Help with abilities creation.

Pharaoh_

The epic journey will soon begin... Prepare!
Reaction score
a) Heal or damage nukes are overused in DotA; don't expect nice critics on that. Check Shadow Word, check Abaddon's Death coil and find out why it should be used. Anyway, for this spell, this is the trigger:

Base it off Death Coil to provide the heal or damage effect. Now the trigger:

Trigger:
  • Trigger Decide
    • Events
      • A unit starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • Ability being cast Equal to Decide
    • Actions
      • Set Target1 = (Target unit of ability being cast)
      • Set Point1 = (Position of (Target1))
      • If/ Then/ Else
        • If (Conditions)
          • ((Target1) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Casting unit))) Equal to True
        • Then (Actions)
          • Unit - Create 1 dummycaster at Point1 for (Owner of (Casting unit)) facing default building degrees
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Mountain King - Storm Bolt (Target1)
          • Unit - Add a 2.00 second expiration timer to (Last created unit)
        • Else (Actions)
          • (Do Nothing)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Point1)

The second one can be based off Inferno or Summon Fulborg Item or any summon skill that has the option Data - Number of Summons.

The third one: Unoriginal as hell, sorry to say. This spell can be based off Unholy Aura.

Ultimate is again based on a default spell, Rain of Fire, which provides the damage. The rest effects are trigger-involved and it goes this way:

Trigger:
  • Trigger Apocalypse
    • Events
      • A unit starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • Ability being cast Equal to Apocalypse
    • Actions
      • Set Caster1 = (Casting unit)
      • Set Point2 = (Position of (Caster1))
      • Unit - Create 1 DummyCaster2 at Point1 for (Owner of (Caster1)) facing default building degrees
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Neutral - Bloodlust (Caster1)
      • Unit - Add a 2.00 second generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Hero - Set Strength of (Caster1) to ((20) * (Strength of (Caster1) / (100))
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Point2)

Notes: A bit unoriginal hero. His total role reminds me of Treant Protector and Pit Lord at the same time with a bit of Warlock. As a result, there are other heroes better than this one, who is a mixture of in-game skills. Combining effects is not the originality part, finding new effects on your own is.

Tarhar

Reaction score
Thanks for the review, which i find it a little harsh :( :p
Anyway, thx for the help...:rolleyes:

Pharaoh_

The epic journey will soon begin... Prepare!
Reaction score
I am sorry, but i have enough of experience on heroes suggestion, i have suggested many of my own and still, having original effects means nothing. You should consider my 'harsh' opinion, because i was selected to join the Forum Crew (which does the final judging for the heroes).

Nexor

Reaction score
death coil won't work, because it will damage living and heal undead units, and ucan't change that, you'll have to trigger it as well

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.