Footmen triggers

The_Reaping

Reaction score
Hey, i'm making a footman frenzy map and i'm stuck with some of the triggers, i'm new to using triggers and i'm stuck with the spawning of heroes. I have the hero taverns and sprites next to it.. but when i spawn the hero.. it spawns next to the tavern and i'm stuck trying to get it to spawn next to the players barracks/whatever.. if you could help me i'd appreciate it a lot.

Thanks,
The_Reaping

SyrisX

Reaction score
I don't have a ton of experience with this specific thing. But if you could post the code (triggers) you have already, I think it would be easier to help you :)

The_Reaping

Reaction score
I don't have a ton of experience with this specific thing. But if you could post the code (triggers) you have already, I think it would be easier to help you :)

Ok i'll post it in a second. I'll edit this post.

Events
Unit - A unit Begins training a unit
Conditions
Actions
Unit - Create 1 Paladin for Player 1 (Red) at (Player 1 (Red) start location) facing Default building facing degrees
Unit - Create 1 Archmage for Player 1 (Red) at (Player 1 (Red) start location) facing Default building facing degrees
Unit - Create 1 Mountain King for Player 1 (Red) at (Player 1 (Red) start location) facing Default building facing degrees
Unit - Create 1 Blood Mage for Player 1 (Red) at (Player 1 (Red) start location) facing Default building facing degrees

SyrisX

Reaction score
I will assume there is a trigger that specifies which unit is being trained?

Anyway... Create a point variable first (find the variable editor and create a new variable, give it a name, and set its type to "point")

Trigger:
  • Your Trigger
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Temp_Point = (Center of (Playable map area)) //sets the point variable you created to a specific location
      • Unit - Create 1 Paladin for Player 1 (Red) at Temp_Point facing Default building facing degrees //creates the specified unit
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Temp_Point)//script to remove the created point (this prevents leaks that cause lag in your game

Change: (Center of (Playable map area)) to a specific "region" you create near your "barracks/whatever".. Or you can select the unit with an offset so that it spawns to the side of the unit

The_Reaping

Reaction score
I will assume there is a trigger that specifies which unit is being trained?

Anyway... Create a point variable first (find the variable editor and create a new variable, give it a name, and set its type to "point")

Trigger:
  • Your Trigger
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Temp_Point = (Center of (Playable map area)) //sets the point variable you created to a specific location
      • Unit - Create 1 Paladin for Player 1 (Red) at Temp_Point facing Default building facing degrees //creates the specified unit
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Temp_Point)//script to remove the created point (this prevents leaks that cause lag in your game

Change: (Center of (Playable map area)) to a specific "region" you create near your "barracks/whatever".. Or you can select the unit with an offset so that it spawns to the side of the unit

Hm... could you be more specific?.. Still trying to work out triggers :p

kaboo

Reaction score
free hand:
events - specific unit(tavern) sells a unit
conditions -
actions -
for 1 to 12 do actions
-if owner of sold unit equal to player(a)
-then move unit to baracks owned by player(a)

The_Reaping

Reaction score
free hand:
events - specific unit(tavern) sells a unit
conditions -
actions -
for 1 to 12 do actions
-if owner of sold unit equal to player(a)
-then move unit to baracks owned by player(a)

Ahhh thanks. I made it work. I'm now having difficulty with defeat conditions... Could i ask for help again? :p

SyrisX

Reaction score
What are your defeat conditions?

Edit: guess I should have known that, considering it is a footman frenzy game ;)

kaboo

Reaction score
another free hand:
events - generic unit dies
conditions - unit type of dying unit equal to main building(its the barrack i think)
actions -
for 1 to 12 do actions
-if owner of dying unit equal to player(a)
-then defeat player(a) {or do with him whatever u want}

The_Reaping

Reaction score
another free hand:
events - generic unit dies
conditions - unit type of dying unit equal to main building(its the barrack i think)
actions -
for 1 to 12 do actions
-if owner of dying unit equal to player(a)
-then defeat player(a) {or do with him whatever u want}

Thanks!! <3

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.