Sci/Tech Half man, half chimp - should we beware the apeman's coming?

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
A LEADING scientist has warned a new species of "humanzee," created from breeding apes with humans, could become a reality unless the government acts to stop scientists experimenting.

In an interview with The Scotsman, Dr Calum MacKellar, director of research at the Scottish Council on Human Bioethics, warned the controversial draft Human Fertilisation and Embryology Bill did not prevent human sperm being inseminated into animals.

He said if a female chimpanzee was inseminated with human sperm the two species would be closely enough related that a hybrid could be born.

He said scientists could possibly try to develop the new species to fill the demand for organ donors.

Last edited:

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
I'm not one for a hybrid Ape-Man creature.
If they're stronger then us and they figure out how to use guns, were screwed.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Then...

Oh no! Earth is about to become the Planet of the Apes!

1. Does that mean that animals on cartoons can be for real?
2. If that is allowed, would Sonic the hedgehog came from a human-hedgehog hybrid, and born as the world's fastest animal on the planet?
3. Would even Foxy become the sexiest human-fox hybrid female?
4. Oh my god, so many wild possibilities...:eek:

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, it could be a human sub class farmed for body parts. Pretty grisly thought.

eellem1

Life is made of the little things, live it well
Reaction score
I just do not even know what to say..... This is amazing. We love to show our stupidity, Humans are idiots. Anything to get us cloer to the brink.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Try mating with an angry primate, and you'll be on the edge of the brink.

Prometheus

Reaction score
You mean Brawn, right?
As Hybrids, they may have the mental capacity to be just as smart as us.

WolSHaman

knowledgeably ignorant
Reaction score
Oh noez, we'll produce a species of new animal that we can easily control, even if they are smarter then us, which they won't be, because they won't have the full human brain, or stronger, which is questionable, because although chimps are more agile, they aren't stronger per se. Oh and we have the guns, not them, so if they ever do get them out of control we can put a quick stop to it.

Reaction score
Oh no, we can't beat them in hand to hand combat! If only their was some sort of way that we could shoot them from long range! Whatever will we do?

I'm not saying that we couldn't, just that chimps are very strong compared to humans.

Personally I don't think we will get as far as a single hybrid - scientists are not that unscrupulous.

Prometheus

Reaction score
Chimps can't float well, we can just swim out into a lake and were fine.

Lobster

Old Fogey ofthe site
Reaction score
foolish normal humans, we humanzees are already in control of you all. BUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
we were created by magical bunnymen

EatShrooms

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Good luck with marine hybrids. I wonder how people will feel about animals if this comes out anytime soon.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.