Element TD

Karawasa

Element Tower Defense
Reaction score
And yes, progress is going along very nicely. In fact....

Enjoy the first public beta. This is not the first Beta in case your wondering, its about the 10th. All the previous ones have been played by friends of mine or friends of friends.

This is a BETA. If you find a bug or have a balance concern, EMAIL ME. [email protected]

Thanks

PS: EVERY tower has seen a change in some way. Thus, don't be afraid to get something, for fear that it sucks (if it sucked in 2.5). My goal was to make every combination viable IF played right. Also, the GAME IS HARDER. Creeps have more armor, so you will have to play smarter.

M

mrchak

Hey all - I just stumbled upon this thread. I'm the dude who made the map in the first place. I'm glad there's such an interest in going forward with enhancements and balances to the map. I'd like to be involved in the process if thats cool with you all.

Brian

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
who wants to bet that is total BS

M

mrchak

It's REALLY me.

It's not total BS - I don't know how I can prove it to you - send an email to [email protected] and I'll reply to it telling you that the post wasn't bs.

It's REALLY me, and I REALLY am interested in what you are doing

Brian

Karawasa

Element Tower Defense
Reaction score
Its the real deal. That email has been in the map for ages. I see really good times ahead.

Karawasa

Element Tower Defense
Reaction score
Beta 2 Out:

-Samerandom mode added, enjoy.
-Widgetizer used on map, load time should be quite reduced for ppl with bad computers.
-Some more trigger cleanups (memory leak removal) exit time should be further reduced
-Money towers nerf to damage
-Fixed arrow hotkey conflict, now its R
-Acid bomb duration down to 5 seconds at level 1
-Creeps no longer have that mana healing effect when hero mode is activated
-Creeps summoned by undead towers shouldn't be able to block anymore
-Undead tower creeps buffed slightly via attack speed CD lowering
-Infernal tower buffed slightly via attack speed CD lowering
-Crypt tower damage buffed slightly, now crypt has instant death lvl 1, tomb has instant death lvl 2 (instead of 2/3)
-Periodic Tower of the Elements saw a range increase of 50, cost up to that of pure (24k)
-Darkness and Light both saw buffs to their damage. Darkness tower lvl 1 went from 82 dps to 90. Light went from 78 to 85 dps. Subsequent amplfied, refine, focused, pure changed as a direct result.

Enjoy

U

Unregistered

k, i just wanted to let you know that i just lost in an Element TD (2.5, hopefully by now you've done something about this)

i really like metal towers and want to use them, but there really is no way (that i know of, and besides random) that i can go metal towers without dying

i decided to try something new, by going 5 interest, and the 3 fire, light, earth/3 fire2, light2, earth2

i started with fire, got 2 interest, got light, 2 interest, and earth

by that time i had a large amount of electricity towers, i converted 2 to metal towers

i started upgrading the cheap upgrades slowly, but started doing worse and worse

eventually i died selling all my electricity towers to upgrade more, but nothing

also, when i go mass metal towers (assuming i have the money... somehow) even then they are not that effective

X

xflip04

Hey mrchak can you please tell me how you got those neat element icons on the loading screen? I tryed emailing you but you never emailed me back :p

E

Eilhal

I have some really good suggestion that me and a few others were talking about while playing... first one is making all selections in the begging going into Dialog boxes (I will do this I would just like to have an unprotected copy of the latest version I don't know if it's protected haven't checked) also adding the ability to choose when your elementals come when on random... while you wouldn't be able to choose what the elemental would be but you would get to choose when it came by using an ability that is given to your hero when random mode is activated. Also in my opinion Darkness towers should have longer range then Light towers.... then may do more damage but are still considerably less effective then light because light has more range and more attack speed.... I will do all of these upgrades myself if someone would like... if you think these aren't good ideas please tell me so I don't waste my time :p

M

mrchak

Loading Screen custom graphic

Well, first of all, you need to make a cool square graphic (square as in dimensions, not in coolness). I think it has to be like 256x256 or 512x512 - something like that. You import it into your map using the import manager. In the Game Interface menu, you find the graphic you want to replace (I replaced the night-elf graphic - you know the shield with the glaive and arrows behind it?) And that's that!

if you want your graphic to be transparent or semi-transparent you have to save it as a TGA with alpha values. If you don't know how to do that then you should mess around until you figure it out. I'm sure there's tutorials available all over the internet.

That's basically it. As far as how I made the graphics in the first place, that was a long process- it took a long time but it was a lot of fun.

Karawasa

Element Tower Defense
Reaction score
Beta3

This release will be infamous for fixing two HUGE problems that have haunted Element TD for ages.

Beta 3:

-Creep clump problem FIXED *Problem 1*
-Creep spawn reworked, last creep synchornized regardless of Difficulty *Problem 2*
- (-ar) and (-sr) added
-Darkness range up to 1500
-Light and darkness both saw attack CD decreases coupled with damage decreases
-Undead tower creeps further buffed

M

mrchak

Feedback of beta 3

Level 14 corpse decay - they disappear and reappear again (glaive throwers)

Firelord ability Immolation is TOO strong- it should be like half as damaging. At
level 6 it does SO much damage you don't need towers anymore.

Rain of fire kills your undead skeleton helpers.

Perhaps the enchantment tower spell "inner fire" should cost 25 or 20 mana instead of 35

Furthermore, we should consider a multiboard instead of just a leaderboard. They take a lot more programming, but can display a plethora of information and are very sweet.
It could display:
Player name
Random mode or not)
Current elements (briefly display)
Kills (perhaps)
Net worth
Lives
Difficulty
As well as sorting players by rank of lives

In addition, it could incorporate:
Interest Timer
Current Level (and if current level is fire, water)
What the next level is perhaps? It could simply be a symbol (like fire, water,etc)
Next-level Timer
Game mode

Karawasa

Element Tower Defense
Reaction score
I am 100% noob at multiboards though. I will ask emjrl3 if he wants to do it. It is a GREAT idea i must admit.

Other suggestions/bug complaints will be resolved for next beta.

C

CenshiCheese

Theres a tutorial on leader Bordes, you prolly should give that a read instead

M

mrchak

Multiboard

I'll design the multiboard.

It's not TOO bad, but it needs to be carefully designed and maintained. Basically it's just a nxm grid with whatever information you want, each cell of the grid can have a small icon and also text. You set the width of each cell column and you also can have a cell span multiple columns (much like a table in html)

chak

M

mrchak

Multiboard example

Here's my first stab at a multiboard for the game.
1468625224501680141_rs.jpg

I'm not sure if seeing which elements your opponents have would be useful or interesting or just a waste of space.
The problem I notice is that with the extra information it takes up more of the screen...

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
sweet

Damn nice :)

Keep up the good work !

C

CenshiCheese

Wow, as a first stab taht really hit hard, thats the best multyborde ive ever seen.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.