Hero Ability

BSJikan

Reaction score
Okay, so I made a ability, dur. Who doesn't? Okay well the problem is, it's a healing aura for a hero, everything works BUT the normal button, like what you see at the bottom like when you have Brilliance Aura.

So what's the deal?

Oh and I tried several different images for it, even the Brilliance Aura, and none of them are showing up.

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
The Healing Aura you used does not produce buff status in default. It won't turn up no matter what you put in the Buff field. Use Unholy Aura instead?

BSJikan

Reaction score
I didn't mean the Buff, I meant like in the actions area. Though now you mention it, the Buff one doesn't show up either, but that doesn't bother me.

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
The Healing Aura you used does not produce button icon in default. It won't turn up no matter what you put in the button icon field. Use Unholy Aura instead? :p

-or-

Do you mean Special Effect? You need abilities with buff to be able to enable special effect to be attached on unit. Haven't played around much with Healing Aura, so I'm not too familiar with the ability. Again, use Unholy Aura instead?

Edit:
And make sure you use the correct Special Effect on the correct field. <Target> effect is only for 'Art - Target', while <Caster> effect is only for 'Art - Caster'.

BSJikan

Reaction score
Haha, I guess I'll just go with using Unholy Aura. I hate leaving huge empty spaces though on an ability, just makes me feel dirty :|. Same that I had to do with my Haste type Aura. I used Endurance Aura.

DarkSonicele

Reaction score
Some abilties just don't have a normal image and I don't know if there is a way to show the image. The probably best way to do this is by adding a dummy ability to the unit/hero whenever it learns it. All you will have to do is to make a custom attribute bonus, with 0 stats and the appropriate image and add it to the unit with a trigger like this one:

Code:
Add dummy ability

Event
  A unit learns a skill
Condition
  (Learned hero skill) Equal to (Your skill)
Action
  Unit - Add Custom Attribute Bonus to (Learning Hero)

Or use this, if there is more levels:

Code:
Add more dummy abilities

Event
  A unit learns a skill
Condition
  (Learned hero skill) Equal to (Your skill)
Action
  Unit - Add Custom Attribute Bonus to (Learning Hero)
  Unit - Set level of Custom Attribute Bonus for (Learning Hero) to ((Level of (Healing Aura)) for (Learning Hero))

BSJikan

Reaction score
Thanks for that Dark, I took vypur's suggestion though, and just based it off of Unholy Aura. It actually worked perfectly :|. Guess the easiest path is that which is always hidden.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.