[Hero Ideas] Tubs needs your thinking power ! !

Ommi

Reaction score
Tubs !

The Ultimate Blood Sport

Wondering what the hell Tubs is ? visit this link for the maps information so far:

http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=146336

Now is your chance to contribute to the masterpiece that Tubs will be !

Disclaimer: All heroes or spells I use from other users will be fully credited in the credit log that will be with every map (a credit list in the change log)

I might not use your hero as a whole but change parts of it, this means I could use only 1 spell of a whole hero you posted if I feel it will have good synergy with other spells of another hero

How to post your hero:

please use this template when posting up a hero idea:

Archetype: (this can be tank, nuke or support)
Character module: (which module do you feel fits with your spells)
Hero name: (if you want it to be named something specific, not required)
Main attribute: (is it a str, agi or int hero ?)
Character type/focus: (is the hero a ranged mage focusing on fire spells or a melee berserker focusing on attack speed etc etc)
Hero difficulty: (here you can put easy, medium or hard, you can leave this blank if you don't feel you can rate your hero based on his spells)

Abilities:

Interesting and innovative is the way to go here !!! I want something thats very fun to play, the spells have to be in sync with each other, but still work well on their own, I for example dont want a fire hero that has frost nova and the heros fireball spell stuns snares and deals over 9000 dmg if the target is affected by frost nova but does nothing otherwise :thdown:

Max level will be 22, thats 6 levels of 3 main spells and 4 levels of ultimate

The ability types I generally go for are 2 offensive 1 utility/defensive and then a ultimate with good synergy to the hero, however this is just a rule of thumb and can be changed as you see fit.

Triggered spells are good, although don't go overkill on the complexity, it doesn't need to take a week in jass to make a interesting hero ;)

Explanation: (here you can let us know how you think the hero will be played, how the spells are in sync with each other and any further explanations you feel are needed on the spells)

Example:

Here is one example hero that I have made as a concept of a Nuke mage:

Archetype: Nuke
Character module: Troll witch doctor
Hero name: Sub-Zero
Main attribute: Int
Character type: Ranged frost mage / Snares
Hero difficulty: Medium
Abilities:

Spell_Frost_FrostBlast.png
Frozen Missiles

Enchants the witch doctors attacks with the frozen air around him causing all attacks to deal extra damage and slowing his enemy for 2 seconds

lvl 1 +5 damage 5% slow
lvl 2 +10 damage 10% slow
lvl 3 +15 damage 15% slow
lvl 4 +20 damage 20% slow
lvl 5 +25 damage 25% slow
lvl 6 +30 damage 30% slow

Auto-cast

Mana cost: 8/12/16/24/32/48
no cooldown

Spell_Frost_FrostArmor02.png
Cold air

Every time a enemy strikes the witch doctor he hardens the air around him increasing his armor, this effect stacks 5 times, every time a enemy strikes the which doctor he has a chance to be engulfed in ice stunning him (this effect can only occur every 5 seconds).

lvl 1 +1 armor (stacking to 5) 15% stun chance 1 sec stun 10 sec duration
lvl 2 +2 armor (stacking to 10) 20% stun chance 1.25 sec stun 10 sec duration
lvl 3 +3 armor (stacking to 15) 25% stun chance 1.5 sec stun 15 sec duration
lvl 4 +4 armor (stacking to 20) 30% stun chance 1.75 sec stun 15 sec duration
lvl 5 +5 armor (stacking to 25) 35% stun chance 2 sec stun 20 sec duration
lvl 6 +6 armor (stacking to 30) 40% stun chance 2.25 sec stun 20 sec duration

Mana cost: 40/70/100/140/180/220
Cooldown: 20 seconds

Spell_Frost_Glacier.png
Frost bite

The witch doctor compresses cold air around his enemy, exploding it dealing damage to his target and half that damage to nearby targets, if the target is affected by any of the witch doctors slows this ability deals double damage

lvl 1 - 75 damage
lvl 2 - 125 damage
lvl 3 - 175 damage
lvl 4 - 200 damage
lvl 5 - 250 damage
lvl 6 - 350 damage

