Element TD

Karawasa

Element Tower Defense
Reaction score
Hello all,

I will be working on Element TD 3.0 down the line. In order to best bring you a great update, I want to hear your thoughts on the game currently.

Please, use only 2.5 as a reference as that is the last version created by MrChak.

You can email any suggestions you have (I am looking for BALANCE mostly) to [email protected].

Thanks

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Do you have permission to make a new version of Element TD? If you do ... I'll help you out with it.

Karawasa

Element Tower Defense
Reaction score
I have tried contacting MrChak both on bnet and through his gmail account. He has stopped making versions a long time ago. Unfortunatly, his last version left some things to be desired.

I will be maintaining credit to MrChak throughout this process. The goal of this is to improve the map, not steal it.

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
I have to say its great map!

I havent completed the normal mode nor the hero one. (Too hard, seems that I dont know how to build propely, or those creep are unbalanced:D)
About the hero mod, I was on level 57 when the host got beaten and it disconnected the game. I was winning for pete sake!

Anyway, you could try to add new monsters, new towers, balance some of them a little bit (Have to update, which one's of them exactly).

New heroes always welcomed.

ragingspeedhorn

Is a Banned Asshole
Reaction score
You better make a propper update now that there is gonna be one, I just dont like people taking over other peoples maps without permission even if it aint to steal credit.

None the less, good luck with it ;)

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
i thought we had talked about this...

Karawasa

Element Tower Defense
Reaction score
I need to talk to you on MSN emjlr3. I'll be on later this afternoon.

@Raging, it will be a proper update. Of course our TD and TT take precedence meaning that I won't be releasing this for a very good deal of time. The focus of the update will be Balance and Optimization, with minor emphasis on Polish and Bug Fixes.

Jo.O

Bored...
Reaction score
Make it harder! I finished the map and only lost like 10 óut of 50 lifes the first time i played it. :cool:

Karawasa

Element Tower Defense
Reaction score
I was thinking about that too. RIght now the armor goes 0-3-5-8-10 for the difficulty levels.

I was thinking of making it like 2-4-6-8-10. Very hard is already hard enough, the problem is Very Easy, Easy and Normal. I believe this change hits the problem right on the spot.

As for new content, nah I don't think I will be doing that.

Remember raging, we have our own TD to focus on. This will simply be something I work on when I am not working on our TD or TT.

The goal is to create a smooth final version for this series.

F

fratleyslaye

I truly thought this game was VERY balanced, and hard to add new content when periodic table of the elments is there for the "final" last tower.

It is true that first time i played(very easy =-O) I beat it, without doubt was really fun but a bit too easy, next time i played it i played on very hard and i got stomped :p I don't think it needs a "final" version, I think it is quite nice in the state that it's in now.

Karawasa

Element Tower Defense
Reaction score
I have to disagree. There are combinations that you simply cannot beat the game with. There are also combinations that you simply cannot lose the game with.

You see people getting laser/phaser and metal/alloy for a reason, they are superior to other combinations. And they are not only a little better, they blow other combinations out of the water.

Imo, that is a balance problem.

Also, if you were able to beat it your first time playing, perhaps its just a tad too easy? Hopefully by changing the armor bonus, that will add at least a little more difficulty to Very Easy, Easy and Normal.

Btw, the Periodic Tower of Elements blows in comparison to Alloy towers lol.

U

uchiha31

:cool: i find element td to be a little easier...(more easier than skibis td)
if i were to suggest to you about the improvement of this game...
make it harder...the creeps i mean...
and another thing...make new towers that surpass pure lemental towers because some pure elemental towers are so powerful that it is almost a sure win...so sure that some people always use it..
some super hybrid towers like for example light-water-darkness-fire-nature-earth all in one tower...that way they will have more options in tower building....

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Karawasa, if I evaluate what you did with Tropical Tag, I'd say that we don't have a beginner handling the next version. But how will you start editing the map from 2.5 ? Do you have an unprotected version or something ?

Anyways, good luck. You will have some problems at first understanding his work (probably) but I'm sure you'll get over it. I can hardly wait for that version to come out, as Element TD is a sweet TD (a bit long but.. heh :p) Insanely fun, as well as prolly balanced (compared to many TDs).

Malto1

B

bugi_bi

i love element td...i will be glad to help and suggest things...
first thing i would like to see is few more game modes..i hate(and i have seen others who hate this) when you take very hard and some noob takes very easy and screws the game by killing creeps too fast :banghead: ....just makes much harder for everyone else....
hmm, second hero is usualy useless one and steals exp for the first hero :banghead:
oh well thats it for now....

B

BK2

Can anyone tell me what combination of towers give you the Laser/Phaser makeup?

Thanks...

Karawasa

Element Tower Defense
Reaction score
Ya I already have the unprotected version and I have been working on it for sometime now. I am currently in Beta stage testing my changes and seeing what needs to be changed.

If you want to try the beta or want your input considered, email me at [email protected]. Please, if you try the beta please comment to me what needs to be changed.

Siefer

Reaction score
Ya, one problem I have is that people go through certain combinations all the time. I'd rather a player able to take any route to victory. The last one I tried was 2.5. I like the different difficulty modes. I NEVER ever tried TD's until this one. So somebody like me could start at very easy and work his way to higher difficulty modes. So, consider everyone else's evaluations but also consider noobs like me, so don't make it too hard. Souds like it could use some more balance (the Periodic Tower blows compared to others? I never tried it, but it sounds like it should be stregnthened), but otherwise I've liked what I've played so far. Good luck!

Karawasa

Element Tower Defense
Reaction score
Yes, the perioidic tower is such a joke I think its in there as joke. It is so unbelievably bad.

I am trying to do that, make every combination viable such that if you play it right, you could win with more then a few godly combinations. Only beta testing will show how my balance changes are fairing.

F

fratleyslaye

I could test it if you want, pm me any kind of info. Besides your email address ;)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.