Golem Wars HELP

ballzdeep85

Reaction score
i am making a golem wars type map.
1. i am looking to get intouch with the creator.
2 . i am looking to set up triggers.
3. i am totaly new to the mapmaking, i know i need to have tons of triggers.

how do i get my kills to register on a leader board and up on the gold area?
how do i get peons to apear everytime i get 15 kills?
how do i set up a trigger for when i take 3 peon/ golems to a circle of powers to make heros?

I am trying to take the triggers and modify them to make my map.

any help in making this map would be great IN GAME OR ON THE FORUM OR OUT OF THE FORUM is greatly apreciated.

if vig is the real creator of the map and you see this please hit me up.

thankyou,
ballzdeep85

Smilis

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
i am making a golem wars type map.
1. i am looking to get intouch with the creator.
2 . i am looking to set up triggers.
3. i am totaly new to the mapmaking, i know i need to have tons of triggers.

how do i get my kills to register on a leader board and up on the gold area?
how do i get peons to apear everytime i get 15 kills?
how do i set up a trigger for when i take 3 peon/ golems to a circle of powers to make heros?

I am trying to take the triggers and modify them to make my map.

any help in making this map would be great IN GAME OR ON THE FORUM OR OUT OF THE FORUM is greatly apreciated.

if vig is the real creator of the map and you see this please hit me up.

thankyou,
ballzdeep85

Leaderboard: http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/leaderboard.php

And rest of the questions: http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/ - Read! =D

ballzdeep85

Reaction score
how do i get the fog to go away and see whole map at the start and never have the fog come back?

thankyou,
ballzdeep85

Smilis

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
      • Visibility - Create an initially Enabled visibility modifier for (Picked player) emitting Visibility across (Playable map area)

Think that's what you want :)

ballzdeep85

Reaction score
awsome thankyou,

how do i set up a camera zoom?
like in dbz tribute *example= -2500

and how would i get units to spawn from each players main building.

thankyou,
ballzdeep85

Smilis

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
awsome thankyou,

how do i set up a camera zoom?
like in dbz tribute *example= -2500

and how would i get units to spawn from each players main building.

thankyou,
ballzdeep85

I'm not that good with cameras, but there is a category (in World Editor) namned Camera (when you use Action-trigger) if you understood what I ment xD

To get units to spawn from a building you need a trigger... It can look like this:

Trigger:
  • Initialization
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set CreepTempPoint = (Center of Creeps <gen>)

Trigger:
  • Creeps Spawn
    • Events
      • Time - Every 20.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 3 Footman for Player 1 (Red) at CreepTempPoint facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Create 1 Rifleman for Player 1 (Red) at CreepTempPoint facing Default building facing degrees

If you want you can make an effect when they creates... :)

But remember that I'm not that good at checking if it leaks... :p

EDIT:
And how to make them walk: http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/towerdef.php#tdmark10

ballzdeep85

Reaction score
awsome so i got the creeps to spawn automatically when the game starts.

now i am trying to get certain type of unit to spawn at my main building when i go over a circle of power with my unit selector peon.

and i am looking to move my units that have spawned to other player areas and to the center of the map, all at once by having a mass mover peon run over a circle of power that coinsides with the area i want the units to move to.

sorry for all the problems.

thankyou,
ballzdeep85.

Smilis

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
awsome so i got the creeps to spawn automatically when the game starts.

now i am trying to get certain type of unit to spawn at my main building when i go over a circle of power with my unit selector peon.

and i am looking to move my units that have spawned to other player areas and to the center of the map, all at once by having a mass mover peon run over a circle of power that coinsides with the area i want the units to move to.

sorry for all the problems.

thankyou,
ballzdeep85.

I would look at
http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/towerdef.php#tdmark10
and
http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/herochoose.php

and then combinde them into what you are looking for :)

ballzdeep85

Reaction score
thankyou,

i figured it out.

i have 8 player map
you can do 1v1 all the way up to 1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1 all 8 against each other.

how do i get it so everone is not on the same team?

just to let you know i have tried the force setup.

but it only lets you have like 6 forces.

thankyou for any help again,
ballzdeep85

Smilis

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
thankyou,

i figured it out.

i have 8 player map
you can do 1v1 all the way up to 1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1 all 8 against each other.

how do i get it so everone is not on the same team?

just to let you know i have tried the force setup.

but it only lets you have like 6 forces.

thankyou for any help again,
ballzdeep85

If you put all players inside Force one and uncheck the box "allied" you will get all of them to be enemies to each other :)

Otherwise you can do a trigger where you use this code:
Trigger:
  • Player - Make Player 1 (Red) treat Player 2 (Blue) as an Enemy

ballzdeep85

Reaction score
this is what it says when i make the game online after i attempt to start the game.

enemy.jpg

thankyou,
ballzdeep85

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You need to use Variables for this one. A variable stores data. To make variables, go to the trigger editor and press Control B, or select the yellow X. Then use the dialog that opens to create a real variable named RealVar. Then, create these triggers.

Trigger:
  • Variable
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • ((Killing unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Set RealVar = (RealVar + 1.00)

Trigger:
  • Real
    • Events
      • Game - RealVar becomes Equal to 100.00
    • Conditions
    • Actions

ballzdeep85

Reaction score
so what i am trying to code is if i the player gets 15 30 45 60 75 etc... kills, that i spawn a peasant. i dont need it to be just a hero getting the kill, my base or units can get the kills too.

and it dosnt have to be a specific unit that dies all it has to be is that i get kills from killing any enemy units.

any idea now with that info i gave you.

how do i make a zoom attribut to my map such as -zoom 200 and it zooms out?

thankyou,
ballzdeep85.

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just try modifying those triggers, it really shouldn't be that hard, and it will help you to get used to it in the long run rather than asking quick questions like these.

(Hint: You can change Equal To to Not Equal To.)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.