Mana cost: 50/75/100/125/150/175
Cooldown: 10 seconds

Spell_Frost_FrostArmor_sm.png
Freezing presence

Passive: When this spell is off cooldown the witch doctor freezes the ground around him as he walks slowing all enemies that touch it by 25% and increasing the speed of the witch doctor by 12%

Active: The witch doctor draws all air around him freezing it blasting all enemies with extreme cold stunning them and freezing the earth all around the witch doctor

lvl 1 stuns enemies for 2.25 sec applies frozen ground X yards in a circle
lvl 2 stuns all enemies for 2.5 sec applies frozen ground X yards in a circle
lvl 3 stuns all enemies for 2.75 sec applies frozen ground X yards in a circle
lvl 4 stuns all enemies for 3 sec applies frozen ground X yards in a circle

mana cost: 225/350/475/550
Cooldown: 1 min

Explanation: The witch doctor is a very good controller with very good harrasing spells, his farming abilities are not very strong but he should make up for it with hero kills, he is definitely a deadly hero teamed up with another nuker as even the hardest tank should never even reach him.

His spells are focused on snares and stuns with a good main nuking ability, his basic physical attack is also infused with magic damage and a slow which makes his ranged attacks one of his main damage sources

I put medium as difficulty as I can see new players having some problems playing this character, he requires good timing and mobility for his spells to be deadly and the correct item build is essential for mid to end game for the witch doctor to be effective.

Disclaimer: all numbers are subject to change with balancing, these are not final numbers by any means, you can also expect me to change your spells numbers as I see fit for balancing, I still have no real comparison on how the heroes mana / hp will be at the start of the map, mid or end game etc

All icons are subject to change and are only suggestions to what fits the spells, I do however like color themed heroes if at all possible but not nessecery

Final words:

I will really appreciate any input in this thread, discussion is highly recommended and constructive criticism is always welcome.

Now get thinking and have a chance at having YOUR hero become a part of Tubs !

IronTrout

Reaction score
Archetype: Support
Character module: Spirit Healer (Tauren)
Hero name: Doris (please change name)
Main attribute: Intelligence
Character type: Close ranged (like 290 range) / Healer
Hero difficulty: Medium / Hard
Abilities:

Spirit Tear
Active
Range: 480

Tears an enemy unit from his physical body over 6 seconds. This effect slows down enemy attacks by 20/25/30/35/40% and deals 30/50/70/90/110 damage per second. (meant to be a relatively weak damage over time).
[Does not stack]
Mana: 75/90/105/120/135
Cooldown: 12/11/10/9/8

Relapse
Active
Range: 480

Deals 120/160/200/240/280 damage directly to the enemy unit, if that unit is affected by Spirit tear, the timer and cooldown is restarted on the target.
Mana: 40/60/80/100/120
Cooldown: 12

Sadistic Drain
Passive
Range: 650

Any damage dealt by the spirit healer / dealt by nearby allies / dealt by all units heals the Spirit healer's allies evenly by 13/14/15/16/17% of damage dealt. If a unit dies within range of the aura, the spirit healer regenerates upto 2/2.5/3/3.5/4% of his total mana instantly.
Mana: **
Cooldown: **

Xenophobia
Active
Ultimate
Range: 650

Any creeps in range of the Spirit healer will have their souls transfered to an enemy creep, effectively swapping alliances. Any enemy heroes will have a shadow copy of themselves created near them. The enemy hero is forced to attack the shadow copy for at least 0.75/1.50/2.25/3.00 seconds which takes 140% damage and deals 80% damage.
Mana: 130/155/180/205
Cooldown: 24/24/24/24

Ommi

Reaction score

Ahh the mighty tauren Doris ! :thup:

I do really like the idea of your hero, the damage over time that resets with his primary nuke is definitely a nice touch.

