Dual Core Gamespeed Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tzirrit

Reaction score
I'm running WindowsXP 64bit on an Athlon 62 x2. Playing Warcraft3 is pretty much impossible because whenever i try to scroll, the view moves to either end of the map. Like when i'm all the way on the left side of the map/screen and i move my mouse slightly to the right, it jumps all the way to the right side of the map/screen.. right away. Same thing when i try to use the keyboard to scroll. I just cannot scroll...

The only way that works is if i click somewhere on the minimap.. of course it's impossible to play the game like this.. and it just annoys me. I also noticed that from time to time animations are played to fast (or not even played at all) and sounds/effects are missing. Well i blame my dual core system for that, because i've seen problems like that in other games, and when i "disable" one of the cores there (setting the affinity to just one cpu), the problems are gone.

Ok, everything would be all right, if i could just tab out of the game and set the affinity for warcraft/frozen throne over the task manager.. however, when i try to do that i always get an "access denied" error...

Has anybody else seen/solved that problem? Is there any way to get the scrolling working like it should? Setting game speed of scrolling speed doenst do anything.. it always just jumps from one extreme to the other ;(

Cornface

Avoid, if at all possible.
Reaction score
Okey, I have no idea if this might work, but it's worth a try.

Press CTRL+ALT+Delete go to Processors or whatever it's called (Got a swedish version) then right click on Frozen Throne (or whatever it may be called) and uncheck the numbers of the CPU so it's only 1.

Check the picture if you don't understand
http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/3784/wc3thingielg9.jpg

Also, try to remove all sound from warcraft, it might sound crazy, but my friend had similiar problem with another game.

Tzirrit

Reaction score
Yes, that's what i susally do (i think it's called Set Affinity in the englis version), but i always get an "acces denied" error when trying to do it with frozen throne... Any ideas why?

I'll try removing the sound later.. you mean every soundfile?

Cornface

Avoid, if at all possible.
Reaction score
No, no, no, just go into options and uncheck all the sound ;)

About the access denied on the frozen throne was weird.. Are you the administrator of the computer?

Tzirrit

Reaction score
No, no, no, just go into options and uncheck all the sound ;)

Ah ok.. well tried that. but it didn't help.

Yes i'm the Administrator.. and it's really wierd, because i have never got an error like this before or with other games.. The reason might be that i have a modified version of the tft.exe *cough*.. but it's still wierd... :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.