Dungeons and Dragons

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
Dungeons and Dragons

General Idea
The basic idea behind this map is to have some players who control heroes and then 3 Players are the Dungeon Master(DM). The Dungeon Masters create quests and plot for the heroes to follow. They do this by maknig the units and rewarding heroes as they see fit. In this map the main focus would be the DMs becuase They can choose what happens and how things happen, everything. It would be like making a multiplayer campaign while you are in the game!​

Heroes
What the players who control a hero does is fight through the Quests made by the DMs. They can buy items, and train in an arena while the Dms are Creating a campaign. Though Ultimately there fate is left for the DMs to decide.

At the Start the Heroes can pick which hero they want to play as. If they want a special hero that olny DMs have access to or they don't liek the hero they picked, the DMs can remove there hero and give them to the player.​

Dungeon Masters
The DMs have the Ultimate Power. They can create units, kill units, alter units, change alliences and much, much more! In The game they have multiple buildings which they can train units from. When a unit is trained it is moved to the location of a unit spawner. Its a flying unit with no pathing. It also moves where ever you tell it to instantly. The DMs have Multiple commands some of them activate by walking onto a circle of power, others by chat commands. Here is a list of all there Powers Currently:
  • Kill selected Unit [Complete]
  • Remove Selected Unit (For Heroes Mainly) [Complete]
  • Make Unit Invulnerable/Vulnerable [Complete]
  • Give Selected Unit to Player [Complete]
  • Locate Unit Spawner [Complete]
  • Change to Day/Night [Complete]
  • Turn Their Bounty On/Off [Complete]
  • Go Hostile/Neutral/friendly with player (Includes Neutral Hostile/Passive) [Complete]
  • Change the RGB values of selected unit [Complete]
  • Change player colour of selected unit [Complete]
  • Change size of selected unit [Complete]
  • Add/Remove Hero Players to Player Groups (3 Group) [Complete]
  • Make Player groups Hostile/Allied [Complete]
  • Set the Percent of Health/Mana [Complete]
  • Pause Units/Players Heroes [Complete]
  • Add/Remove Blight [Complete]
  • Change Water Tinting [Complete]
  • Change Tile [Uncompleted but Method Found]
  • Terrain deformation. [Complete, but Irrevirsable]
  • Change Global Weather [Complete]
  • Change Region Weather [Requires Terrain]
  • Control Training Spawn [Requires Training Spawn Triggers]
  • Create Custom Units [Incomplete]
  • Add SFX to units [Incomplete]
I would much like Other Ideas to add to the DMs Powers to make the game even more customizable.​

The Members
These are the People working on bringing this Project to the harsh light known as B-net. The Reason? They like to have fun, thay have false dreams of concouring DotA, or possibly, They like the idea. 1&3 are most likely (I hope so). The Team has 5 people.

Pineapple
The fruit you all know and love. I will be the main head of the project donig things such as triggers and units and getting the map off the floor. The Canadian fruit, the only fruit on the site. Ya, I know you are jellous.

Ghan_04
Yep Ghan, your Warcraft Help zone helper whom you all know. We all love his different pictures to express his opinions. He should be a possitive member to have. Hes the General Advisor, so things should turn out well in the end. ^.^.​

Daxtreme
Formerly Known as Malto way before most of you who read this would know, so lets forget that XP. He will be making the Heroes and the Hero Engine. Along with this he will be creating spells, though not every spell will be triggered or even complex. He is only one man!

