Getting AI to work

Tresham

Reaction score
I have a map where I'm attempting to make a computer opponent playing Orcs strictly build only the Fel Orc versions of everything. The Great Hall makes only Fel Orc Peons, and the Fel Orc Peons build Fel Orc Burrows in place of regular Burrows.

Well, I've gone and replaced everything where it should, saying who can build what and do what, but...they don't want to do it. The peons will mine gold and build an Altar of Storms, but that's it. What the heck am I not doing/doing wrong?

PandarenD

Reaction score
Lol, I'm doing exactly the same, I got some problems with the orcs too, The problem that you have is that I think you quit the Trolls from the barracks, if you did that then you should replace them with a unit, couse the AI won't do anything without them, Hope this help :).

War3shade

Reaction score
Lol, I'm doing exactly the same, I got some problems with the orcs too, The problem that you have is that I think you quit the Trolls from the barracks, if you did that then you should replace them with a unit, couse the AI won't do anything without them, Hope this help :).
I don't think the problem come from here.AIs don't work depending in the units they habe but they must be scripted.

Tresham

Reaction score
Hoof, this is a much bigger undertaking than I had expected. Time to dig in.

After reading the tutorial, it says something about constant names for units in the scripts to make them spawn. Where the heck can I find that? The example he uses in the tutorial say "MOON_WELL" for a Moon Well. Is it gonna be the same for everything, then?

War3shade

Reaction score
Hoof, this is a much bigger undertaking than I had expected. Time to dig in.

After reading the tutorial, it says something about constant names for units in the scripts to make them spawn. Where the heck can I find that? The example he uses in the tutorial say "MOON_WELL" for a Moon Well. Is it gonna be the same for everything, then?
Yes :)
But I think you should remplace constants name with rawcode.Open object editor and use Ctrl+B to see rawcodes of buildings/units/abilities etc...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.