Game interface

artix123

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I realised that everytime I edit something in the game interface (such as changing the tooltip for Heavy Armor or something), it will not show up properly in the game. For example if I change

"Heavy armor takes extra damage from Magic attacks."

to

"Heavy armor takes extra damage from Magic attacks and slightly reduced damage from Normal attacks."

When I launch my Warcraft, it will show this in the game:

"Heavy armor takes extra damage from Magic attacks"

Notice the fullstop is gone, I don't know why, does anyone know why this happens? Thank you very much.

P/S: Also, does the skill Runed Bracers reduce damage from Magic attacks?

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have a feeling that UI tooltips do not allow fullstops or commas, although it may be possible to use them if you escape the character with a \.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just put a \ in front of the character.

E.g: Hello\, my name is UndeadDragon\.

artix123

Reaction score
Just tested, now it shows "Heavy armor takes extra damage from Magic attacks\" lol.

It happens in almost every single map I tried to edit.

edit: tested again, same results ("attacks/")

Kuberr24

Reaction score
In the game interface every armor type has 3 "interface" messages. Make sure you edit all of them (not just the first), and try not to use commas as said above.
Secondly, there is a box somewhere "use custom game interface" at the top left, obviously this needs to be activated.

Also, as a test, why don't you remove all the text and replace it with "test 1 2 3"

As of now, we don't know whether it shows the default value or just omits your added text for some reason.

artix123

Reaction score
Ok, apparently it's the comma's problem, as when I replace it by

"Heavy armor takes extra damage from Magic attacks and slightly reduced damage from Normal, Piercing and Siege attacks."

It will show

"Heavy armor takes extra damage from Magic attacks and slightly reduced damage from Normal"

I guess this shows that the World Editor doesn't like commas - - But why? Is it just a limitation of the World Editor? And the unedited values with commas in them works - -

P/S: Also, does the skill Runed Bracers reduce damage from Magic attacks?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.