Rheias
Rheias Will Be working With Daxtreme on creating Heroes and spells. They will be able to alternate the map back and forth, creating abilities and spells uniquely in less time. of course they won't all be triggered, they are just two guys!​
Jindo
JYep, the one, the only, the two fo a kind, JIndo. He will be developing the Terrain for the map, he is also a good artist and should have the artists eye when it comes to this. He is the member from across the pond.​

C

Cookie

Sounds alrigth :p I suggest however, that you have a way of making everything in the game more customizeable, i.e. make it that the DM's will be able to create new units, based off other units, change the models, and pretty much do whatever they like. If you find a way of making your map almost completely customizeable, then you will find your map more popular :D

Ideas:

Terrain Generator:
- Include this random terrain generator to your map, it would make your map VERY good :p (credits to Ghan_04)

http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=65722

I hope your map goes well ;)

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
I would like to help you, now that I have my WE back, this is the sort of thing I'm looking to help out on :).

Let me know if you need anything :cool:.

juty

Zoom out problems look smaller
Reaction score
:):):DI have liked DND for quite a wile now and putting onto WCF3 would be a job and a half but good it would be worth it I look forward to seeing this game on WCF3 in the future.

Brilliant idea but you are going to need to make a heap load off triggers but good luck hope it all goes well :cool::)

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
:):):DI have liked DND for quite a wile now and putting onto WCF3 would be a job and a half but good it would be worth it I look forward to seeing this game on WCF3 in the future.

Brilliant idea but you are going to need to make a heap load off triggers but good luck hope it all goes well :cool::)

Load Triggers? Please.

Every time you start over its a new campaign, its not gonig to be like the other DnD maps out there!

Jindo said:
I would like to help you, now that I have my WE back, this is the sort of thing I'm looking to help out on .

Let me know if you need anything.

Can you Terrain or make fun interesting heroes?

Cookie said:
I have liked DND for quite a wile now and putting onto WCF3 would be a job and a half but good it would be worth it I look forward to seeing this game on WCF3 in the future.

Brilliant idea but you are going to need to make a heap load off triggers but good luck hope it all goes well

YOu can make units change them to an extent. I am not sure if i can change the model, i will have ot check. Becusase the DM will have acess to Heroes tombs and Items if they want a unit that is a specific thing they can customize a hero.

As for the terrain generator, its a decent idea, but a randomly generated terain wont be able to give me 6 different looking areas along with the circle of power in them. It also wouldn't give a very nice terrain. :\

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
Oooh. Terrain Generator FTW! :p

> randomly generated terain wont be able to give me 6 different looking areas

Yes it could. Use the region ability of the generator and change up the terrain types between generations.

> It also wouldn't give a very nice terrain.

It does look nice. You make me sad. :(

Anyway, maybe you could incorporate some terrain abilities to be used in-game by the DMs? That would be a nice touch. Obviously, they can't create cliffs, but they could change around tile types and raise/lower terrain through triggers.

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
The new terrain does not show up on the minimap.

A problem becuase the DMs will be navigating through the minimap mainly.

TerrainGenerator3-1.jpg

Yea, like the mona lisa of Warcraft terrain. :rolleyes:

Thought terrain is a good idea! I will add water tinting, blight, and units that create a tile type where they walk. I will also do terrain deformations.

Waaaaagh

I lost all my rep and my title being a jerk
Reaction score
Ghan said:
It does look nice. You make me sad :(

Nah. Terrain Generator sucks. You don't even have any algorithms for forest/mountain-range/lake/road creation. Add those in, and probably maybe 601x more people will use it.

EDIT: Oh, and write in with structs :D

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Why should I play yours above QuatreDan's D&D Experiment, or Vuen's D&D Crystal?

Need some more help apart from Terraining? (I'm really bad at it :p)

Team Canada...?

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
Why should I play yours above QuatreDan's D&D Experiment, or Vuen's D&D Crystal?

Need some more help apart from Terraining? (I'm really bad at it :p)

Team Canada...?

Someone To make Heroes?

Also the reason I made this was because of Qs D&D. I loved that game but when it came to some things you just couldsn't do it like making heroes hostile to each other so people didn't have a choice on some quests. :\

I have added that into this, along with custom monsters and heroes.

never played Vuen's :\

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
> I have added that into this, along with custom monsters and heroes.

One should be able to create his own monsters.

