Help with A hard spell

Ultramen

Cool Member
Reaction score
How can i make a spell that looks like a pentagon? The models are just many combined life/mana drains.:confused:

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
Create units with that model at X point around the Caster unit.

Genyuumaru

Reaction score
Create 5 dummy units and create lighting effects between them.

^To the above post - wtf? That won't work...

Ultramen

Cool Member
Reaction score

First of all, what are the points to create dummys.
Second, umm.. yeah! I could use a little Lightning effects but same: where do i create the lightning effects?
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hyNvZTNTrc&feature=related][/YOUTUBE]

Sil3nt

SUP?
Reaction score
Well you will need to have different angles for each one. Experiment. Or google up the angle of a pentagon from the centerpoint. Or maybe draw up a pentagon and use a protractor.

The lighting effects, basically just have each dummy cast a life drain on next dummy clockwise. Give them 99999 hp and the life drain 0 drain.

Genyuumaru

Reaction score
Points - that's for you to find out by trying many times. I ment positioning them in form of a pentagon around the caster.

Lightning effects - Use triggers.

Code:
Lightning - Create Lightning Effect

:thup:

Genyuumaru

Reaction score
Hmmm... Using triggers doesn't require units at all. Only points.

Edit: Angles = 360 : 5 = 72
A point every 72' 100-500 units away from the caster (or how many you want).

Ultramen

Cool Member
Reaction score
Points - that's for you to find out by trying many times. I ment positioning them in form of a pentagon around the caster.

Lightning effects - Use triggers.

Code:
Lightning - Create Lightning Effect

:thup:

PWNT, i cant understand a s**t. where do i create those lightning effects?

Ultramen

Cool Member
Reaction score

Code:
Pentagon
Events
  Unit - A Unit Begins Casting an a Ability
Conditions
  Ability being cast Equal to Pentagon
Actions
  Now what i have to do?

Sil3nt

SUP?
Reaction score
Stop double posting. The edit button is your friend.

And now you have to create the units thats what, you need to figure out the angles to the corners of a pentagon from the center (I don't know that, google) and the offset would be how far you want it to be away.

Genyuumaru

Reaction score
You know how to trigger? Because using the unit metod requires triggering (and hard).

Use a Trigger:
Code:
Events
  Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
Conditions
  Ability beeing cast equal to "Your Pentagon Ability"
Actions
  set Point = Unit Position of Triggering Unit
  set Point1 = (Point) offset by 200 towards 270 degrees (That's up)
  set Point2 = (Point) offset by 200 towards 342 degrees
  set Point3 = (Point) offset by 200 towards 54 degrees
  set Point4 = (Point) offset by 200 towards 126 degrees
  set Point5 = (Point) offset by 200 towards 198 degrees
  custom script: call RemoveLocation (Udg_Point)
  Create a "Any Lightning Effect" (Use Finger of Death for a red one) lightning effect from source Point1 to target Point2
  set Lightning1 = Last Created Lightning Effect
  Create a "Any Lightning Effect" (Use Finger of Death for a red one) lightning effect from source Point2 to target Point3
  set Lightning2 = Last Created Lightning Effect
  Create a "Any Lightning Effect" (Use Finger of Death for a red one) lightning effect from source Point3 to target Point4
  set Lightning3 = Last Created Lightning Effect
  Create a "Any Lightning Effect" (Use Finger of Death for a red one) lightning effect from source Point4 to target Point5
  set Lightning4 = Last Created Lightning Effect
  Create a "Any Lightning Effect" (Use Finger of Death for a red one) lightning effect from source Point5 to target Point1
  set Lightning5 = Last Created Lightning Effect
  Create a "Any Lightning Effect" (Use Finger of Death for a red one) lightning effect from source Point1 to target Point3
  set Lightning6 = Last Created Lightning Effect
  Create a "Any Lightning Effect" (Use Finger of Death for a red one) lightning effect from source Point1 to target Point4
  set Lightning7 = Last Created Lightning Effect
  Create a "Any Lightning Effect" (Use Finger of Death for a red one) lightning effect from source Point2 to target Point4
  set Lightning8 = Last Created Lightning Effect
  Create a "Any Lightning Effect" (Use Finger of Death for a red one) lightning effect from source Point2 to target Point5
  set Lightning9 = Last Created Lightning Effect
  Create a "Any Lightning Effect" (Use Finger of Death for a red one) lightning effect from source Point3 to target Point5
  set Lightning10 = Last Created Lightning Effect
  Create a "Any Lightning Effect" (Use Finger of Death for a red one) lightning effect from source Point3 to target Point1
  set Lightning11 = Last Created Lightning Effect
  Create a "Any Lightning Effect" (Use Finger of Death for a red one) lightning effect from source Point4 to target Point1
  set Lightning12 = Last Created Lightning Effect
  Create a "Any Lightning Effect" (Use Finger of Death for a red one) lightning effect from source Point4 to target Point2
  set Lightning13 = Last Created Lightning Effect
  Create a "Any Lightning Effect" (Use Finger of Death for a red one) lightning effect from source Point5 to target Point2
  set Lightning14 = Last Created Lightning Effect
  Create a "Any Lightning Effect" (Use Finger of Death for a red one) lightning effect from source Point5 to target Point3
  set Lightning15 = Last Created Lightning Effect
  custom script: call RemoveLocation (Udg_Point1)
  custom script: call RemoveLocation (Udg_Point2)
  custom script: call RemoveLocation (Udg_Point3)
  custom script: call RemoveLocation (Udg_Point4)
  custom script: call RemoveLocation (Udg_Point5)
  Wait "How much do you want" seconds
  Destroy Lightning1
  Destroy Lightning2
  Destroy Lightning3
  Destroy Lightning4
  Destroy Lightning5
  Destroy Lightning6
  Destroy Lightning7
  Destroy Lightning8
  Destroy Lightning9
  Destroy Lightning10
  Destroy Lightning11
  Destroy Lightning12
  Destroy Lightning13
  Destroy Lightning14
  Destroy Lightning15

