Economic buildings

Linkoln

Reaction score
I'm looking for ideas for how an economically based society would fight against a militant and a religious society (and gods and heroes while they're at it).

The militant would use brute force, and the religious would use magic and prayer power, but i just cant think of how an economically based society would get the upper hand, besides mercs and bounty hunters. Any ideas?

-Linkoln

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
More money means more funding for research, meaning greater technology.

Tru_Power22

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
An economically advanced society could buy favours from the other two cities.

Linkoln

Reaction score
so your saying they should be able to advance much faster. However it sounds like they would advance into war tech and just be another form of a militant society. I think i need more ways of controlling the battlefield with cash, by either bribing soldiers or buying soldiers.

Jackal

You can change this now in User CP... or Die Tryin
Reaction score
A more economic society would most likely have a decent building industry, so towers/catapults/castles/walls/booby traps etc.

Linkoln

Reaction score
Heroes jobs will be to run out and find rare items by killing bosses. And although economic societies will be able to pay more, the warriors may be fighting for another town they like or for a god they worship, so it depends on what kinda heroes are out there.

BlueMirage

Trust, but doubt.
Reaction score
Let's ask ourselves this: If you want to separate military and economy (thus practically making the military poor), what would there be left for the military to exploit and use to their advantage?

In my opinion, it's not brute force. A military force that doesn't have advantage to a huge economy does not have tanks. They have spies and scouts that deal with guerilla missions, and use strategies rather than power of any sort in order to gain victory. A common military strategy is to end wars quickly, and thus this strategy with little research should fit that philosophy, no?

I suggest that you give the military a sneaky tactic of winning instead one that is compromised out of brute force. Give that strategy to the economics instead. If they get the time to research and produce their big tanks or other forms of winning, they should.

Someone above said that the economists should have access to buying foreign technology or services. I think this is a very good idea for their early game until they can gain their heavy tanks.

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
Economic as controlling universal trade? For that you have to create resources which are controllable.
Make possible buying neutral creeps so they would not attack economic race.

They need lots of resources (gold, wood, lumber) to build factories and science facilities. They have lots of farms to produce food and living space for work-class and scientists.
They have lots of quick and massive transports (mainly to spread their settlements or send reinforcements to defending)
This race should control resources -- to "plague" enemy resource locations so peons who harvest get hurt and die. Sending spies who slow down unit production or interrupt harvesting orders, start riots among enemy peons.
In best they should have constantly access to see and interrupt/ slow down enemy resources harvesting and unit production.

Specific units who lock down enemy production units when they get in attack range (Like Undead Frostwyrms?)

Some Zerg Overminds who mess up peons when in their aura range, even better gives control to enemy for time.
Though these are powerful weapons and need to be easily detectable (with upgrades) or at least counter-able (is it a word?).

Linkoln

Reaction score
yeah ok i could see that.

So i stick the militants with pure infantry and have economy develop vehicles, for both military and non purposes.

Does that sound like it would be good?

BlueMirage

Trust, but doubt.
Reaction score
I would personally say that it is a good albeit restricting idea. I can easily imagine that a poor military needs some way to maneuver around for their missions. Simple boats (With low attack potential, if any) zeppelins seem like good ideas.

Guerilla type militaries like to sabotage stuff, so you can give them Dynamite or something for their top researches, and maybe even ballistas. What matters is that it is low-tech (Well, dynamite isn't, but it's still the top of their research tree). Think medieval war in terms of technology and american spy movies for playstyle and I think you should get what I mean.

PrisonLove

Hard Realist
Reaction score
I think you should go this route:

Militant society - Uses overwhelming numbers of aggressive troops

Religious - Uses magic powers and such

Economic - Uses technologically advanced troops, but are small in number

LoveRPG

Reaction score
Hm, well. Who developed the nuclear bomb, a scientist. Just a thought, maybe the economics will use greater technological weapons, such as diceases, bombs. Also, economics is quite hard to balance out with the other two. Mainly since it is something that both parts need to agree to, in a different game, the econmics might have been able to buy out players, but who would just give up? My best advice to you is to find another sort of faction then econmics, otherwise the bomb and dicease is my best bet. Also economics has to do with politics, like bribing etc, how would u bribe a player to leave the game? he wont keep the money when he has left.

Linkoln

Reaction score
i think i'l go the; interest gathering buildings, Freezing enemy buildings, bribing soldiers, transforming led into gold route.

Now i really just need ideas for what buildings would produce these things...
any ideas?

Edit: If you ever have played Magic the gathering, I figure this is gonna be kinda like a life gain deck. If you have an unstoppable force bursting through each player, you pump up one of the players being attacked so your life gets saved in the long run.

Linkoln

Reaction score
I'm asking for help on ideas for about one sixths of the games content.... so no... not quite yet... maybe later... lol

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
i think i'l go the; interest gathering buildings, Freezing enemy buildings, bribing soldiers, transforming led into gold route.

Now i really just need ideas for what buildings would produce these things...
any ideas?

Edit: If you ever have played Magic the gathering, I figure this is gonna be kinda like a life gain deck. If you have an unstoppable force bursting through each player, you pump up one of the players being attacked so your life gets saved in the long run.

I would recommend you create a thread in Member's Projects for this map if you want to continuasly ask questions.

> If you ever have played Magic the gathering, I figure this is gonna be kinda like a life gain deck. If you have an unstoppable force bursting through each player, you pump up one of the players being attacked so your life gets saved in the long run.

Elaborate Please?

Linkoln

Reaction score
uhh.... well in magic you have life... If you have a life gain deck you can restore that life. Sometimes there would be a guy with giant creatures and it he would be killing players left and right. So when i know i'm next, i keep giving the player next to me life so that he could never get to me.

So if there is a powerful force tearing through the land (and it will happen), then i can keep funding the warrior/religious town near me to take down the force.

Edit: and i'd rather not give all the details of my thing just yet... I usualy get too into it and make it too long and boring for people to read, so i'l just hit the questions as they come for now..

Double Edit: Still need those building ideas though. Things like factories and banks....

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +1
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.