> Also the reason I made this was because of Qs D&D. I loved that game but when it came to some things you just couldsn't do

You know... I almost wanted to recreate QD&D :p

But, I didn't want to work that much on a map I *wanted* to make better, but didn't want to recreate. I asked him, and he never answered and so I let it die.

What is Vuen? Some say it is an improved version of QD&D. Others say it isn't good at all.

Really, it is different. The map doesn't exist when the game starts, it is simply a big map divided in 3: Dirt, Grass, and Snow.

The DM creates the trees. You have the choice of either "belongs to ally" or "belongs to enemy" when creating a monster, and the heroes choose their classes.

Why is it different? Mainly because of the points above :rolleyes:

The games are boring because the DMs have to plan something way bigger than in QD&D, and the players have pretty much nothnig to do. Unless you got fully-dedicated players in your game, and a fast DM.

There is an inventory system (1 sword, 1 armor, 1 shield...), etc.

----------

In short, if you are to make a map based on D&D, base it off QD&D and ameliorate it :rolleyes:

It would be more popular on B.Net, I bet.

----------

Custom heroes?

I hope I don't need to make their models!

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
Models? Na, I rather not use Custom Models/Skins/Icons.

But if your up for it you could make the heroes with things already inside of the editor.

I will also see what I can do about creating Custom Units.

But im not sure if you can change there Model with triggers, let alone damage and armor.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, to start the DM shouldn't have to "search" for his units. Just typing in the name of the unit should do it :)

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
I actually will have the units in buildings by what they are, one building will have all the crabs, another the hydras, another the dragons.

Then If i can make custom units, one with a blank unit at each level (level 1,2,3.7,10, etc...[for XP gain purposes])

Waaaaagh

Reaction score
Things to do:
1) Make the Minimap a cool D&D icon.
2) Give the DM('s) a 'Full Map View' view, and a closer view.
3) Wait and see if I ever finish WMI...

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
> Then If i can make custom units, one with a blank unit at each level (level 1,2,3.7,10, etc...[for XP gain purposes])

Mind explaining that part better?

What you should do too is enable quests. The menu. I believe using triggers you can create quests with the objective being what the DM entered in the chat ;)

Also, a complete overhaul of QD&D and all of its weaknesses would be needed here. Thus, you can easily know what to implement and whatnot.

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
I would go play it, but, i cant host DX.

What I ment was, there will be a building. Clikc on it and there will be say, 3 units, one is level 1, one is level 2, the last level 3.

Each level gives different ammounts of XP which is why there is multiple ones.

All the units would have 1 Health, 1 Mana, 1 Damage and 0 armor. Then the DM could change the units damage, armor, mana, health to what they want. I will also have triggers so that they can add Spells and Abilities to the units.

If i can get that to work properly then the custom ones i made would be for the training area, or for fillers for the DMs and any important units they could customise.

Understand better?

konerboy

Run piggy Run!
Reaction score
would be cool if the campain thing would be inside a instance.
kinda like the campain with beastmaster in TFT, where mostly quest is inside caves. :D

and the terrain should also be completly editable. :rolleyes:

Waaaaagh

Reaction score
Why not trigger XP entirely?

You could then allow the DM to set different XP gain methods.

For instance - Group Gain. Contrary to normal XP, heroes gain MORE XP if there are allies in the area (it promotes teamwork).

Single Gain - Regular type XP (Ganking is less gooder than soloing).

You could also change the XP gain rate, and stuff like that.

For setting Damage and Armor and HP and MP and stuff, are you gonna use BonusMod?

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
BonusMod?

My Ideal solution would be:

-Health 500

-Mana 250

-Armor 6

-Damage 056-097 (56-97 damage)

--------------

As for the XP thats an ok idea, but the whole point of DnD is to work togeather XD

As for the Instance idea, There needs to be multiple areas for the DMS to work in so that they could make different campagins in diferent areas at the same time.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.