Forum Template?

SD_Ryoko

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Hi

Did you know we have this template? Do you like it?

I like it... too much :( I just wanted to see if anyone else did.

Attachments

• template.jpg
    template.jpg
    233.7 KB · Views: 373
T

ThE-eNiGmA

TheHelper.net could certainly use a graphical face-lift, if only to make it more inviting. I like it!

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
Here's my €0.02:

The forum names use too large a font.
As do the numbers.

Black text on white ground is always an excellent idea.
Would the postings be the same? (Yes, they will; but, just asking)

The ages old The Helper "logo" (the blue one with yellow text) could defintely use a rework.
Switching templates could just be the perfect excuse ;)

Now go and do it.

Yours,
AceHart

L

lordloki

Just to give you an idea....

Flash Banner

I can also make it animated gif if need be... although flash is much more smooth.

Also whatever fonts colors etc... If you need something for whatever template.. I seem to be somewhat decent with graphics :D

R

R15I23D05D14

I am happy with the forums as they are. I do not have any actual problem with the possible new forums, but I am against what appears to be change for changes sake.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Perhaps you should have made a poll, Ryoko :D

I like it, though. It just seems a bit ... "Cleaner", as far as looks go, if you understand that.

Don't know how to explain it.

Just do :p

SD_Ryoko

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Lordloki:
LOL flash. Neat, but I dont think its necessary to hafta load flash, special for our dial up guys.

What I would want, is a new TheHelper.net banner. That one looks like the one we have. The new banner would be (A little bit smaller) and match the colors and style of that template I posted. No, don't think 'blue box' with new colors. Think, something that fits right on top of that screenshot, instead of 'Vbullitin'.

Acehart:
Yes, those fonts were not changed; they are the original tempalte. Logically, I would have a fully working template structured before I switched it over. That includes our header, footer, and new nav bars.

R15I23D05D14:
I wouldn't say its just for change's sake. Something fresh and new can always be positive. I like it so much more. Most likely because, I've been staring at our existing colors too long.

Alexander
Admins can add a poll to any existing thread. However, from the replies here, only five people or so would have voted :)

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Ah, yeah, I guess that's true... (Both points) Oh well! :p Just a thought.

Anyway, here's another one, for banner (WARNING! FOR THOSE OF YOU WITH LITTLE TO NO SENSE OF HUMOR, THIS IS A JOKE!) :D

At OM.com, our banner (made by Malice-) has the picture of a Spell Breaker in it. Now, there's no reference between OM.com and Spell Breakers, he just looks cool :D For "The Helper.net", though, perhaps you could have...Say...

A PRIEST! :D

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
All in all, the "change" wouldn't be that dramatic.
We're in blue here already as it is :)

The New Proposed Standard "simply" adds additional contrast,
between the text and its background.

Now, this is a forum after all.
Readability is everything!

Improved readability and a nicer shade of blue... sounds good to me.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.