Gauntlet Wave Orders

nethara

Reaction score
I'm working on a gauntlet kind of event for a map, but i'm having issues getting the waves to start moving correctly. They spawn correctly, but they then just stand there where they spawn until you get near them, at which point they destroy you because like 20 waves have spawned at that point.

I'm sorry I don't have the actual trigger to show you (on a different computer), but I can give you a rough idea of what i'm doing.

Create Unit
Add Last Created Unit to Group
Repeat for all the units.
Pick every unit in group and do action:
Order Picked Unit to Attack position(x of picked unit, y of center of
region Bottom)

I've been staring at it for a really long time and i'm not seeing anything wrong with it.

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
Try using 2 triggers, one which adds the spawned units to your unit group (it should be in the same trigger as the one where they are spawned), and make the other one run on a repeating timer which orders every unit in the unit group to attack move towards the players unit.

nethara

Reaction score
Well I wanted them to run straight south until they come into range of your units.

I'll try it in another trigger, which would probably help, but I still don't see why the original trigger didn't work out.

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
Post the actual trigger you are using and then I might be able to give you some more feedback.

nethara

Reaction score
I don't have the actual trigger, atm. It's on another computer that I don't have access to right now.

But I tried to write it out in the original post, but I'll write it out again with more detail.

Create the Unit
Add Last Created Unit to Group
Repeat that for each unit i'm spawning.
Pick each unit in Group and do Action:
Order picked unit to attack targeting position(x of picked unit, y
of center of region(bottom))

Note that the spawning works perfectly. The units just don't move after that.

The area this is taking place is just a really lengthy, narrow space.

The "Group" is a local variable, and the region "bottom" is at the bottom of the gauntlet, where the units spawn. I want the units running straight south from where they spawn.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.