Code:
Frost Nova
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Frost Nova 
    Actions
        Unit Group - Add (Triggering unit) to DMGUnitGroup
        Set Point[1] = (Position of (Triggering unit))
        Set UnitGroup[1] = (Units within 500.00 of Point[1] matching ((((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True) and (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to True)))
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in UnitGroup[1] and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Quest - Display to (All players) the Quest Update message: DOES THIS HAPPEN? A
                Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing (20.00 + ((Real((Level of Frost Nova  for (Triggering unit)))) x 40.00)) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
                Unit - Create 1 Dummy Unit for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at Point[1] facing Default building facing degrees
                Unit - Add a 3.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
                Unit - Add Frost Nova [Dummy] (Immobilizing) to (Last created unit)
                Unit - Set level of Frost Nova [Dummy] (Immobilizing) for (Last created unit) to (Level of Frost Nova  for (Triggering unit))
                Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Night Elf Keeper Of The Grove - Entangling Roots (Picked unit)
        For each (Integer A) from 1 to 60, do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Quest - Display to (All players) the Quest Update message: DOES THIS HAPPEN? B
                Set Point[2] = ((Position of (Triggering unit)) offset by 256.00 towards (6.00 x (Real((Integer A)))) degrees)
                Unit - Create 1 Dummy Unit for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at Point[1] facing Default building facing degrees
                Animation - Change (Last created unit)'s size to (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) of its original size
                Unit - Add Frost Nova [Dummy] (Effect) to (Last created unit)
                Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Neutral - Breath Of Frost Point[2]
                Unit - Add a 0.50 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
                Custom script:   call RemoveLocation (udg_Point[2])
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation (udg_Point[1])
        Custom script:   call DestroyGroup(udg_UnitGroup[1])

If I use it with no enemies nearby it works fine, however - if I use it with any enemies around it wont work. Whats the problem :confused:

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
What doesn't work? Also you got a leak here:
Code:
Set Point[2] = ([B](Position of (Triggering unit)[/B]) offset by 256.00 towards (6.00 x (Real((Integer A)))) degrees)
Ain't 60 breath of frost a bit much to create a nova? I think 16 is more than enough.

Leazy

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
What doesn't work? Also you got a leak here:
Code:
Set Point[2] = ([B](Position of (Triggering unit)[/B]) offset by 256.00 towards (6.00 x (Real((Integer A)))) degrees)
Ain't 60 breath of frost a bit much to create a nova? I think 16 is more than enough.

Alright, lowered the integer thing & fixed the leak.

This is the new product:
Code:
Frost Nova
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Frost Nova 
    Actions
        Unit Group - Add (Triggering unit) to DMGUnitGroup
        Set Point[1] = (Position of (Triggering unit))
        Set UnitGroup[1] = (Units within 500.00 of Point[1] matching ((((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True) and (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to True)))
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in UnitGroup[1] and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing (20.00 + ((Real((Level of Frost Nova  for (Triggering unit)))) x 40.00)) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
                Unit - Add a 3.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
                Unit - Add Frost Nova [Dummy] (Immobilizing) to (Last created unit)
                Unit - Set level of Frost Nova [Dummy] (Immobilizing) for (Last created unit) to (Level of Frost Nova  for (Triggering unit))
                Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Night Elf Keeper Of The Grove - Entangling Roots (Picked unit)
        For each (Integer A) from 1 to 15, do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Set Point[2] = (Point[1] offset by 256.00 towards (24.00 x (Real((Integer A)))) degrees)
                Animation - Change (Last created unit)'s size to (125.00%, 125.00%, 125.00%) of its original size
                Unit - Add Frost Nova [Dummy] (Effect) to (Last created unit)
                Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Neutral - Breath Of Frost Point[2]
                Unit - Add a 0.50 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
                Custom script:   call RemoveLocation (udg_Point[2])
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation (udg_Point[1])
        Custom script:   call DestroyGroup(udg_UnitGroup[1])

It does show the effect and all without any nearby enemies,
however if there are nearby enemies no effects are shown and they don't get affected by the Frost Nova dummy spell, however they take DMG.