To make the spell MPI (for several players to be able to use it) use arrays.
A nice trigger without memory leaks ^^

Ultramen

Cool Member
Reaction score

You know how to trigger? Because using the unit metod requires triggering (and hard).

Use a Trigger:
Code:
Events
Conditions
  Ability beeing cast equal to "Your Pentagon Ability"
Actions
  set Point = Unit Position of Triggering Unit
  set Point1 = (Point) offset by 200 towards 270 degrees (That's up)
  set Point2 = (Point) offset by 200 towards 342 degrees
  set Point3 = (Point) offset by 200 towards 54 degrees
  set Point4 = (Point) offset by 200 towards 126 degrees
  set Point5 = (Point) offset by 200 towards 198 degrees
  custom script: call RemoveLocation (Udg_Point)
  Create a "Any Lightning Effect" (Use Finger of Death for a red one) lightning effect from source Point1 to target Point2
  set Lightning1 = Last Created Lightning Effect
  Create a "Any Lightning Effect" (Use Finger of Death for a red one) lightning effect from source Point2 to target Point3
  set Lightning2 = Last Created Lightning Effect
  Create a "Any Lightning Effect" (Use Finger of Death for a red one) lightning effect from source Point3 to target Point4
  set Lightning3 = Last Created Lightning Effect
  Create a "Any Lightning Effect" (Use Finger of Death for a red one) lightning effect from source Point4 to target Point5
  set Lightning4 = Last Created Lightning Effect
  Create a "Any Lightning Effect" (Use Finger of Death for a red one) lightning effect from source Point5 to target Point1
  set Lightning5 = Last Created Lightning Effect
  Create a "Any Lightning Effect" (Use Finger of Death for a red one) lightning effect from source Point1 to target Point3
  set Lightning6 = Last Created Lightning Effect
  Create a "Any Lightning Effect" (Use Finger of Death for a red one) lightning effect from source Point1 to target Point4
  set Lightning7 = Last Created Lightning Effect
  Create a "Any Lightning Effect" (Use Finger of Death for a red one) lightning effect from source Point2 to target Point4
  set Lightning8 = Last Created Lightning Effect
  Create a "Any Lightning Effect" (Use Finger of Death for a red one) lightning effect from source Point2 to target Point5
  set Lightning9 = Last Created Lightning Effect
  Create a "Any Lightning Effect" (Use Finger of Death for a red one) lightning effect from source Point3 to target Point5
  set Lightning10 = Last Created Lightning Effect
  Create a "Any Lightning Effect" (Use Finger of Death for a red one) lightning effect from source Point3 to target Point1
  set Lightning11 = Last Created Lightning Effect
  Create a "Any Lightning Effect" (Use Finger of Death for a red one) lightning effect from source Point4 to target Point1
  set Lightning12 = Last Created Lightning Effect
  Create a "Any Lightning Effect" (Use Finger of Death for a red one) lightning effect from source Point4 to target Point2
  set Lightning13 = Last Created Lightning Effect
  Create a "Any Lightning Effect" (Use Finger of Death for a red one) lightning effect from source Point5 to target Point2
  set Lightning14 = Last Created Lightning Effect
  Create a "Any Lightning Effect" (Use Finger of Death for a red one) lightning effect from source Point5 to target Point3
  set Lightning15 = Last Created Lightning Effect
  custom script: call RemoveLocation (Udg_Point1)
  custom script: call RemoveLocation (Udg_Point2)
  custom script: call RemoveLocation (Udg_Point3)
  custom script: call RemoveLocation (Udg_Point4)
  custom script: call RemoveLocation (Udg_Point5)
  Wait "How much do you want" seconds
  Destroy Lightning1
  Destroy Lightning2
  Destroy Lightning3
  Destroy Lightning4
  Destroy Lightning5
  Destroy Lightning6
  Destroy Lightning7
  Destroy Lightning8
  Destroy Lightning9
  Destroy Lightning10
  Destroy Lightning11
  Destroy Lightning12
  Destroy Lightning13
  Destroy Lightning14
  Destroy Lightning15

