Help with a Skill

FootysMaXeD

Reaction score
Hey guys, i'm trying to make a skill for a hero. I just want it to grant regeneration (% Regen of Max Health) and bonus armor. I've been experimenting with this for a while now and I can't seem to get it right.

I tried to do it by using an armor skill like Spiked Carapace, and then attempting to trigger % Regen of max health. I couldn't figure out how to trigger the regeneration though.

Any help appreciated! Thanks

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
I would use the aura Undead has called Unholy something, and put that and spiked carrapace into a spellbook, disable it, and put a dummy skill for vanity.

bOb666777

Stand against the ugly world domination face!
Reaction score
Hmmmmm, why not use devotion aura with 0 range? Then periodically heal all units matching Matching Unit has buff (Your Modified Devotion aura buff)

FootysMaXeD

Reaction score
How do I make a spellbook??

I can use Spiked Carapace and give it some kind of custom buff, but how do I trigger a periodic heal? I want it to heal the hero as a % of it's maximum health.

Thanks

Sajberhippie

Reaction score
How do I make a spellbook??

I can use Spiked Carapace and give it some kind of custom buff, but how do I trigger a periodic heal? I want it to heal the hero as a % of it's maximum health.

Thanks

"Spellbook" is an item ability that can be used for many things. You put unit skills (NOT hero skills) in it and the unit can access any of these. Also, you can put passive skills in it, and even disable the spellbook keeping the bonuses. They become invisible as icons, though buffs and arts will still show up.
Simply copy the spellbook ability in the ability editor, change the spells it has to what you want, and add it to a unit. Then use a trigger upon map initialization:
"Player - Disable (YOUR SPELLBOOK SKILL) for (YOUR PLAYER)".

kingkingyyk3

Visitor (Welcome to the Jungle, Baby!)
Reaction score
Use triggers with execution of every 1 seconds to make regen. The armor, you can use items 1.

Angel_Island

Much long, many time, wow
Reaction score
You can also make it like this:
Trigger:
  • Regeneration
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.10 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • ((Picked unit) has buff Buff) Equal to True
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Set life of (Picked unit) to ((Life of (Picked unit)) + ((Max life of (Picked unit)) / 1000.00))
            • Else - Actions

FootysMaXeD

Reaction score
Hm...That's pretty kool!

Why does spellbook not allow Hero abilities though? I just have to change my spiked carapace and my unholy aura to unit spells then I assume.

I'd rather do the spellbook way because I might also be doing another spell (A custom construction skill on a hero that levels up), and the spellbook might be a good way to do that one too.

O, I tried the spellbook and I can't figure out how to make multiple levels work with it. Say I have 3 levels of each: Spiked Carapace and Unholy Aura. I made the spellbook and it contains both the Spiked Carapace and the Unholy Aura I want. How do i get it to increase the level of my Spiked Carapace and Unholy Aura when I use a Skill Point in the Spellbook ability.

kingkingyyk3

Visitor (Welcome to the Jungle, Baby!)
Reaction score
You can also make it like this:
Trigger:
  • Regeneration
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.10 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • ((Picked unit) has buff Buff) Equal to True
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Set life of (Picked unit) to ((Life of (Picked unit)) + ((Max life of (Picked unit)) / 1000.00))
            • Else - Actions

Every 0.10 seconds loop is bad for performance. The optimum value is 0.35.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.