Dummy Caster Graphical Problem

Xebarsis

Reaction score
I want to convert Archimonde's Finger of Death to be done by a dummy caster. The problem is, when Archimonde uses Finger of Death and moves, the red lazer graphic is stationary since the dummy caster isn't moving with him. In short, it makes it look like Archimonde isn't casting the ability.

Is there a way I can make the dummy caster follow Archimonde around until the spell graphic is complete?

Trigger:
  • Fingers
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Ability being cast) Equal to Finger of Death (Start Archimonde)
        • Then - Actions
          • Set ThePoint = (Position of (Triggering unit))
          • Unit - Create 1 Dummy Finger of Death for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at ThePoint facing Default building facing degrees
          • Unit - Add a 5.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Add Finger of Death (Archimonde) to (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Special Archimonde - Finger Of Death (Target unit of ability being cast)
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_ThePoint)
        • Else - Actions

Gtam

Lerning how to write and read!! Yeah.
Reaction score
Make archimonde spel hav a short casting time to keep him stationary and make the dumy animation backswing and cast point 0

Xebarsis

Reaction score
Make archimonde spel hav a short casting time to keep him stationary and make the dumy animation backswing and cast point 0

Well, that is an alternative, but I'd have to make the cast time a .3 second duration, which means you barely have time to see the spell.

Gtam

Reaction score
Yes but also make the animation backswing and cast point 0.000 for the dumy and thats the only way cant make someone move wil casting or it wil cancle

Xebarsis

Reaction score
I don't understand because my dummy caster has both of those settings at 0, and the dummy caster is separate from Archimonde so no matter what I make that setting I can still move Archimonde during the spell.

Gtam

Reaction score
But in the spel archimonde us put casting time in

Xebarsis

Reaction score
Hmm, if I increase the length of the cast point for Archimonde then it takes him a lot longer to wait before casting the actual spell, but the moment the spell goes off he can move freely. Changing his backswing didn't seem to have any effect.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.