Future President

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zakyath

Reaction score
>What corruption? You mean all the stupidity that the liberal media is throwing around? Most of that's not true or a complete hyperbole. There's corruption in every government, and Obama's not going to fix that... actually he'll probably make it worse by trying to stop it. And technically, since he admitted that he smoked illegal drugs, he's really not even supposed to be eligible to run of office. There's some corruption for you.

Face it, Bush's a fascist. The world had enough of those

Seb!

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
There's no more point in posting for me because whatever I post you disagree with and claim I'm ignorant, and whenever you post I think you're ignorant disagree.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
There's no more point in posting for me because whatever I post you disagree with and claim I'm ignorant, and whenever you post I think you're ignorant disagree.

Its called American Politics. This thread is a microcosm of them. However, if you give up then the other side wins. Its a fact.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score

That's because you're generally wrong and are disagreeing with things already accepted by the majority of the world. And generally you don't even know what you're talking about. The UN posts about Iraq come to my mind....

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
I hate to jump in on the side of someone telling you that you don't know what you are talking about but I can tell you this - and you can quote me on it - the Democrats are not winning this year. We are at war guys - there is way too much at stake for uncertainties. Obama is a young guy though and will have his chance hopefully - if the Elite let him. Not this year though.

Seb!

Reaction score
I wish I could make cash bets with you guys. The american people won't be screwed over by corporate puppets pretending to be "war presidents" anytime time soon, again.

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
The public unfortunately has no say over the matter. You wish they did, I thought they did, but then I dug deeper and found out stuff. Obama is popular with the young people and will do well later if he lives.

See http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=84220&highlight=obama

for more info. Who is his vice president, BTW? If it is Hilary it really does not look good for him. You know Nader just joined the race as well don't you as a third party?

http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=84234&highlight=Nader

Ron Paul is not going third party like Perot did - so take out the Republican Spoiler.

Seb!

Reaction score
He hasn't chosen a VP yet, but I'm pretty sure Edwards would be his first choice - Southern, charismatic, etc. ...

But yeah, I hate Nader very much. Ron Paul going 3rd would have definitely helped out Obama.

I don't get your first link though? How does that prove that the public has no say?

Edit: Oh I see, you were talking about his life span.. lol .. my bad

stubs101

Reaction score
McCain:

The straight talk express? No politician is completely truthful, and to say that anyone is would be ridiculous. The recent controversy investigations actually tie him to a lobbyist. Also, I do not think he is electable because he gives the vibe of "stay the course," and too much of the last eight years (which a large portion of America disliked) is seen in him. The money that has been spent on Iraq could have rebuilt every hospital, school, and piece of infrastructure in America, and to staying in Iraq is the right idea may be disagreed with by the population. To cut taxes on the rich, please his lobbyists, and continue to be in Iraq would create a budget hole that our grandchildren will pay for.

Obama:

No Health Care plan? Do you even know what you're talking about? Other than getting out of Iraq, nothing has been more easily taken from Barack Obama than his semi-universal health care plan. If you honestly do not believe that he will get us out of the joke of a war that is Iraq, then you are sadly misguided. To say that he is also less electable in nature is also incorrect. He is younger, better looking, and more likely to identify with the working class. His message of change will be received very well. Racism is a problem? I think not. Of course, the ignorance of racism is most prevalent in locked up conservative states. These states will not affect him. The only problem I see with his being in office, is the high possibility of his assassination.

http://www.barackobama.com/issues/healthcare/

They tie him to a lobbyist. When was the last time you read a newspaper...
The New York Times posted this story once, and refused to make copies of it. Every other newspaper declined it. Because it's false. The only, "Lobbyist pleasing" He's doing is helping her clients, which in fact, benefits him...

"Stay the Course" is what sensible voters should look for. They aren't looking for some hypocrite who says, "We're getting out of Iraq!" and then in office goes... "I never said that...". You can't promise anything about wars before you're in the White House. You should never promise anything about them. Varine got it right. Intel packets inform them of changes. Even if they found out they could export troops, when they do, the ones that stay to cover their tail will see some real action... and a lot of it.

