help with trigger

Axtyler#1

Reaction score
Ok so im making a map where players have to get a certain amount of lumber to evolve to different units. But im having a problem with the units keeping the items. For example if Evolution 1 gets an Item he loses it if he evovles into Evolution 2. I just want a trigger to allow the unit's items to go on to the next Evolution. I dont know if this will help but here is my trigger for making them evolve.
M 2nd evolution
Events
Player - Player 3 (Teal)'s Current lumber becomes Greater than or equal to 20.00
Conditions
(Unit-type of Murlocshaman[(Player number of (Triggering player))]) Equal to Murloc Shaman
Actions
Unit - Replace Murlocshaman[(Player number of (Triggering player))] with a Murloc Tribeseer using The new unit's default life and mana
Set Murlocseer[(Player number of (Triggering player))] = (Last replaced unit)
Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
Trigger - Turn on M 3rd evolution <gen>
Variables:
Murloc Shaman is a unit-array variable set to 12.

Any help and suggestions welcomed :thup:

emilemil1

Reaction score
You can make one "stash" for each player that belongs to neutral passive. When they evolve, you send all items to the stash, evolve the unit, then send the items back to the last created unit.

You can also drop the items on the ground, but I think that it would make them appear for like 0.25 second on the ground before beeing moved to the last created units inventory, and this is a little big ugly in my opinion.

Axtyler#1

Reaction score
Hmmmm

Can you give me the trigger to do the first one you said. Because i can do the second one but i agree it does look a little sloppy

Extremedesyr

Reaction score
I believe this doesnt work:
when the trigger is allready turned off,

and for the upgrading stuff you could just use an upgrade and as trigger use
Trigger:
  • Actions
    • Player - set player (triggering player) current tech level for (the upgrade u made) to (the value of the upgrade level)

and then just add requirements in the object editor

Axtyler#1

Reaction score
what lol?

I believe this doesnt work:
when the trigger is allready turned off,

and for the upgrading stuff you could just use an upgrade and as trigger use
Trigger:
  • Actions
    • Player - set player (triggering player) current tech level for (the upgrade u made) to (the value of the upgrade level)

and then just add requirements in the object editor

How does that solve my item problem though:confused:

Julian4life

Reaction score
I know this is somewhat obvious and basic, but im just trying to help.

I think when you do this, your replacing the unit which held the lumber. So a simple solution to this could be to just give the new unit that item to hold.
To make it even quicker, make an array for all the units that will evolve and the evolved units.

idk, it might work. ><

Komaqtion

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Maybe try something like this:

Trigger:
  • Keep Items
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red)&#039;s Current lumber becomes Greater than or equal to 20.00
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 6, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Hero - Drop the item from slot (Integer A) of Murlocshaman[(Player number of (Triggering player))]
          • Set Item_Slot[(Integer A)] = (Last dropped item)
      • Unit - Replace Murlocshaman[(Player number of (Triggering player))] with a Murloc Mutant using The new unit&#039;s default life and mana
      • Set Murlocseer[(Player number of (Triggering player))] = (Last replaced unit)
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 6, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Hero - Give Item_Slot[(Integer A)] to Murlocseer[(Player number of (Triggering player))]

Haven't tested though :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.