I really like the ultimate as well, it has very good synergy with the hero and can be used with a very deadly result and the creeps swapping sides is a very interesting touch, it can catch unsuspecting enemy heroes hiding behind their forces off guard and with the slow of the dot and its reset duration making it essentially 8 - 12 seconds, and with the low cooldown on the ultimate enemy heroes would surly fear the mighty Doris :D

The utility "sadistic drain" is definitely the type of spell I'm looking for in a hero of this type, its a passive but its still very interesting, and will be a extremely nice touch in any serious team.

Im very impressed by the hero and the overall feeling of it :thup: it has been added to my book of heroes and will eventually be a part of Tubs

Thank you !

I'm still looking for more ideas if you feel like you have some interesting hero ideas that you would like to see a part of Tubs ! please don't hesitate to post here :)

ps. don't worry I will change the name :p

IronTrout

Reaction score
Archetype: Nuker
Character module: Troll Bandit (not Witch doctor model)
Hero name: Colin
Main attribute: Intelligence
Character type: 500-700 range / Poison Doctor
Hero difficulty: Easy
Abilities:

Wandering Poison
Active
Range: 600

The Bandit concocts a deadly ointment on the tip of his staff. The next unit he attacks will be inflicted with a poison that causes them 10/20/30/40/50/60 damage per second. Also, if the inflicted unit has not been attacked for 4 seconds, he may wander from battle for up to 1.50/2.00/2.50/3.00/3.50/4.00 seconds. If attacked, he will automatically regain movement and return attacks. Lasts 18 seconds.

Mana: 80/100/120/140/160/180
Cooldown: 20

Fumigating Aura
Passive
Range: 500

If any enemy unit comes within 500 yards of the Bandit, they will be dealt increasing amounts of damage per second (5.44/5.88/6.22/6.66/7.00/7.44 damage per second increase) capping at 75/100/125/150/175/200 damage per second.

*Note: This may seem a tad overpowered at 200 damage per second, but it takes just under 27 seconds to reach cap*

Cooldown: **

Explosive Concoction
Active
Range: 600

Colin throws his specially made potion at an enemy unit, exploding on impact. If the unit is under the effects of "Fumigating Aura" then he will be dealt current damage per second times 1.15/1.25/1.35/1.45/1.55/1.65. Instant damage will be 100/140/180/220/260/300.

Mana: 45/70/95/120/145/170
Cooldown: 14

Vulgar Intentions
Passive
Range: **

8/13/18/23% Chance on hit to recoil at the enemy attacker, hurling a deadly poison, dealing 200/240/280/320 damage over 6 seconds and stunning him for 0.33/0.66/1.00/1.33 seconds. This effect cannot happen more then once every 7 seconds.

Cooldown: 7

Edit: With both of those heroes, I'd be more then happy to make using GUI. And i know i'm pushing the "work well on their own" rule with two abilities in two heroes that effect another ability, but this hero seemed the kind to use all kinds of advantages to his will.

Ommi

Reaction score
Edit: With both of those heroes, I'd be more then happy to make using GUI. And i know i'm pushing the "work well on their own" rule with two abilities in two heroes that effect another ability, but this hero seemed the kind to use all kinds of advantages to his will.

Hey, it is of course only a rule of thumb and if it fits the hero then great ! and in your case Im really liking the theme of both heroes and I can see them working very well in Tubs, if you feel like and have time then I definitely wouldn't mind getting a GUI version of your heroes, this will make the workload on me a lot less and you will ofc get full credit for your work.

Make sure the spells are all MUI :) if you have problems with anything then feel free to contact me !

