Crime `Fight club' bouts probed at home for the retarded

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas (AP) - Seven employees at a state-run home for the mentally disabled have been suspended for allegedly staging a "fight club" among residents.

Corpus Christi Police Captain Tim Wilson says the fight clubs were uncovered when someone gave an off-duty police officer a cell phone containing videos of fights at the Corpus Christi State School.

Wilson says the videos show mentally disabled adult clients punching, shoving, and striking each other while the employees watch.

Wilson calls the abuse "appalling." He says police expect to file charges against several employees by the end of the week.

Last edited:

Snowbizzle

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Come on now, you've all seen South Park. Is a mentally-challenged fight really that much more despicable than a cripple fight? I think not.

I will not accept the excuse that one is animated and the other involves live human beings. These are trivial matters.

The humor, terrible as it may be, stands. Entertainment frequently stems from depravity, and just because you aren't as depraved as the people actually gleaning entertainment from this doesn't mean it isn't still hilarious. If people like the employees staging these retard-fights didn't exist, we would have no South Park, no Family Guy, and no goddamn stupid Desperate Housewives. Take the bad with the good and man up.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
That was simply idiotic. You're justifying having people who don't and can't know any better HURT ONE ANOTHER by saying "Hey, at least stuff like this makes good TV"?

Wow. Depravity, nothing. Stupidity reigns this thread.

Tythoid

Reaction score
When I first saw this thread I was worried someone like snowbizzle was going to make his views public. You cant justify cruelity to some of the most vulnerable people for any entertainment and finding amusement in such things you could use the same logic to justify war if it inspired videogames and is it only funny if its happening to someone else? What if you were beaten up and filmed or someone in your family would you still find the funny side and tell us to "man up"?

Snowbizzle

Reaction score
I was mostly joking, but let's see how offended you all can really get.

Do you think these seven employees were the only ones present? It's safe to assume that there are more than seven people watching over the 300+ mentally challenged adults in this center, so where were the rest of them while all this was occurring? Did they just coincidentally step out? Did they have no knowledge of the fights whatsoever? That's wishful thinking. So where were they?

I think they were all doing exactly what 9 out of 10 of you would be doing in that situation: Absolutely nothing. You can sit here and whine and complain with moral rhetoric, but in reality, you would laugh your asses off at those videos and there's really not much you can say that will convince me otherwise.

You want to know the truth? If someone I knew was involved in something like this, I would ask them if they won any money or shiny medals. I will tell you to man up all day long. There are so many dozens of things in this world that are worse than making retarded people fight that arguing over this is trivial. Either you admit you think it's funny or you don't.

And for the record, my initial argument was that the prospect shouldn't be offensive. If anything, the act itself should be what sets you off. The reason you attacked me was because you read what you wanted to read and not what I was actually saying.

Same shit, different day. You'd think you would catch on by now.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Nah, I don't think I would laugh at retards fighting each other. Just like I wouldn't laugh at Bum Fights. And no, I probably wouldn't do anything either unless I was friends with the fighter's sibling, or the fighter him/herself. Why? Cause I got shiz of my own. Or probably cause I'm just selfish like that.

And it should be offensive. These people are put and paid to take care of these people, yet they abuse them for their own entertainment and amusement. Even if they voluntereed for free, they were put in charge to take care and help them, not pointless fighting for shits and giggles.

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
It's about as funny as wheelchair jousts at a nursing home. As in, not at all.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Actually, what I would find offensive is your condesending tone, as if you were all-knowing. Or rather, if you know anything at all. I love bitter people like you who think they have an insight on the reality of human nature and constantly express how negatively they view it. It makes me laugh to think how the first thoughts to your mind[s, for plural usage to a broader view]

-Rep for your tone. You should really be more respectful of people, but, well... You won't be :)

Snowbizzle

Reaction score
Yeah, I won't be. You don't like my tone?

Go write more angsty poetry. Insight on the reality of human nature -- jesus.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
but in reality, you would laugh your asses off at those videos and there's really not much you can say that will convince me otherwise.

You want to know the truth? If someone I knew was involved in something like this, I would ask them if they won any money or shiny medals.
I would not laugh at all! Its f*cking shit what this employee did to this people... thats is for sure! "money or shiny medals!" Maybe they say yes but for real they get nothing.. you don't think so?

DogOfHavoc

Future Tragedy
Reaction score
Come on now, -rep for tone? He was just expressing his opinion, which he is fully entitled to do.

Furthermore, as terrible as this is there is definitely a humorous side to it. As bad as that sounds it's the truth. I laughed when I read the report, not because I'm some sadistic monster, but because I'm human. Most people find mentally retarded people at least somewhat funny. Whether they supress this humor and act "civilized" is irrelevant. You know deep down that something about this is funny. You can say that's harsh, but you'd be lying if you never laughed when someone was called "retarded" for doing something stupid, or at at a joke pertaining to similar matters. It's the same concept as laughing at your friend when he trips.

So in summary, this was extremely cruel and the people who did this should be punished. But, I am not inhumane for chuckling at the whole situation.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Fight Club at home for mentally disabled Bumping For Great Justice!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New recipe is another summer dessert Berry and Peach Cheesecake - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-berry-and-peach-cheesecake.194169/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.