Help with my hero (no i dont need ideas :p)

LiL_AH

Reaction score
I am currently trying to add a bouncing attack as a lvl 10 ability for one of the heros. Problem is: I got rid of the requierments etc. My hero can learn it, unclickable obviously, but it just wont work :s.
Help would be nice :D :)
(incase it is important, the hero has about 1500 range on its attack)

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
You have to give the hero the attack type Missile (Bounce), as well as an area of effect that will determine what the range and types of units the attack will hit. Then, you need to specify how many different targets the unit can have. All of this can be done in the Object Editor.

LiL_AH

Reaction score
Is there a possibility that this only works at lvl 10 or is this automatic?
thx anyway, ill test it now!

second problem... Only two hero picks work?! meaning i have about 11 (i think) different heros, but you can only succesfully chose two, all the other ones you walk into their circle of mights, and nothing happends, even though I made every single one the same, and it worked earlier on!

:(

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
> Is there a possibility that this only works at lvl 10 or is this automatic?

You could create an upgrade based off of Upgraded Moon Glaive from the Night Elves and use that. That upgrade increases the number of targets for the unit. So, for the unit, make the number of targets 1, then when you do the upgrade, it will add more targets, effectively "enabling" the ability. Make sure that the unit has the upgrade under Upgrades Used, and that you use a trigger to research the upgrade since you can't do that on the unit itself.

LiL_AH

Reaction score
I give up...

I seemingly fail at this, and therefore will work on something else now...

I know I am asking for a lot, but does anyone have the time/nerve to make a "dummy" map showing how i should do it on an example unit, or just edit my map so that mah glaive thrower does bounce shots ... :/ This is due to the fact that I tried the things Ghan_04 posted (thx again:) ), or at least as far as I understood it and the damn thing wont work -.-.

Attachments

• Hero Defencev0.3.w3x
    87 KB · Views: 166

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
Um.. did you set the:

Code:
'Combat - Attack 1 - Maximum Number of Targets'

LiL_AH

Reaction score
Yes, first I set it too six, and then after reading he said i could set it to one using the upgraded glave thrower...

C

cheerioslayr

>second problem... Only two hero picks work?! meaning i have about 11 (i think) different heros, but you can only succesfully chose two, all the other ones you walk into their circle of mights, and nothing happends, even though I made every single one the same, and it worked earlier on!

Do you use something like:
Code:
Select Hero
    Events
        Unit - A unit enters HeroPlace1 <gen>
    Conditions
        (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Hero1
    Actions
        Unit - Kill (Triggering unit)
        Unit - Create 1 Hero1 for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of (Playable map area)) facing Default building facing (270.0) degrees
for the trigger?

LiL_AH

Reaction score
I made my triggers like this
Code:
Tinkerfort1
    Ereignisse
        Einheit - A unit enters Tinker <gen>
    Bedingungen
        (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Gleich (Random player from Team1)
        (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Gleich Choose Your Hero!
    Aktionen
        Einheit - Kill (Triggering unit)
        Einheit - Create 1 Tinker for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Center of Team1spawn <gen>) facing Vorgabe für Gebäude-Ausrichtung degrees
        Kamera - Pan camera for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) to (Center of Team1spawn <gen>) over 0.00 seconds
and yes i come from switzerland and therefore have the german version :p. I think it could be that it is the random player thing, but im not sure/too lazy to script it like I did in my first map (as cheerioslayr said, 1 event for each hero for each player)

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
I can see a few problems with your trigger, the first is that it is mixed english and german. I doubt you can do anything to fix that, though..

The second problem I see is that you might've copied and pasted your triggers after you did the first one (like one usually does), you might've forgot to change the Region for where a unit enters.

The third problem would be your condition: '(Owner of (Triggering unit)) Gleich (Random player from Team1)', the owner of the unit might not be in the team at all.. Look over your triggers carefully and see if you can find the problem.

LiL_AH

Reaction score
No, sadly thats impossible, I checked over it all and yet you can only choose two heros... If you dont believe me feel free to download from my earlier post ^^
EDIT: Anyway, you saw the trigger for the tinker, and this is one of the many ones that don't work...

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
No, sadly thats impossible, I checked over it all and yet you can only choose two heros... If you dont believe me feel free to download from my earlier post ^^
EDIT: Anyway, you saw the trigger for the tinker, and this is one of the many ones that don't work...

Might it be becouse of the random player?

You can "simply" check that by moving multiple times into the circle of power, if it works after 15 tries it was. It it didn't, hell I've got no idea.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.