Disclaimer: I might not use your triggers if I dont feel they fit in my map, however I most likely will :)

Also I can't promise I wont edit your spells since something might need a change for balancing, so please dont expect your hero to remain completely unchanged after you make them :)

Im sure you didn't but since Im trying to stay professional with this map and feel like people should be fully informed of what I plan to do

If you would be interested I might also contact you again for any of the said changes and ask how you would do them IF ITS NEEDED, this way you can keep affecting the map over the coming future with your design :thup:

Thank you very much for the input, I really like the idea of your heroes so keep them coming ! and anyone else who might want to contribute feel free !

I will be posting up 2 or 3 heroes later on today if it doesn't become too busy at work :)

cheers

Edit: also wouldnt troll headhunter module fit your later hero better ?, seeing as I already have a hero planned for the witch doctor and he sounds like a spear thrower :p

IronTrout

Reaction score
Here ya are. The first hero: Doris the Tauren Spirit healer!!

All MUI, GUI and Awesomeised,

Umm with the Sadistic drain aura.. I'm going to have to explain what it does.
*Accesses all damage dealt by [Level 1-2 = Only the Spirit healer], [Level 3-4 = All allied units within 600 yards of the spirit healer AND the spirit healer], [Levels 5-6 = Any unit that deals damage within 600 yards of the Spirit healer AND the spirit healer].
*A percentage of damage dealt will be used to heal the allies, which will be spread across all allied units that do NOT have 100% hp. That percentage is 3/6/9/12/15/18% respectively.
*I made it in newjen, so I'm pretty sure you need newjen to run it.

And that I think is about it. If you have any questions / problems then feel free to ask.

Edit: Actually gotta link it :p --> View attachment Tubs Hero.w3x

P.S I'll do the other hero tomorrow probably.

And I don't really reckon he'd be a spear thrower.. maybe axe man?

Ommi

Reaction score
Thank you very much for your effort !! I really appreciate that:)
Will check out the hero when Im at home tonight, the work computer doesnt have a high enough directX update to run anything *yet*(hopefully:p) but really speedy and I really loved the idea behind Doris so very cool to have it ready ! :thup:

Axethrower sounds good, you can also just find any other ranged attacking troll module for it as you wish, it was just that I already had plans with the witch doctor :)

Gonna post some of the heroes Ive came up with now, still looking for more members partitipation here, Im sure some of you have some good ideas you'd like to share :thup:

Will be editing this for the new heroes

Archetype: Tank
Character module: Druid of the Claw (perma bearform)
Hero name: Kartheras Ironclaw
Main attribute: Strength
Character type: Melee / Hard to kill, disabler, strong farmer, pusher
Hero difficulty: Easy
Hero Abilities:

Deadly Claws
Passive
Range: 250 in a frontal swipe

When Kartheras strikes an enemy his claws furiously swipe across the battlefield hitting all enemies in front of him for extra damage, including his main target. This ability deals extra damage based on Kartheras's strength

Deals 20/30/40/50/60/70 damage +0.5 damage per point of strength

Mana: -
Cooldown: 0

Demoralizing Roar
Active
Range: 350

Kartheras lets out a horrifying roar striking fear into all enemies hearts, this slows all enemies movement speed and silences them, additionally if a enemy attacks Kartheras while under the effect of Demoralizing roar their attack speed is reduced.

Movement speed is reduced by 20%/20%/40%/40%/60%/60% for 8 seconds, and silences for 1.5/2/2.5/3/3.5/4 seconds if a target attacks Kartheras under the effect their attack speed is reduced by 40%/50%/60%/70%/80%/90% untill the demoralizing roar debuff wears off.

Mana: 50/75/100/125/150/175
Cooldown: 20 seconds

Bash and Dine
Active
Range: 100

Kartheras deals a massive blow to his enemy and takes a bite out of his flesh, stunning the target and dealing damage, this heals Kartheras, additionally every time Kartheras eats his enemies flesh he gains additional hp stacking up to 10 times, the hp stacks are lost on death.

