Falling off a cliff

TheSNGuy

Reaction score
Do you guys know any way to have my units be able to fall off a cliff?

I'm designed a map with a heavy stealthy/maze component and I want units to be able to drop off the cliffs to ambush but I can' think of any easy way to implement this. I need them to be able to fall off but not climb back on.

Tru_Power

Reaction score
Hmmm, thats pretty simple, make two regions, one and the top of the cliff and one on the bottom, with the unit enters the regeion on the top of the cliff, move him instantly to the regeion on the bottom! And if you really know what your doing you could even make them slide!

B

Bertinator

You could also make steeper cliffs using WE Unlimited or something like that, and by putting LoS blockers at the top and/or bottom. So you just move to the bottom, and they'd have no idea you came. It's pretty simple. There are two downsides, though.

1.) People can chase you back up the cliff

2.) It looks like crap with Brick and other Cityscape terrains.

TheSNGuy

Reaction score
I tried the multiple regions thing already but I ran into several issues

1) It's a temple maze-like map so the paths you can drop off are extremmely small. With the unwalkable border edge it makes it way too easy to fall off.

2) It creates the need for a lot of triggers and regions because there are a lot of cliffs.

Also I'm looking for a solution that would work with elevators.(I'm plannign to use elevator bridges)

EDIT:
I'm wondering whether i could use elevators to create my dropoffable platforms...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.