Help with my Campaign!

Cranky

Reaction score
I made this becouse in th other topic no one answered...
So I'm making a campaign (I've never made one) I think i will have a few questions.
First: How can i make a fog of war like in the original campaigns. So at the beginning you can't see the map(terrain)... only after you explorered. And how can i do that, when the quest activated, it whows on the minimap where to go. With a special effect... periodic like in the campaigns. Every 5 second make that effect i don't know the name, but it's like the Alt+G in the game...

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
>fog of war like in the original campaings
you mean black mask? if so, you can activate that under vision under actions under triggers

the alt +g is called a minimap signal, you can trigger it useing a timer to make it shoot off every 5 secs and the action "cinimatic - ping minimap <blah blah>"

Sil3nt

SUP?
Reaction score
>I made this becouse in th other topic no one answered...
Dont think you should do that ..

>How can i make a fog of war like in the original campaigns. So at the beginning you can't see the map(terrain)... only after you explorered.
At the top. Scenario - Map Options and tick the 'Use Terrain Fog' box.

>Every 5 second make that effect i don't know the name, but it's like the Alt+G in the game...
Use a periodic evnt with this acton
Code:
Cinematic - Ping minimap for (All players) at (Center of (Playable map area)) for 1.00 seconds, using a Simple ping of color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%)

Cranky

Reaction score
Thanks the helps for all!!
New questions :)
I have a cinematics and it runs dry. It's about: my heroes enter the village, and warn the leader about the satyr danger. What i want is that, when the cinematic ended, wait 10-15 seconds and send the satysr with attack, move-to a region.
I tried so: I made a trigger for attack:
Time - Elapsed game time is 120.00 seconds
Unit Group - Order (Units in first <gen>) to Attack-Move To (Center of ast2 <gen>) (so units in region to attack move to an other region)
I disabled the Initiality On, and I amde an Action to the end of my cinematic. I tried all of this:
Turn on Attack (the previous trigger)
Add to queue
Run trigger...

Any ideas?

Randor244

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I think it has to do with the Elapsed Time part. Since it propably has been more than 120 seconds when you turn it on it will not run. Change it to

Wait 120 seconds

instead.

I think that's the problem.

EDIT: And add another event too.

Cranky

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me, how do the countdown timers work? I made one start new timer..etc and crate window. In the game it shows the window in the right time, but it doesn't count down...

Cranky

Reaction score
Please someone write an example for a cpuntdown timer... If it's possible than a trigger to, for Victory (event - timer expires)

Randor244

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Take a look at this map's triggers, it it using countdown timers and not so much more, so it should be pretty easy to find the right triggers:

Cranky

Reaction score
Thanks!
New question: It's about the game cache. I'm using a custom hero with custom spells. So if I want to cache the hero, will it save the abilities and soundset etc? Or how does it work?

Randor244

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Please read the rules:

# Multiple Questions

1. Here's the deal. You may ask more than one question in a single thread. But DO NOT ADD MORE QUESTIONS LATER! I.E. no more "User's Question Thread". They are unwieldy and very hard to follow. Start a new thread when you have new questions.

Just a little reminder.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.