Stuns for 0.5/0.75/1/1.25/1.5/2 seconds and deals 50/75/100/125/150/175 damage, healing Kartheras for 2%/4%/6%/8%/10%/12% of his total health, Kartheras gains + 20/25/30/35/40/45 hp per stack

Mana: 30/45/60/75/90/105
Cooldown: 12 seconds

Savage Combat
Active
Range: self
Ultimate

Kartheras becomes unstoppable by rage, he feels no pain and he furiously attacks with both more power and faster then before

Increases armor by 10/20/30/40 and strength by 25/50/75/100 his attack speed is increased by 15%/30%/45%/60%

Mana: 125/175/225/275
Cooldown: 120/100/80/60 seconds

Explanations: Its pretty much a very straight forward hero with very strong stun and slowing capabilities as well as some decent damage, my only worry with him now is that he would become too powerful in terms of damage since he is supose to be more of a survivor with medium to low damage and a good controller rather then a good controller and a good damager on top of that, but thats easy to fix with some balancing :)

I will fully admit that this hero is lightly based on Cho'gath from league of Ledgends because of the swiping frontal attack and the hp stacking buff, however I believe it is not a blatant rip of as there are many differences and I was simply inspired by the playstyle of Cho'gath and wanted a similar hero for beginners :)

I think this will be a overall fun hero for a beginner to play, you cant really go to any advanced tactics with this hero but it will still have an important place in team matches I think as a medium damage dealer close range and his massive amount of control as well as strong farming abilities, especially teamed up with a hero that can initiate fights better.

Posting 2 more heroes later on today unless it becomes busy :D

IronTrout

Reaction score
Archetype: Nuker - Stunner
Character module: Blade Stormer (Fel orc Raider)
Hero name: Heywood
Main attribute: Agility
Character type: High speed movement - Melee
Hero difficulty: Medium
Abilities:

Dash
Active
Range: 750

Charges at an enemy position (increases movement speed by 400%), dealing damage 15/30/45/60/75/90 to all units in his way, pushing them away and stunning for .125 seconds. The final target is dealt 1.25/2.00/2.75/3.5/4.25/5 times regular charging damage and stunning for .5/1.0/1.5/2/2.5/3 seconds. After dashing, the Blade Stormer has -6/-5/-4/-3/-2/-1 armour for 2 seconds.

Mana: 35/50/65/80/95/110
Cooldown: 18

Lightning Blade
Active

Once activated Has a chance on hit (16/32/48/64/80/96%) to cast a chain lightning that travels directly infront of the Blade Stormer. This effect deals 40/75/110/145/180/215 damage to any units that come within 80 yards of the lightning bolt. Lasts 10 seconds

Mana: *Something small*
Cooldown: 12 second cooldown / Effect can happen once every 3 seconds

Zephyr
Passive

Permanently increases movement speed by 30/40/50/60/70/80% and attack speed by 8/16/24/32/40/48%. Also has a chance on being attacked to dodge all incoming attacks for 0.5 seconds.

Cooldown: 3

Hurricane
Active
Range: 750

Conjures 5 tornadoes that circle the Blade Stormer, slowly moving toward the caster. If an enemy unit comes within 350 of a tornado, they will have their movement speed cut dramatically depending on how close they are, from about 125 yards, they will get dragged toward the tornado until they are finally caught. Deals strong damage if a unit becomes caught in the tornado.

Mana: 80/120/160/200/240/280
Cooldown: 45

Edit: I need a life

Ommi

Reaction score
Edit: I need a life

lol, well I appriciate all the great ideas, I like this melee nuker, the idea of a fast attacking agility hero is always fun and his abilities are definitely interesting and well in sync, his fast attack speed with the passive chain lighting etc, however Im wondering about his abilities, he has 2 passives and then only 1 active aside from his ultimate which is on a 18 second cooldown, this would mean a lot of just running around and auto attacking.

would it be possible for you to make for example the chain lighting spell a active and it would have a 100% chance to apply the chain lighting to each attack, or give the passive movement and attack speed bonus, but reduce it drastically and then make it a active to get the full bonus ?

