Hero stats growing

Mealstorm

Reaction score
Hello

I was wondering if there is way how to make str/agi/int grow more and more with every level.

I mean: Normaly hero X gains let me say 2,5 str. But I would like make him gain 0.05 more str with every higher level. So at the level 11 he will gain 3 str instead of 2,5. At level 21 - 3,5 str and etc.

Any ideas?

Necrach

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Make a trigger adding stats when hero goes up a level, using a math formula. I could write an example if you wait a second

EDIT:
Trigger:
  • gaining more for each level
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Gains a level
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to (Hero level of (Learning Hero)), do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Hero - Modify Strength of (Learning Hero): Add ((Integer A) x 1)
          • Hero - Modify Agility of (Learning Hero): Add ((Integer A) x 1)
          • Hero - Modify Intelligence of (Learning Hero): Add ((Integer A) x 1)

and make different triggers for different heroes, or maybe just three triggers for heroes with different primary attributes.

The bad thing with this GUI trigger is, however, that it adds points in Integers, eg there cannot be any decimals (for example you have to raise the attribute with 1 or 2, not 1.5) I guess you require more specific numbers, like your example with +0.5 more attribute points each level. I do not know if there is any way of enabling this to be a Real number. But you could, for example, halve the Integer A, granting an additional +1 to the attribute on each second hero level only.

Otherwise I recommend designing an invisible Primary Attributes skill, different for different hero types. And each hero level gained, the level of this skill is increased by +1. Now what is bad with this? It will show those green +X beside the attributes instead of adding points permanently..

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
not in the Object Editor, but you could trigger it.

do something like:

Trigger:
  • events
    • hero gains a level
    • conditions
    • ((level of hero) is equal to or greater than 10)
    • events
    • increase stats of [leveling hero's] strength by 0.5
    • increase stats of [leveling hero's] agility by 1
    • increase stats of [leveling hero's] intellegence by 1.5

for example. this might not work, i am not sure. just change it how u want etc.

ah Necrach beat me to it :/

Necrach

Reaction score
Something just struck me. If there isn't any way to trigger +0.5 additional attribute points for each level (because GUI count it as integers), you could always halve the effect of all attributes in the game. For example, making Strength give +8 additional hp instead of 15, etc :eek:

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
lol your right.

thats going to be a pain though, for like intellegence and agility..
adding attack and movement speed and mana regen is going to take long..

but if you do what i said and make sure they are all integers then you are fine.

Mealstorm

Reaction score
Something just struck me. If there isn't any way to trigger +0.5 additional attribute points for each level (because GUI count it as integers), you could always halve the effect of all attributes in the game. For example, making Strength give +8 additional hp instead of 15, etc :eek:

Yeah I was thinking about this too but it would mean remade completly all stats and than all items and books because of change of stats.

Maybe I could make stats insrease just every 10th level if I can use decimals by this way. But i will have to make 5 triggers for every hero.

Necrach

Reaction score
Yeah I was thinking about this too but it would mean remade completly all stats and than all items and books because of change of stats.

Maybe I could make stats insrease just every 10th level if I can use decimals by this way. But i will have to make 5 triggers for every hero.

I understand. But why 5 (!) triggers for each hero?

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
lol it wouldnt be that big..

about 5-10 lines max.

---

so which method r u going to use?
and please show how u are going to do it. just out of interest

Mealstorm

Reaction score
lol it wouldnt be that big..

about 5-10 lines max.

---

so which method r u going to use?
and please show how u are going to do it. just out of interest

i though about use something like you posted. But I will add condition for 10th 20th 30th and 40th lvls

Mealstorm

Reaction score
Well here we go. I got czech version of warcraft so I had to translate it all.

