help with trigger

Axtyler#1

Reaction score
Ok so im making a map where players have to get a certain amount of lumber to evolve to different units. But im having a problem with the units keeping the items. For example if Evolution 1 gets an Item he loses it if he evovles into Evolution 2. I just want a trigger to allow the unit's items to go on to the next Evolution. I dont know if this will help but here is my trigger for making them evolve.
M 2nd evolution
Events
Player - Player 3 (Teal)'s Current lumber becomes Greater than or equal to 20.00
Conditions
(Unit-type of Murlocshaman[(Player number of (Triggering player))]) Equal to Murloc Shaman
Actions
Unit - Replace Murlocshaman[(Player number of (Triggering player))] with a Murloc Tribeseer using The new unit's default life and mana
Set Murlocseer[(Player number of (Triggering player))] = (Last replaced unit)
Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
Trigger - Turn on M 3rd evolution <gen>
Variables:
Murloc Shaman is a unit-array variable set to 12.

Any help and suggestions welcomed :thup:

emilemil1

Reaction score
You can make one "stash" for each player that belongs to neutral passive. When they evolve, you send all items to the stash, evolve the unit, then send the items back to the last created unit.

You can also drop the items on the ground, but I think that it would make them appear for like 0.25 second on the ground before beeing moved to the last created units inventory, and this is a little big ugly in my opinion.

Axtyler#1

Reaction score
Hmmmm

Can you give me the trigger to do the first one you said. Because i can do the second one but i agree it does look a little sloppy

Extremedesyr

Reaction score
I believe this doesnt work:
when the trigger is allready turned off,

and for the upgrading stuff you could just use an upgrade and as trigger use
Trigger:
  • Actions
    • Player - set player (triggering player) current tech level for (the upgrade u made) to (the value of the upgrade level)

and then just add requirements in the object editor

Axtyler#1

Reaction score
what lol?

I believe this doesnt work:
when the trigger is allready turned off,

and for the upgrading stuff you could just use an upgrade and as trigger use
Trigger:
  • Actions
    • Player - set player (triggering player) current tech level for (the upgrade u made) to (the value of the upgrade level)

and then just add requirements in the object editor

How does that solve my item problem though:confused:

Julian4life

Reaction score
I know this is somewhat obvious and basic, but im just trying to help.

I think when you do this, your replacing the unit which held the lumber. So a simple solution to this could be to just give the new unit that item to hold.
To make it even quicker, make an array for all the units that will evolve and the evolved units.

idk, it might work. ><

Komaqtion

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Maybe try something like this:

Trigger:
  • Keep Items
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red)&#039;s Current lumber becomes Greater than or equal to 20.00
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 6, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Hero - Drop the item from slot (Integer A) of Murlocshaman[(Player number of (Triggering player))]
          • Set Item_Slot[(Integer A)] = (Last dropped item)
      • Unit - Replace Murlocshaman[(Player number of (Triggering player))] with a Murloc Mutant using The new unit&#039;s default life and mana
      • Set Murlocseer[(Player number of (Triggering player))] = (Last replaced unit)
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 6, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Hero - Give Item_Slot[(Integer A)] to Murlocseer[(Player number of (Triggering player))]

Haven't tested though :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • WildTurkey WildTurkey:
    is there a stephen green in the house?
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up WildTurkey?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Looks like Google fixed whatever mistake that made the recipes on the site go crazy and we are no longer trending towards a recipe site lol - I don't care though because it motivated me to spend alot of time on the site improving it and at least now the content people are looking at is not stupid and embarrassing like it was when I first got back into this like 5 years ago.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Plus - I have a pretty bad ass recipe collection now! That section of the site is 10 thousand times better than it was before
  • The Helper The Helper:
    We now have a web designer at my job. A legit talented professional! I am going to get him to redesign the site theme. It is time.
  • Varine Varine:
    I got one more day of community service and then I'm free from this nonsense! I polished a cop car today for a funeral or something I guess
  • Varine Varine:
    They also were digging threw old shit at the sheriff's office and I tried to get them to give me the old electronic stuff, but they said no. They can't give it to people because they might use it to impersonate a cop or break into their network or some shit? idk but it was a shame to see them take a whole bunch of radios and shit to get shredded and landfilled
  • The Helper The Helper:
    whatever at least you are free
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.