Fade Filter won't work

Battle[StFh]

Reaction score
My Fade Filter won't work and I can't find out why...

Look at my trigger:

Code:
Fade Filter
    Events
        Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -movie as An exact match
    Conditions
    Actions
        Cinematic - Fade out and back in over 4.00 seconds using texture CanadianIdiotStartFadeFilter.blp and color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with 0.00% transparency
        Cinematic - Show filter
        Wait 4.00 seconds
        Trigger - Run Cinematic death of Ardias <gen> (ignoring conditions)

Anyone knows what's wrong ?

mase

____ ___ ____ __
Reaction score
You have to fade in the filter. Fade out removes it.

Reaction score
Fade in removes it :D

Use only Fade out to get it dark and then manually after few seconds make action to Fade it in.

Battle[StFh]

Reaction score
Darn I don't understand, I used the Custom Fade Filter Tutorial, followed it step by step, checked it all thrice, it was all OK... but it won't work...

No one has any Idea why it won't work?

2-P

I will work hard tomorrow
Reaction score
I guess the custom texture you're using doesn't work.

And you don't need that Show Filter action.

Battle[StFh]

Reaction score
Here are both the .bmp file (had to zip it for it was too big) and the .blp file, please take a look at it, for I don't understand what's going wrong :confused:

[EDIT]I need to remove the attachements for I have to post another attachement in another post wich will exceed my maximum attachement size...

Srry :(

mase

____ ___ ____ __
Reaction score
Did you convert the image to .blp correctly?

Battle[StFh]

Reaction score
Thanks that'll help :p

Anyway, I'd just like it if anybody would convert this image:
StartFadeFilterCanadianIdiot.jpg

Into a working .blp format...

Thanks in advance, and no this isn't for any contest on this forum :)

chovynz

We are all noobs! in different states of Noobism!
Reaction score
Your Jpg is corrupt. Can you post a link to another one or a different format?

[edit : Nevermind. I took a screenshot]

Attached is a working fade filter trigger map with your screen. Check out this link -> Fade Tutorial. This took me all of 30 mins from taking a screenshot to uploading the file - mainly because I dont use many fade filters. I'd forgotten it all.

Note to all who want to Use Fade Filters ... When he says "you need to select..." hes talking about an alpha channel. You need a White alpha channel so that your images displays correctly.

Edit3: I'm assuming this has been downloaded and is no longer useful. I need the space so I'm going to delete this attachment. PM if you need it again.

Battle[StFh]

Reaction score
Thanks it works now, do you know what I have done wrong?

How can a .jpg get corrupted?

A big thanks for you and +rep :D

However, I already read the tutorial before you gave it to me :D

chovynz

We are all noobs! in different states of Noobism!
Reaction score
o_O

Any number of things could've stopped you from making a fade filter. Without seeing your process it could've been...1) you renamed a bmp to a jpg, 2) you didn't select all when saving 3) you didnt add an alpha channel 4) you added a black alpha channel 5) you used an incorrect file to import into image extractor 6) you didnt use image extractor 7) etc....

The list goes on. The mind boggles.

How can a .jpg get corrupted?
Well you see its like this . . . Jpg's usually start out good, but then they make some bad choices. Little tiny pixel jpg peons start encroaching on anothers pixel jpg's kingdom. Only, what the first pixel jpg didn't know was that the second pixel jpg was an undead pixel jpg. So the undead pixel jpg sent an undead pixel acolyte and started converting all the first pixel jpg peons to undead pixel jpg peons. This angers the first pixel jpg to the point of sending some pixel jpg knights to attack the undead pixel jpg acolyte, whom responds by sending some undead pixel jpg abominations. The first pixel jpg forgot to upgrade their pixel jpg buildings so the undead pixel jpg abominations just raze the first pixel jpg's city. Then the undead pixel jpg hero just walks in and *pop* kills off the first pixel jpg. But there's a script running in the background which reanimates the first pixel jpg as an undead pixel jpg . . .whose resources gets stolen by some third pixel jpg peons. This annoys the converted first to undead pixel jpg hero so he sends a converted first to undead pixel jpg acolyte to convert the annoying third pixel jpg's peons. So then the good pixel jpg becomes a corrupted pixel jpg and does what he hates to do.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.