The hero is very nice, Im just worried that it would become boring or uninteresting to play with only 1, 18sec cd ability :)

Again thank you very much for contributing !!! :D

mylemonblue

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Sorry for going off-topic (Sorta), but is it alright for other members to view the submitted map to see how the triggers were done? Not copy/paste-ing from the map, of course.

Ommi

Reaction score
Sorry for going off-topic (Sorta), but is it alright for other members to view the submitted map to see how the triggers were done? Not copy/paste-ing from the map, of course.

I have no way of monitoring that but thank you very much for asking, it was very nice of you, so of course feel free to take a look :)

Its just a matter of the hero was made for my map so I would like to keep it as a whole, I dont mind people knowing how the spells were made to help them a long other projects, as long as like you said you arent copying then straight from there :thup:

Now give me a hero idea :D

mylemonblue

Reaction score
Hmm... Hero idea... I dunno, I'm pretty poor at balancing and whatnot. Well that and often skills I come up with for a given hero seem to contradict eachother :eek:

Additionally, I get an idea, but have no idea how to implement it. As for multi-unit/player instanceability...

An example of my poor balancing skills from another thread:
Microburst
Targetable AoE; deals 150 x level + (5 x Agi / 3) damage in the target area, knocks back enemies away from the center of cast (AoE Knockback) and stuns for 1 x level + (0.35 x Str) seconds.
Level 1 - 10 sec cooldown
Level 2 - 10 sec cooldown
Level 3 - 8 sec cooldown (I'm no good at balancing, but you get the general idea.)

Level ? Death (Sort of like DoTA's but more geared for universal damage rather than Hero only. Actually, I had Zaelra the Death Seraph from FFXII in mind when thinking of this)

Deals 115 x level + (0.25 x Int + 0.75 Str / 2). Inflicts instant death upon non-hero units if their current HP is a multiple of the Death factor.

Level 1 - *Level 4 Death* Kills target non-hero unit if their current health is a multiple of 4.
Level 2 - *Level 3 Death* Kills target non-hero unit if their current health is a multiple of 3.
Level 3 - *Prime Level Death* Kills target non-hero unit if their current health is a prime number. Stuns Hero units for 0.75 + (0.33 x Int) seconds if their current health is a prime number.

Cooldown is 7 seconds for all levels.

Hmm... Looking at the Prime Level Death spell, I'm actually getting an idea for a hero... Speciallizing in curses... Maybe like the Arithmetician from FF Tactics... I'm seeing... AoE curses affecting units... Sowing chaos in the field... Debuffs galore...

NoobImbaPro

Reaction score
Archetype: mid-tank, mid-dmg
Character module: Mirana
Hero name: Shivas
Main attribute: Int
Character type: mid-ranged nature(?) mage: around 400-500, low health, great damage, slow attack speed
Hero difficulty: Medium to Difficult
Abilities:

Bless of nature[Active{self},Buff]
Nature blesses Shivas with its full power to make him better in a combat increasing his stats. For every 3 hits he takes a tree is destroyed in 600 radius if no tree is nearby he gains 30 ms. Lasts 12 secs. CD 40 secs
Level 1:Every hit you take (magic/physical dmg) 10 is transfered to tree. At 3rd hit you gain 10% of INT you have into heal points.
Level 2:Every hit you take (magic/physical dmg) 22 is transfered to tree. At 3rd hit you gain 12% of INT you have into heal points.
Level 3:Every hit you take (magic/physical dmg) 34 is transfered to tree. At 3rd hit you gain 15% of INT you have into heal points.
Level 4:Every hit you take (magic/physical dmg) 46 is transfered to tree. At 3rd hit you gain 19% of INT you have into heal points.
Level 5:Every hit you take (magic/physical dmg) 58 is transfered to tree. At 3rd hit you gain 24% of INT you have into heal points.
Level 6:Every hit you take (magic/physical dmg) 70 is transfered to tree. At 3rd hit you gain 30% of INT you have into heal points.

