Dreadlord/Gargoyle shifting

Gravit

Reaction score
Alright, so I'm trying to make a vampire with the ability to turn into a bat. Using the dreadlord model and the gargoyle model, I've given them the storm crow ability. My problem is this: Whenever the gargoyle stops moving, his model becomes the stoneform gargoyle. It actually looks pretty cool for when he lands to change back into the dreadlord, but the rest looks lame.

Is there a way to stop him from using the stoneform model?

shinami

Redirect your complaints to the nearest wall
Reaction score
Try using bear form maybe? It's an ability.. I think that's how it's called.

Gravit

Reaction score
Naw, still does the same thing. Thanks for trying.

*Edit - It seems to be a problem with the gargoyle being a hero unit. I guess the ability is not the problem.

shinami

Redirect your complaints to the nearest wall
Reaction score

*Edit - It seems to be a problem with the gargoyle being a hero unit. I guess the ability is not the problem.

I can't check in We, but i have a feeling, that .. or this is a stupid idea actually.. Ah i started already so nevermind.. I tought maybe one of the gargoyles stand animations is a statue one, so whenever he stands it plays that animation..

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score

does the Gargoyle even have the "flying movement"?

gameman

It's been a long, long time.
Reaction score
If you tell what the spell is based off of, I could possibly find your problem. :)

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
It is the model that is the problem. It is the "spell-animation" that is the stone gargoyle. It turns that on everytime it is acessed by a spell.
I suggest a work aroung, trigger it instead, that would be much easier.
If you want you can try metamorphosis aswell, don't think it will do you any good with that either:eek:

Gravit

Reaction score
Here's the strange part. I tried placing the gargoyle unit on my map in the editor, and he starts off in stone form. So I don't think it's the Storm Crow ability that's doing it. Can you not have a hero gargoyle or something?

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
yea im looking over the animations, just remove the animation tag "alternate" and it shuld work in game (though triggers, add or remove animation tag)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.