Hello. One tiny question.

MeTr01DPr1M3

Reaction score
First of all I'd like to wish to everybody happy holidays and generally have a nice summer.

As my question is concerned, I'd like if someone could tell me (or better yet show me) how to make DISBTN icons on Adobe Photoshop. If it's possible and not too much trouble.

Thanks in advance.

M

MaEt-ReLLiK

Just black out the borders ( I usually have my border in a seperate layer ), then set the brightness to -50 or so.

MeTr01DPr1M3

Reaction score
Just black out the borders ( I usually have my border in a seperate layer ), then set the brightness to -50 or so.

My dearest friend :nuts:, the thing is that I know what needs to be done. The "HOW" is what troubles me. So if you are kind enough tell me how.

Thanks in advance.

M

MaEt-ReLLiK

Sorry, but I don't think I can help you there.
I don't use Photoshop as my image editing, but the best I could do is tell you how I would do it.
First, obviously you have to have your icon ready.
Second, black out the border with the paint brush and try not to alter the original image. This should be pretty self explanatory.
Next, theres a tab at the top ( for me ) labeled Adjustments. Click that, then click Hue and Saturation. A window with three bars should appear; Hue, Saturation, and Lightness. Just set lightness to around -50 and you're done with your DISBTN.

FireBladesX

Eating my wings!
Reaction score
Personally, I just make a huuuuge black brush, and set transparency to 5%, and keep stacking it until I think it looks good.

MeTr01DPr1M3

Reaction score
Well, I have tried to black out the border around the icon and not to affect in any way the image itself. As well as to darken it a little bit. The thing is that when I import it, I use something like this:

ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\DISBTNMjolnir.blp/tga

But, even if I do it over and over again it still ain't good. Maybe something to do with alpha channels? I saw something similar at a tutorial made by a member (+rep to him) but didn't quite understand how you save the alpha channels with .blp or .tga files. Something like that. Please, if someone could help me with Adobe Photoshop, so I can make the border of any icon disappear quick and easy and set the transparency. That'd be really helpful.

Thanks in advance guys.

FireBladesX

Eating my wings!
Reaction score
I was under the impression that the entire DISBTN was more greyed out than the original, and that a PASBTN would instead have only the edges darkened.

M

MaEt-ReLLiK

ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\DISBTNMjolnir.blp
This is the correct path, by the way.

Advena

Just casually observing atm ;)
Reaction score
I have this wonderful photoshop "tool", made by some kind soul with to much time on his hands :p
It's called "IconBorderPack" and can hopefully be found on the net somewhere ready for download. Sadly, I don't have it on the computer I'm on tonight since I'm not at home.

But look it up, you'll love it :thup:

It's got every icontype frames and/or versions/styles and whatnot in diffrent photoshop-layers. That's how I do DISbuttons every time, with perfect result.

And as MaEt-ReLLiK said, make sure you get path right too ;)

Artificial

Without Intelligence
Reaction score
That Icon Border Pack seems to be made by Blizzard itself, so it should give very good results. :p Can be found here (or you can download it from this link).

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I got this from WC3IR by BlackDoom (A tool for wc3)

DISBTNLayers.png

It's a PNG image. The middle is semi-transparent.
Save it to your computer, and place it over your BTN Icon :)

MeTr01DPr1M3

Reaction score
Thanks guys for helping out. I'll try out that Icon Border Pack.

And sorry, I basically forgot to place "Disabled" on the above path. :p

Now if you are kind enough, I was wondering if you guys have any ideas for items. If you do, please post them here. It's the same, doesn't have to fill in the site with posts. So, please do post your ideas here. :D

All of those with GOOD ideas will get credits.

And again thanks in advance.

Happy Holidays.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.