Trigger:
  • Paladin
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Gains a level
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Leveling Hero)) is equal Paladin
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Hero level of (Leveling Hero)) equal to or greater than 10
          • (Hero level of (Leveling Hero)) less than 15
        • Then - Actions
          • Hrdina - Modify Strength of (Leveling Hero): Increase by 1
        • Else - Actions
          • Do nothing
        • If - Conditions
          • (Hero level of (Leveling Hero)) equal to or greater than 15
          • (Hero level of (Leveling Hero)) less than 20
        • Then - Actions
          • Hero - Modify Strength of (Leveling Hero): Increase by 1
          • Hero - Modify Inteligence of (Leveling Hero): Increase by 1
        • Else - Actions
          • Do nothing
        • If - Conditions
          • (Hero level of (Leveling Hero)) equal to or greater than 20
          • (Hero level of (Leveling Hero)) less than25
        • Then - Actions
          • Hero - Modify Strength of (Leveling Hero): Increase by 1
          • Hero - Modify Agility of (Leveling Hero): Increase by 1
        • Else - Actions
          • Do nothing
        • If - Conditions
          • (Hero level of (Leveling Hero)) equal to or greater than 25
          • (Hero level of (Leveling Hero)) less than30
        • Then - Actions
          • Hero - Modify Strength of (Leveling Hero): Increase by 2
        • Else - Actions
          • Do nothing
        • If - Conditions
          • (Hero level of (Leveling Hero)) equal to or greater than 30
          • (Hero level of (Leveling Hero)) less than 35
        • Then - Actions
          • Hero - Modify Strength of (Leveling Hero): Increase by 2
          • Hero - Modify Inteligence of (Leveling Hero): Increase by 2
        • Else - Actions
          • Do nothing
        • If - Conditions
          • (Hero level of (Leveling Hero)) equal to or greater than 35
          • (Hero level of (Leveling Hero)) less than 40
        • Then - Actions
          • Hero - Modify Strength of (Leveling Hero): Increase by 3
        • Else - Actions
          • Do nothing
        • If - Conditions
          • (Hero level of (Leveling Hero)) equal to or greater than 40
          • (Hero level of (Leveling Hero)) less than 45
        • Then - Actions
          • Hero - Modify Strength of (Leveling Hero): Increase by 4
        • Else - Actions
          • Do nothing
        • If - Conditions
          • (Hero level of (Leveling Hero)) equal to or greater than 45
          • (Hero level of (Leveling Hero)) less than 50
        • Then - Actions
          • Hero - Modify Strength of (Leveling Hero): Increase by 4
          • Hero - Modify Agility of (Leveling Hero): Increase by 2
        • Else - Actions
          • Do nothing
        • If - Conditions
          • (Hero level of (Leveling Hero)) is equal 50
        • Then - Actions
          • Hero - Modify Strength of (Leveling Hero): Increase by 5
          • Hero - Modify Inteligence of (Leveling Hero): Increase by 3
          • Hero - Modify Agility of (Leveling Hero): Increase by 2
        • Else - Actions
          • Do nothing

Phew! ^^
It's not exactly how I wanted to make it but it is not too bad.

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
lol nice, but i think that you could possibly make it do the same thing and be shorter by using modulo (%). maybe. ag yours might be simpler tho.

i was thinkng something like:

Events
Unit - A unit Gains a level
Conditions
(Unit-type of (Leveling Hero)) is equal Paladin
Actions
If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
If - Conditions
And - Multiple Actions
Arithmetic - (((Hero level of (Leveling Hero)) modulo 5) equal to 5
Arithmetic - ((Hero level of (Leveling Hero)) greater than or equal to 10
Then - Actions
Hero - Modify Strength of (Leveling Hero): Increase by 1

or something like that. thats just ruff, but yeah would be shorter.. but then it would like have to be at a constant rate, so i recon your method is better for what you are doing.. but its going to be a pain to do for every hero.

----

btw, u might have said why, but iv forgotton, and am 2 lazy to look up :/ but why cant ujust change the Increase Values in the Object Editor for the hero's?

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
Arithmetic - (((Hero level of (Leveling Hero)) modulo 5) equal to 5
Would that work? When it get's to 5, it instantly becomes divisible by 5 again, so the modulo will be 0. :S

Necrach

Reaction score
btw, u might have said why, but iv forgotton, and am 2 lazy to look up :/ but why cant ujust change the Increase Values in the Object Editor for the hero's?

The amount of primary attribute points increased each level should be more and more as the hero progress to higher levels! :eek:

sentrywiz

Reaction score
Hello

I was wondering if there is way how to make str/agi/int grow more and more with every level.

I mean: Normaly hero X gains let me say 2,5 str. But I would like make him gain 0.05 more str with every higher level. So at the level 11 he will gain 3 str instead of 2,5. At level 21 - 3,5 str and etc.

Any ideas?

However guys, decimal numbers won't do for stats. I mean, "MY HERO HAS 18.47 STRENGTH" ooook, how much damage is that and how much health and health regeneration is it :p:p

I would suggest simpler formula rather than making a big ass trigger. Although it does the trick.

Mealstorm

Reaction score
Okay I made this trigger for 26 more heroes then I remade cost of all spells and then I tried it and :banghead::banghead::banghead: When hero get more levels it just give only for the level he reached.

Example: Paladin have lvl 15 and he kills somebody at lvl 40 and it gives him instantly 8 levels so he jump at lvl 23 then he just get bonus for 23th level level. :(

I have no idea how solve this problem

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
Would that work? When it get's to 5, it instantly becomes divisible by 5 again, so the modulo will be 0. :S

oops, that was a silly mistake haha.
i meant:

Trigger:
  • Arithmetic - (((Hero level of (Leveling Hero)) modulo 5) equal to 0

lol.

----

Okay I made this trigger for 26 more heroes then I remade cost of all spells and then I tried it and When hero get more levels it just give only for the level he reached.

Example: Paladin have lvl 15 and he kills somebody at lvl 40 and it gives him instantly 8 levels so he jump at lvl 23 then he just get bonus for 23th level level.

I have no idea how solve this problem

ah, ddnt think of that..
well u could make it:

levels up
if level is greater than 10
if [some boolean variable(Player Number of leveling hero)] equal False
then add 1 Strength.

etc

only prob is that its going to make alot of triggers and variables. hopefully u have a reasonable level limit and it wont be too much.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New recipe is another summer dessert Berry and Peach Cheesecake - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-berry-and-peach-cheesecake.194169/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.