Duplicate Heroes? (was: Why oh Why oh Why!?)

yuganeigii

Reaction score
every time i choose a tavern it creates two heroes

how do i prevent this?

this is my trigger its not finished yet and i have no more idea how to extend this(if it lacks of something)
Trigger:
  • Test Hero
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) Selects a unit
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Test hero
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 Test hero for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of TestLocation <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)

and this is my initialization trigger
please feel free to tell if there is anything missing or if there are errors

Trigger:
  • Initialization
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Visibility - Create an initially Enabled visibility modifier for Player 1 (Red) emitting Visibility from (Center of StartingRegion <gen>) to a radius of 512.00
      • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Camera - Pan camera for Player 1 (Red) to (Center of HeroSelection <gen>) over 0.00 seconds
          • Camera - Pan camera for Player 2 (Blue) to (Center of HeroSelection <gen>) over 0.00 seconds
          • Camera - Pan camera for Player 4 (Purple) to (Center of HeroSelection <gen>) over 0.00 seconds
          • Camera - Pan camera for Player 9 (Gray) to (Center of HeroSelection <gen>) over 0.00 seconds
        • Loop - Actions
          • Player - Limit training of (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) to 0 for (Picked player)
      • Player Group - Make Player Group - Player 1 (Red) treat (All players) as an Ally with shared vision
      • Player Group - Make Player Group - Player 2 (Blue) treat (All players) as an Ally with shared vision
      • Player Group - Make Player Group - Player 4 (Purple) treat (All players) as an Ally with shared vision
      • Player Group - Make Player Group - Player 9 (Gray) treat (All players) as an Ally with shared vision
      • Player - Add 1000 to Player 1 (Red) Current gold
      • Player - Add 1000 to Player 2 (Blue) Current gold
      • Player - Add 1000 to Player 4 (Purple) Current gold
      • Player - Add 1000 to Player 9 (Gray) Current gold
      • Game - Set game speed to Fastest

future thanks

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
I don't think these triggers have anything to do with it. I might be wrong...but offtopic, what's the point of

# Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)

* Loop - Actions
o Player - Limit training of (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) to 0 for (Picked player)

...in your initialization trigger? There's no triggering unit......0_o

Joccaren

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
They selected the unit (Bought it) then, you created one for them. Just remove that trigger and it should work properly

2. As Moridin said, there is no (Triggering Unit) at Map Initialisation

Narks

Vastly intelligent whale-like being from the stars
Reaction score
It might be a problem with warcraft 3's selection sucking ass.

yuganeigii

Reaction score
They selected the unit (Bought it) then, you created one for them. Just remove that trigger and it should work properly

what trigger do i remove??

Trigger:
    • Loop - Actions
      • Player - Limit training of (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) to 0 for (Picked player)

this trigger is supposed to prevent player from picking a specific hero after it has been chosen by another player

i dont really get it...doi just remove this trigger?

RoarMan

Reaction score
If you are using taverns, then you need to get rid of this:
Trigger:
  • Test Hero
    • Events
    • Player - Player 1 (Red) Selects a unit
    • Conditions
    • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Test hero
    • Actions
    • Unit - Create 1 Test hero for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of TestLocation <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
    • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)

As it's the culprit for your duplication as Joccaren mentioned.

Trigger:
    • Loop - Actions

this trigger is supposed to prevent player from picking a specific hero after it has been chosen by another player

i dont really get it...doi just remove this trigger?
If you want to limit the player from picking a hero, you'd have to use that action when they buy the hero.

Joccaren

Reaction score
1. Remove the 'Create hero' Trigger.

2. What is the triggering unit in 'Map Initialisation'
Give it an unit-based event and it should activate when that event happens. Do not remove that trigger, just edit it. Here is my 'limit buying' trigger:
Trigger:
  • Make Unavailable
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Sells a unit
    • Conditions
      • ((Sold unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Player - Make (Unit-type of (Sold unit)) Unavailable for training/construction by Player 1 (Red)
      • Player - Make (Unit-type of (Sold unit)) Unavailable for training/construction by Player 2 (Blue)
      • Player - Make (Unit-type of (Sold unit)) Unavailable for training/construction by Player 3 (Teal)
      • Player - Make (Unit-type of (Sold unit)) Unavailable for training/construction by Player 4 (Purple)
      • Player - Make (Unit-type of (Sold unit)) Unavailable for training/construction by Player 5 (Yellow)
      • Player - Make (Unit-type of (Sold unit)) Unavailable for training/construction by Player 6 (Orange)
      • Player - Make (Unit-type of (Sold unit)) Unavailable for training/construction by Player 7 (Green)
      • Player - Make (Unit-type of (Sold unit)) Unavailable for training/construction by Player 8 (Pink)
      • Player - Make (Unit-type of (Sold unit)) Unavailable for training/construction by Player 9 (Gray)
      • Player - Make (Unit-type of (Sold unit)) Unavailable for training/construction by Player 10 (Light Blue)

yuganeigii

Reaction score
1. Remove the 'Create hero' Trigger.

thanks for the trigger man it worked

BTW

if i remove the "create hero" trigger the hero wont show up in the specific starting point i gave them

is there another trigger that can replace this function

Joccaren

Reaction score
Event: Unit sells a unit
Conditions: Sold unit is a hero
Actions: Move sold unit to (Your Point)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.