Healing both targets with the same trigger?

excis

Reaction score
Hi, I've encountered a problem with a spell i'm making. I'm trying to make the spell Riptide from WoW http://www.wowhead.com/spell=61299 and i'm using these triggers,
Trigger:
  • Riptide Heal
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Riptide [1]
    • Actions
      • Set TempUnit = (Target unit of ability being cast)
      • Set TempUnit1 = (Casting unit)
      • Trigger - Turn on Riptide Hot Heal 2 <gen>
      • Unit - Create 1 Riptide Dummy 1 for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at (Position of (Casting unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Add a 5.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Neutral Alchemist - Acid Bomb (Target unit of ability being cast)
      • Unit - Set life of (Target unit of ability being cast) to ((Life of (Target unit of ability being cast)) + ((Real((Intelligence of (Casting unit) (Include bonuses)))) x (2.50 / 3.00)))
      • Wait 15.00 seconds
      • Trigger - Turn off Riptide Hot Heal 2 <gen>

Trigger:
  • Riptide Hot Heal 2
    • Events
      • Time - Every 3.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Set life of TempUnit to ((Life of TempUnit) + ((Real((Intelligence of TempUnit1 (Include bonuses)))) x (2.00 / 4.00)))

The spell works fine if I cast it on one unit at the time but if i cast it again while one unit has the Riptide buff the first unit wont get healed :( Does anyone know how to fix so i can cast the spell first at one target so he gets the buff and gets healed every 3 sec and then cast it again on another target while the first target has the buff and both get healed?

Would be really greatful if someone knows what to do =D

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ah, you have encountered the problem of making spells MUI. MUI means Multi-unit instability, and that means that an infinitive amount of units can use the spell or be under the effects of the spell and it will not glitch and variables will not be overwritten. The wonderful answer to making spells MUI is with hashtables, which get unique integers from handles, including units.

I do not have time right now to teach you to make spells MUI, however, there is a tutorial here that you can read.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.