Help with Campaign

Holythorne

Reaction score
I need some help coding for a game.

Here's the jist of the game: Players each choose a single hero from the starting point (a tavern). The heroes then fight their way through hordes of monsters, trying to reach the final level (map). A level (map) will be completed when a hero reaches a certain point or possibly when all monsters are defeated (this depending on the level).

I need to know
1. How to create the win conditions for both types of levels (maps)
2. How to send heroes to the next map with the same amount of experience and items
3. How to create a quest

I know these are pretty simple things, but I can't find any good tutorials on them. Thanks

iMephiles

Reaction score
I know you make quests with triggers, that's all I can help with, sorry, not too good with maps with multiple...maps.

Ryushi

"I will stand, or I will fall. I will not sit."
Reaction score
If this game is meant to be multi-player then you will not be able to use multiple maps and send the players in between them.

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
Nope. You will have to make your map very large, and crafting your terrain correctly, you can simulate multiple maps.

-OverpoweR-

Reaction score
I need some help coding for a game.

Here's the jist of the game: Players each choose a single hero from the starting point (a tavern). The heroes then fight their way through hordes of monsters, trying to reach the final level (map). A level (map) will be completed when a hero reaches a certain point or possibly when all monsters are defeated (this depending on the level).

I need to know
1. How to create the win conditions for both types of levels (maps)
2. How to send heroes to the next map with the same amount of experience and items
3. How to create a quest

I know these are pretty simple things, but I can't find any good tutorials on them. Thanks

1.For win Condition when a hero reaches a certain point, just create a region that you will use as ' your certain point' and do this trigger:

This goes for your first map,so that it also will lead you straight to your 2nd Map

Trigger:
  • Victory
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters A Certain Point <gen>
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Run Save Heroes <gen> (checking conditions)
      • Game - Show custom campaign button 2
      • Game - Set the next level to Map2.w3x
      • Game - Victory Player 1 (Red) (Show dialogs, Skip scores)

2. To load the heroes successfully from Map1 to Map2, use these triggers :

Trigger:
  • Save Heroes (Trigger 1)
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Game Cache - Create a game cache from MapName.w3v
      • Game Cache - Store Paladin 0000 <gen> as Hero of Map1 in (Last created game cache)
      • Game Cache - Save (Last created game cache)

Trigger:
  • Load Heroes (Trigger 2)
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Game Cache - Create a game cache from MapName.w3v
      • Game Cache - Restore Hero of Map1 from (Last created game cache) for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of (Playable map area)) facing (Position of (Triggering unit))

First,on your first map, when you set up the Win Condition/Victory Trigger, as i mentioned above under number 1 Answer, That Trigger, Runs the Save Heroes trigger which creates a game cache and saves your hero, and it shows Victory for Map1,and after clicking Continue,it will lead to Map2.

Now, in the Map2, on map Initialization, do this trigger:

Trigger:
  • Map Initialization
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Run Load Heroes <gen> (checking conditions)

Load Heroes trigger that i mentioned above must be created in Map2,not Map1.

If im being unclear,please feel free to ask more in-depth of what you want to know.

3. This tutorial about quests helped me learn all that i need on how to make a basic quest,Quests Tutorial

PS.

To be able to load Map2 successfully without returning you to the main menu of the game for no reason, you must also import the Map2 into your Campaign, simply go to Campaign Editor ----> Imported Files ---> And Import Your Map2 here.

Hope i helped a bit :)

PPS.

Custom Campaigns are not multiplayerable if you get what i mean, so making a campaign for your idea wont do,since you cant play a custom campaign with 2 players ....

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.