Nature ray[Active{Enemies},Channel 1.5 sec]
Shivas manipulates trees and ground to cast a ray of nature element that bursts everything in its path. It is targeted to one person but the effect takes in 250 area of target.
Level 1:Every 10 seconds you can cast this ability. 125 damage.Every tree destroyed by Bless of nature removes 1 sec cooldown. Mana Cost 200
Level 2:Every 10 seconds you can cast this ability. 170 damage.Every tree destroyed by Bless of nature removes 1 sec cooldown. Mana Cost 200
Level 3:Every 20 seconds you can cast this ability. 215 damage.Every tree destroyed by Bless of nature removes 2 secs cooldown. Mana Cost 195
Level 4:Every 20 seconds you can cast this ability. 260 damage.Every tree destroyed by Bless of nature removes 2 secs cooldown. Mana Cost 185
Level 5:Every 30 seconds you can cast this ability. 305 damage.Every tree destroyed by Bless of nature removes 3 secs cooldown. Mana Cost 170
Level 6:Every 30 seconds you can cast this ability. 350 damage.Every tree destroyed by Bless of nature removes 3 secs cooldown. Mana Cost 150

Mass rage[Active{Self},Target Enemies]
Shivas plays with the anger of the enemies and makes them to attack him. Heroes become uncontrollable for a period of time.
Level 1:Targets foes in a 175 area giving them +10% attack speed and -5% damage.Lasts 1.5 secs.
Level 2:Targets foes in a 200 area giving them +25% attack speed and -12.5% damage.Lasts 1.75 secs.
Level 3:Targets foes in a 225 area giving them +40% attack speed and -20% damage.Lasts 2 secs.
Level 4:Targets foes in a 250 area giving them +55% attack speed and -27.5% damage.Lasts 2.25 secs.
Level 5:Targets foes in a 275 area giving them +70% attack speed and -35% damage.Lasts 2.5 secs.
Level 6:Targets foes in a 300 area giving them +85% attack speed and -42.5% damage.Lasts 2.75 secs.

Dynamic Throw[Passive{self,owned units}]ULTIMATE
Shivas after much research, found a way to make his attacks better, trying to much potions and spell rituals.....Attack becomes splash (even for ranged) and some hits to the same target make him slow for 1,5 sec
Level 1:20% at 150 area around target, at 5th attack to the same target makes him slowed by 4% as/ms
Level 2:35% at 200 area around target, at 5th attack to the same target makes him slowed by 10% as/ms
Level 3:50% at 250 area around target, at 6th attack to the same target makes him slowed by 16% as/ms
Level 4:65% at 300 area around target, at 6th attack to the same target makes him slowed by 22% as/ms

Explanation: I put in the difficulty line medium to hard because this hero has to have the accurate items for him, as he is a magician and has less hp points than the other characters and the abilities he has have to be done in a good way to have great synergy.
The first ability is a tree based ability so it will be good if you do a battle near trees, it can protect you by hits and heal you after a tree is destroyed (the transfered damage is only for telling something, at 3rd hit just destroy a random tree) because you have less hp than the others.
The second ability is just for doing some damage, it has a cooldown based on trees destroyed near you even they are not from 1st ability but the range they are destroyed form you are based on 1st skill (600).
The third ability help you a lot as it makes others to attack you to heal yourself from 1st ability and do damage from 2nd, but it can help your team to attack the foes as they can't do nothing else but to attack you with lowered damage.The ultimate can help you very much as it has some slow to catch the enemies easily.
The ultimate is just the last piece of the puzzle called Shivas, its perfect for farming as it has splash damage and attacks many creeps/enemies to gain gold and get some good items.