Nexor

Reaction score
If the breath of frosts are just for eyecandy, then u should check the dummy's mana, casting point or the breath of frost's values for mana, cd...

It should work with this trigger, but if I remember correct I had some problems using breath of frost and fire with the visual appearance too, it did deal damage but no effect were shown, it's a bug I think if it won't show, but it deals damage, so don't be worried :thup:

Leazy

Reaction score
If the breath of frosts are just for eyecandy, then u should check the dummy's mana, casting point or the breath of frost's values for mana, cd...

It should work with this trigger, but if I remember correct I had some problems using breath of frost and fire with the visual appearance too, it did deal damage but no effect were shown, it's a bug I think if it won't show, but it deals damage, so don't be worried :thup:

Well, yeah it's just for the eye candy, but their damn important. Also, the other thing, I create dummys casting a custom Entangling Roots, they don't though. :/

I really don't understand whats wrong with this trigger, it looks fine to me.. :S

Prediter[BuB

Reaction score
Make sure either dummies have mana and enough starting mana or the spells have no cooldown and manacost

Leazy

Reaction score
The mana cost of the spell is 0, the CD is 0, there is no requirement, the cast range is 99999, the right targets are allowed. Still does not work? :S

Leazy

Reaction score
Bump.

Is there NO ONE that that help me with this?

Diamondeye

Reaction score
Please, don't bump unless the 24 hours have passed...

And sorry no, it sounds too complicated for me. Try adjusting the CD to .01 second, 0 sometimes means infinity.

Also, is it only the effect that does not show, or is it the paralyzation, or both?

Leazy

Reaction score
Please, don't bump unless the 24 hours have passed...

And sorry no, it sounds too complicated for me. Try adjusting the CD to .01 second, 0 sometimes means infinity.

Also, is it only the effect that does not show, or is it the paralyzation, or both?

The effect don't work and they don't get the custom entagling roots.

I tried to change the coldoown to 0,01, did not change anything though.

dragonhord

Knowledge is true opinion. - Plato
Reaction score
Out of curiousity... simply because it's a relatively common mistake... Do your spells have dependencies checked? Suppose it wouldn't explain why it works when you have enemies around but hell... Just as well... From the looks of your triggers it doesn't look like it, but is your loop in your unit group selection? I just figured I would ask :p. Other than that it looks fine to me...

Leazy

Reaction score
Out of curiousity... simply because it's a relatively common mistake... Do your spells have dependencies checked? Suppose it wouldn't explain why it works when you have enemies around but hell... Just as well... From the looks of your triggers it doesn't look like it, but is your loop in your unit group selection? I just figured I would ask :p. Other than that it looks fine to me...

I dunno what that means XD

dragonhord

Knowledge is true opinion. - Plato
Reaction score
Haha my bad... You know how in order to cast Faerie Fire you need to get the Faerie Fire upgrade? Well that is a dependency... You might want to check your entangling roots and your breath to make sure they don't have any... Might want to also check whether or not your Breath of Frost is actually based off of Breath of Frost and not breath of fire... And the last part basically... Is your For Loop Integer under your unit group tab?

Unit - Pick every unit blah blah
For Each integer

or

Unit - Pick every unit blah blah
For Each Integer

Leazy

Reaction score
Flare, could I send the map in PM for you so you can take a look at it?
I also looked at the forst nova in candy wars, did not like it as much as mine though :p

The Frost Nova spell in my map is in the mage directory, titled ''Frost Nova''.

FireBladesX

Eating my wings!
Reaction score
So, you're sure you're not checking the level of the ladder Frost Nova for the triggering unit instead of your custom Frost Nova?

Charapanga

Reaction score
Breath of frost have some casting time no matter if you set it to 0, set expiration timer to 1 possibly 2 seconds and the effect should work

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.