievement for us. We strongly believe that Dota Allstars cannot be the "judge" for everyone else and we want to show to all the people around battlenet that there are good map developers around the world who can make better maps than Allstars.

That's all. Hope you will enjoy the map when it will be released.

Thanks anyways

~Cabal

Rabarber

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I hate you both. Darn DotA lovers. *hate*

;)

No stolen ideas? Thanking and giving credit to all that helped?

Halo_king116

Working As Intended
Reaction score
Well, everything in WC3 is pretty much stolen except for storylines now. it's like the simpsons, everything on it has already been done. After like 15 seasons, ITS BEEN DONE :p ;) :)

So, the best thing you can do thank those who you got the ideas are from.

Also, I would like to know more about, like what heros there are and ect. If you don't wish to type all that information out, simply let me beta test or tell us when it'll be released :D

I've gotton bored because those who I offer to help beta test never seem to stay in contact.

I only have one condition - make it clear you thank those whom ideas you have used. Thats the best you can do, because trust me, when you get a new map idea, it's been done ;)

Good Luck!

U are a noob

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Halo_king116 said:
Well, everything in WC3 is pretty much stolen except for storylines now. it's like the simpsons, everything on it has already been done. After like 15 seasons, ITS BEEN DONE :p ;) :)
there is still a couple origenal ideas that can be made

Z

Zero R.

uareanoob said:
there is still a couple origenal ideas that can be made

Nope, they did everything.

Go to space -- Been done.
Kill someguy that hated Homer -- Done.
Kill his son. -- Done.
Usual school thing -- Done.
Political Agenda -- Done.

See?

G

GekkoA

Destroy all Bobs -- Done.
Rescue Cows -- Done.
Stop the KAbooM Device -- Not Done.

OMG! AN ORIGINAL IDEA!

Z

Zero R.

Stop a Device that would effectively destroy Springfeild, much like a Kaboom Device -- DONE.

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
Persen said:
Ok, I know some people will hate me for this, but here it comes:

A DotA map,
which I cannot tell the name of, because the project leader has said so :D

It will be released shortly, when we have a stable version.

It is an alternative to DotA Allstars, with (in future) new heroes and items.

And please, don't hate me for this. Before I joined this project, I never played DotA in any version. I don't even do it now. I only make this because of this guy who asked me to join. I AM NOT A DOTA FAN OR SOMETHING!
It's not 'dota-map', its 'aos map'. That is the proper genre name.

P

Persen

Uberfoop, it is a DotA map.
When i say DotA, i mean DotA, not AoS like some noobs.

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
AOS is the proper genre name, and rightly so because it was created years before others and is still played today. If you call me a noob for saying AOS, then you are wrong, because you obviously have less knowledge of blizzard rts custom gametype history, and therefore you are more of a newbie in that regard.

And if by 'DotA map' you mean that it will literaly be called dota, then you are stealing a twice-stolen map name. Which is rediculous.

And if it isn't called dota, then I'm completely right and it rightly falls into the 'AoS' genre.

Oh, also, if you wont even release the name of it, it will get 0 publicity, and will never EVER become successful in any way, shape, or form. Maps become popular through publicity. If dota hadnt had the advertising capabilities it had, Tides of Blood and EotA would probably be the 2 most played maps on bnet right now. So, if you wont even release the name of it, GL to you.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
its aos and it stands for aoen of strife, a term from starcraft (YES, it existed long before original dota or allstars!)

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
what he MEANT, was it is a DoTA clone, not just AoS. He was saying that he's not referencing to the genre through DoTA, like some people do.

I personally applaud this map, and hope that they name it exactly like normal dota, and piss off a lot of DoTA players. Hopefully, others will do the same, and B.net will be flooded by cheap knock-offs which give bonuses to them, cheats, etc. Then, once DoTA has given it's last, flailing spasms of death, B.Net will finnaly be open for true mappers to host their maps and get them played, hopefully dawning a new age for B.net.

Or, everyone will leave and only the people who actually play other maps will stay, Doesn't matter.

P

Persen

Thank you AgentPaper.
Besides, DotA Allstars is the most played map on bnet, isn't it?

Zakyath

Reaction score
Probaly. In Europe, DotA is never hosted, at the moment. Everything's 1v1+observers or Ryoko TD, though, maybe Angel Arena

Rabarber

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
The United States servers has it for the 95% most played map.

A

Atreides

yeah...late at night dota is 95%...otherwise its like 5-10%...foots is teh only one that comes close...most people just are to slow and retarded to play other maps...some I suppose just like dota (I hate most aos's)...spawn based maps where you control 100+ units? people cant take it...so they do dota...which is sad...

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
Zakyath said:
Probaly. In Europe, DotA is never hosted, at the moment. Everything's 1v1+observers or Ryoko TD, though, maybe Angel Arena
OMG in Europe the custom games has mass 1v1's? Holy crap thx guys im so switching gateways RIGHT NOW!

M

Maddog117

wow apparently Europe hates everything people in the u.s. love hmmm i wonder why that is :banghead:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New recipe is another summer dessert Berry and Peach Cheesecake - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-berry-and-peach-cheesecake.194169/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.