"The money spent on Iraq can rebuild ... etc" true. However, what's the point of this if terrorists go and bomb everything? There'll be nothing left to repair. Staying in Iraq is brutal, but necessary. To stay there means no destruction here.

Explain to me how he cuts taxes on the rich...

Iraq is not a budget cut... if you take the troops out, then the taxes come in, and what do you do with it. You spend it on sending the troops back, because another terrorist threat is made...

"Other than getting out of Iraq" That's the point. He shouldn't, no... can't make promises about the war. You're protecting a hypocrite right there...

Iraq is not a joke. It's far from it. It's keeping what the world calls the worst thing ever at bay; terrorism...

"He is not less electable because... etc." So you're voting for him because he's young, black, and a hypocrite. If every voter in America is like this I would have killed myself long long ago...

I'm not flaming you, I'm just trying to defend McCaine with some hopefully flawless points. Sorry for poking holes in you post.:eek:

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
Iraq is keeping our economy out of a total failure right now. The Elite will not let our economy fall - while they play games with the Housing Market while all you geniuses are distracted with the war. They get richer and we carry on. People need to step a little back just to get out of their passions and take a look at the big picture. The only way you will figure this stuff out is with a logical mind.

Varine

Reaction score
I'm not flaming you, I'm just trying to defend McCaine with some hopefully flawless points. Sorry for poking holes in you post.:eek:

Just as a heads up, McCain has no E. There will eventually be someone who decides to attack you about that... I spelled Giuliani wrong in an essay once and my professor wrote all over the page about it. Pretty sure he was supporting him....

So how did this get back to arguing almost entirely about Iraq? Does anyone else notice a Michael Moore-like trend coming about with all these political threads?

duyen

Reaction score
This is getting very off-topic. This thread has absolutely no relation to the war in Iraq and what is actually happening there.

This is NOT to discuss politics in general, many of you think it is.

Seb!

Reaction score
I think the war in Iraq affects who the next president will be very much.

TH:

I don't "remember" Kennedy, being 14, but yes I understand that he is kind of like Obama. With the young, change message.

Stubs:

Yes, he wants to cut taxes on the rich.. don't have time to find a link but will someone back me up at that point atleast?

Zakyath

Reaction score
>"The money spent on Iraq can rebuild ... etc" true. However, what's the point of this if terrorists go and bomb everything? There'll be nothing left to repair. Staying in Iraq is brutal, but necessary. To stay there means no destruction here.

That's racism, man. You've been brainwashed and you're being lied to. Don't take me for some kind of communist or something, here in Sweden I'd vote for the right-winged parties, though, in the US it's pure fascism. Why do you think everything has to be solved with violence?

Varine

Reaction score
That's racism, man. You've been brainwashed and you're being lied to. Don't take me for some kind of communist or something, here in Sweden I'd vote for the right-winged parties, though, in the US it's pure fascism. Why do you think everything has to be solved with violence?

How is that racist in any way? Terrorists bomb shit on countries that threaten their way of life (which currently doesn't really include Sweden, as far as I know), and the US needs a president that can take affirmative action against said terrorists. Perhaps Obama has a plan that may work better for the economy (which I really don't think will work), but his foreign policy sucks, and having a great economy will be completely useless if he refuses to take the action needed to defend the nation. In an ideal state, all we would have to worry about is domestic policy. But as we're not in an ideal state of time, the federal government needs a hard foreign policy and, for the time being at least, the local and state governments will have to deal with the domestic issues.

Seb!

Reaction score
^

How can local and state governments handle large-scale things like healthcare, the economy, and other domestic issues?

Varine

Reaction score
^

How can local and state governments handle large-scale things like healthcare, the economy, and other domestic issues?

Romney seemed to take care of it fine in his state, and had relatively good plans do to most of it on state levels. Feds that deal with the interest rates can do their job just fine when the Executive branch isn't focusing on domestic policy. Once again you've proven to be a little ignorant when it comes to the 'fascist's' ideas....

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.