To make the spell MPI (for several players to be able to use it) use arrays.
A nice trigger without memory leaks ^^

Is that it?

Genyuumaru

Reaction score
Well, it creates a pentagon out of Lightnings (Even red ones) and holds them for "How much do you want" seconds then they disappear.

Other than that I don't know what your spell does -_-, but y, for the pentagon effect - that's it.

Ultramen

Cool Member
Reaction score
My Spell damages everyone in the pentagon.
Level 1 - Duration is 3 seconds 15 damage per second
Level 2 - Duration is 3 seconds 30 damage per second
Level 3 - Duration is 3 seconds 45 damage per second
AOE: 210

Genyuumaru

Reaction score
The area of effect should be 210-220, since I used 200 at the beggining of the trigger (you can set the 5 numbers to any number you like to make it bigger/smaller).

Trithilon-V2

Reaction score
Well i am late...but here goes...an even easier version.
This moves the pentagon where ever the caster moves.....whats more its leakless.
Play around with the angles and the points to get different results.....
Just be sure if you increase the sides....increase the array size of the Lightning Variable.

Code:
Pentagon
    Events
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Create Polygon
    Actions
        Set Sides = 5
        Set Size = 500.00
        Set Pentagon_caster = (Triggering unit)
        For each (Integer A) from 1 to Sides, do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Lightning - Destroy PentagonLight[(Integer A)]
            Loop - Actions
                Set pos1 = (Position of Pentagon_caster)
                Set pos2 = (pos1 offset by Size towards ((360.00/(Interger(Sides))) x (Real((Integer A)) + (Facing of Pentagon_caster)) degrees))
                Set pos3 = (pos1 offset by Size towards ((360.00/(Interger(Sides)) x (Real(((Integer A) + 1))+ (Facing of Pentagon_caster)) degrees))
                Lightning - Create a Drain Life lightning effect from source pos2 to target pos3
                Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_pos1)
                Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_pos2)
                Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_pos3)
                Set PentagonLight[(Integer A)] = (Last created lightning effect)
        Countdown Timer - Start Pentagon_Timer as a One-shot timer that will expire in 10.00 seconds
        Trigger - Turn on Pentagon Move <gen>
        Trigger - Turn on Pentagon Expires <gen>
        Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)

Code:
Pentagon Move
    Events
        Time - Every 0.04 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
            Loop - Actions
                Set pos1 = (Position of Pentagon_caster)
                Set pos2 = (pos1 offset by Size towards ((360.00/(Interger(Sides)) x (Real((Integer A))+ (Facing of Pentagon_caster)) degrees))
                Set pos3 = (pos1 offset by Size towards ((360.00/(Interger(Sides)) x (Real(((Integer A) + 1))+ (Facing of Pentagon_caster)) degrees))
                Lightning - Move PentagonLight[(Integer A)] to source pos2 and target pos3
                Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_pos1)
                Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_pos2)
                Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_pos3)

Code:
Pentagon Expires
    Events
        Time - Pentagon_Timer expires
    Conditions
    Actions
        Trigger - Turn off Pentagon Move <gen>
        Set Pentagon_caster = No unit
        Set Sides = 0
        Set Size = 0.00
            Loop - Actions
                Lightning - Destroy PentagonLight[(Integer A)]
        Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
        Trigger - Turn on Pentagon <gen>

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New recipe is another summer dessert Berry and Peach Cheesecake - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-berry-and-peach-cheesecake.194169/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.