That's All Folks !!!​

IronTrout

Reaction score
I'm going to have to put off doing the other hero(es) for a couple of days, The next 3 days will be hectic. I got sunday - Family thing monday first day of uni AND new job (juggling that like crazy!) and tuesday a full day of uni, from 9 till 6 :(.

But from there on, i should be ok to finish off what i started :p If you have any other hero needs, just ask too. Although it may take a bit longer to do cuz of uni now. Just on average, it takes me about 4-6 hours to do a triggered hero. (like 3 triggered abilities and 1 modified one) not including tooltips :p

Oh and like Ommi said, if you wanna look at my code, feel free. Just yeah, please don't steal :)

ElChupanebre

Reaction score
Archetype: Dmg, chaser
Character module: Blademaster
Hero name: Swingor the Swiftblade
Main attribute: Agility
Character type: Slows, damage, chasing, low health
Hero difficulty: Medium-Hard
Abilities:

Outrun - Passive
The speed of the Swiftblade is unsurpassable, allowing him to easierly out run any enemy, or keep up with any allied. Causes to move as fast or faster then the fastest unit in a 900 AOE. Outrun cannot lower the Swiftblade's movement speed. The Swiftblade is still effected by slowing abilities.
Bonus Speed: 0/15/30/45/60/60+Unspectable to slowing abilities.

Disarm - Passive
Gives a 13% chance that the Swiftblade will disarm when attacking for 2/3/4/5/6/7 seconds. (Use the silence ability for this)

Lunge - Active, target point
The Swiftblade lunges forward, maiming and damaging units in a line. Deals 90/120/150/180/210/240 damage, and slows movement speed by 40% for 6 seconds. Slow stacks.
Cooldown: 12 seconds.
Mana: 140

Hunt - Target enemy
Hunts down a target, giving vision of that unit. The unit takes 20%/30%/40%/50%/60%/70% more damage from attacks. If the Swiftblade attacks another unit or dies, the effect is dispelled. Lasts 30 seconds.
Cooldown: 90 seconds.

Ultimate - Double Team - Active, no target
Creates a mirror image of the Swiftblade. It is uncontrollable and unselectable. It deals 100% damage, and follows the same orders and spells as the Swiftblade. Lasts 20/30/40/50 seconds.
Mana Cost: 200
Cooldown: 180

Ommi

Reaction score
Hey !

thank you all for contributing, I have been away for the weekend and its looking like a busy day at work so will see if I have time to respond until tonight :thup:

IronTrout

Reaction score
Here comes another steaming hot pile of genius.

I had to change Wandering Poison to Exhausting poison. Basically, same move, but instead of wandering they go to sleep. If you are attacked while sleeping, you wake up. pretty simple :)

--> View attachment Tubs Hero.w3x

Ommi

Reaction score
Really nice, I love that things are moving along !!

yet another very professional looking hero IronTrout :)

I'm currently having a lot of things in real life (my goddamn beta version of windows 7 which I hacked like half a year ago now expired and I have to format and setup the retail version) and work is very busy these days, a lot of changes.

However I want to clarify that Tubs is something that I have a great passion for, but I will also not make the mistake of working on it for 12 hours a day and burn out in a week :)

This is a ongoing project that will be finished over time

Thank you all very much for contributing, I will tonight pick each hero apart and say what I like and dislike etc:)

I really appreciate each and every hero that is put in the thread here and I can see you guys put a lot of effort in to make the heroes both interesting and in sync :thup:

Posting in the Tubs map thread the new focus now, stay posted !

mylemonblue

Reaction score
O gawd, not Windows 7! :O

Seriously, I've tried installing WC3 on my bro's lappy, and it insists on telling me DirectX is not installed when he has Dx11 :(
Drivers are up to date and everything.

Anyway, that's OT.
I posted an idea for the gameplay in your thread in the Members Project forum. Any of them sound interesting?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.