Grass Pack! (Finally here, eh?)

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
If you're tired of tinting the river rushes model and using the simple shrubbery model (I am), check out this pack of assorted grass models. They use the same skin and basic model, but some of them are bigger (I will label it with a number with a greater number meaning it's a bigger patch of grass).

GrassSample.jpg

(Sample of it in action)

The path for the images is "GrassWC3.blp"...just import the image alongside the mdxs and take away the war3imported in front of it. Then just reboot the World Editor and you can assign the models to a doodad and start terraining.

Attachments

• GrassPack.zip
    63.7 KB · Views: 103

mixmax2

RedArmyGangsta
Reaction score
doesnt the WE have grass blades as a Secret Extra model? but gj and these will be useful.

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
What do you mean? My point is they don't have enough models with unique enough characteristics.

Demonfaze

8 yrs. Hell, it's been a long time.
Reaction score
He is talking about the hidden grass models, not bush or shrubs or river rush.

Great job Rinpun I'll use these as soon as I get an idea for a map :cool:
keep up the good work =D

will give u rep once it stops saying "you must spread more rep...blahblah"

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Haha, thanks Demonfaze. Yea, I realized what he was talking about so I opened up the WE (something I haven't done in a LONG time except for testing my grass) and refreshed my memory of the four grass tufts that are located in the extras section. Not only are the grass tufts ridiculously light colored, but you have to grit your teeth and place the grass tufts carefully in patches. I understand his point, so I'll address it here:

I expect to add more stuff to this grass pack if I find serious reason to. At the moment, the main things I have located are two patches of grass, one huge (grass3), and one medium...that is about one/fifth of the patch of grass3 (named grass2). The last is a grass tuft of sorts which works if you need to touch up something up, like a log or a tree. Of course, if you want some nice grass tufts, you can use the WE ones and tint them darker. the only really important thing about my grass objects is that they're in patches and quite easy to place. You could use a trigger to place them as special effects if you wanted to do some growth trigger and you wouldn't have to place several hundred tufts of grass to create the effect.

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
By the way, I'll be adding a few trees to this pack soon and making it more of an environment pack. Just letting you know in case you wonder why the file will have changed.

Demonfaze

Reaction score
trees = sweet

but is there any chance you'll make a building pack?
all i really need is a roof =(

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Roofs for roofing in doodads? I could trying making some buildings for environment sake. I will take that into account later :)

Just wondering, any one have any suggestions for what kinds of trees to make? I only have one tree for forests at the moment.

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Hrm....

It wasn't laggy for me. What are the specs of your machine?

S

Slaughter

If you can make a good-looking deciduous tree, that alone will be a huge contribution. Everything in war3 is either a conifer (sp?) a palm tree or a big mushroom.

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
That's good to know Slaughter, I made a pretty bad looking palm tree when I attempted to make one, so I might just let you guys stick with using the Warcraft ones, they aren't that bad :D

I did, however, make a good "bunchy" tree at the moment. I have an alright pine tree, but I'd like to attempt to make it better. I think my textures are too light colored for a pine tree.

----

Weird....

That is bizarre. Your specs are only slightly worse than mine, and on my system it doesn't lag. Hrm...have you tested it in-game? The only thing that could possibly explain it is the polygon budget. I may have accidentally used too many polygons per tuft, but it's not bothering my editor, so I dunno.

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Weird. I placed a grassyfield (takes only 20 patches or so) in like several minutes. Most of the time was spent rearranging the field to look the best. No lag.

Well if it doesn't work, trying using Grass2. You'll have to place 5 of them at a time to be the size of Grass3, but you shouldn't have any lag. You'll also be able to place them more efficiently (if you spend your time) so that it looks better.

On a random note, I might add swaying animations to grass. If you want a blowed field or a field that responds to the soldiers running through it you could make a trigger that makes the field blow in the direction you want.

---Edit---

Interesting. Well, it's good it doesn't lag any more, eh? :)

UnknowVector

I come from the net ... My format, Vector.
Reaction score
Can you make a tree with an owl that flys out of the tree and flys around? No real reason... but it would be uber cool.

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Ooh, like in Super Mario 64 (best...game...ever. That game brings back memories)? Hrm... :D

Well you'd have to do two separate things. You could use my upcoming tree model (Ryoko might host it) and then a trigger that makes an owl model fly out of the tree and fly around.

Demonfaze

Reaction score
Just wondering, are you going to post your tree model in this pack some time?

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Well I'm waiting on SD_Ryoko to decide if he's going to put up a page of TH models, will contain a lot of my models and some of his.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New recipe is another summer dessert Berry and Peach Cheesecake - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-berry-and-peach-cheesecake.194169/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.