Please teach me

Thank You Very Much.

Jrba

Reaction score
I am trying to make a spell that passively give bonus damage and attack speed
and upon hit it slows the enemy by certain percentage

Please teach me

Thank You Very Much.

lol,and what wold that kind of ability be for? just give players a frost orb and a ability based on hero ability "Endurance Aura" if you'd like some basic help of making triggered spells email me at

[email protected]:thup:

Naga'sShadow

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Sure I've got free time, there are tutorials out there but we can work with this. You want to make a passive skill with bonus attack damage, attack speed and slow. That's three effects and no normal skill has that many effects so we need to make a custom skill. First create a skill based of critical strike and change all the data values to 0. This is just a dummy, to display tooltips and such. If this skill is for a hero make this dummy skill have the appropriate levels.

Next create a new ability based off the item ability spellbook. Change it from an item ability to a unit ability, unchecked item. The spellbook is going to contain all the passive abilities that we need. After that create a new ability based on the attack speed item ability, gloves of haste. This also should be changed to a unit ability. Set the levels and values that way you want them.

Then create yet another ability based off Orb of Ice, you could use orb of slow but that would just make even more work. Alter the orb ability to be for a unit and give the proper slow and bonus damage. Orb of slow would let you change the buff but you'd have to create a custom slow spell for the orb. You may want to not enable attack type two with this orb, unless you want them to hit air by having this skill.

One last thing to do in the object editor, place your orb skill and your attack speed skill in the custom spellbook from earlier. Be sure to give the dummy skill to your unit.

Now you have to trigger the remaining parts. Before we begin, is this a unit or hero ability? If its for a unit you can just give the unit the spellbook and then at map Initialization disable the spellbook for all players. The command is under player. If this is a hero skill you need to do the following.

Events: A Hero learns an ability
Conditions: Ability being learned is equal to your dummy skill
Actions:
If Level of your dummy skill is equal to 1 then
Add your spellbook to the learning unit
Player- Disable your spellbook for owner of learning unit.

Disabling a spellbook removes the icon from your unit but you keep any abilities the spellbook had. So your effected by passive's like those you put in the spellbook. There is a whole tutorial about this is in the tutorials section, with pictures and everything. I suggest you look there for more help. Good luck with your spell.

DominusAstra

Reaction score
Thank you very much!!!
And I will checked the tutorial section but couldn't find it...
But this helps
Thanks again!

The spell will be a hero spell and I'm working on a small project for fun

wc3shady

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
What I was thinking was to base the ability off of Poison Sting to calculate the slow amount, and for damage and attack speed add item bonuses to the player via triggers (Say, if you add the ability "Item - Attack Bonus +8" it wont actually add the ability, but next to your damage it will say "+8" in green).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.