Holy Disruption Spell

percy101

Reaction score
Hello, I need help because I don't know what to do... I want to make "Holy Disruption" spell

Holy Disruption - Deals 60/80/100 damage to monsters or heals half the damage to allies. [How do I make this?]

Please help
thx in advance

PooBucket

Reaction score
You can base this off Holy light if the monsters are undead from the Object Editor. Or else make a GUI trigger with Boolean/Unit type condition and do the damage/heal.

hopy

Reaction score
Like the above persone said :p
Just make 3 ability's.
- One (the hero ability) based on Storm Bolt
Just set the targets to Enemie and ally. set the damage and stun to 0 (0.01 for the stun)

- Two (The Healing Dummy ability) Base this off Storm Bolt as well
Just set the targets to ally and set the damage to a negative number
depending to what healing you want to be done and the stun to 0.01
(If you cannot use negative numbers go to: File - Preferences - Allow Negative Real Values in the Object Editor.)

- Three (the damaging Dummy ability) Base this of ... guess ... Yay! Storm
Bolt again! set the stun to 0.01.
Set the damage to the amount of damage you want it to do.

next the Trigger:
Trigger:
  • Righteous Light
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Holy Disruption [Hero]
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • ((Target unit of ability being cast) belongs to an ally of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Set HD_Point = (Position of (Triggering unit))
          • Unit - Create 1 Dummy Unit for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at HD_Point facing Default building facing degrees
          • Unit - Add Holy Disruption [Heal] to (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Set level of Holy Disruption [Heal] for (Last created unit) to (Level of Holy Disruption [Hero] for (Triggering unit))
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Mountain King - Storm Bolt (Target unit of ability being cast)
          • Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_HD_Point)
        • Else - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 Dummy Unit for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at HD_Point facing Default building facing degrees
          • Unit - Add Holy Disruption [Damage] to (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Set level of Holy Disruption [Damage] for (Last created unit) to (Level of Holy Disruption [Hero] for (Triggering unit))
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Mountain King - Storm Bolt (Target unit of ability being cast)

- HD_Point is a Point variable
- Holy Disruption [Hero] is the first Storm Bolt hero ability
- Holy Disruption [Heal] is the second Storm Bolt negative damage healing storm bolt with targets allowed: Ally
- Holy Disruption [Damage] is the third Storm Bolt that damages

The reason I used Storm Bolt for every ability:
- If you base the healing ability on for example Holy Light it wouldn't work on your own units if you play with the Undead. You could base this ability, and the hero ability, on Holy Light if you want the ability to not heal your own friendly Undead units, or if you're sure there's no chance any of your own units will be undead.
- I based the Damaging abiltiy on Storm Bolt because ... I like Storm Bolt.
- I based the Hero ability on Storm Bolt because it can target (if you change the targets) both friendly and enemie units, doesn't matter it they're undead or anything.

Let me know if you need help.

-------------Edit------------------
I just noticed this could most likely be shortened to:
Trigger:
  • Righteous Light
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Holy Disruption [Hero]
    • Actions
      • If - Conditions
        • ((Target unit of ability being cast) belongs to an ally of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Add Holy Disruption [Heal] to (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Set level of Holy Disruption [Heal] for (Last created unit) to (Level of Holy Disruption [Hero] for (Triggering unit))
        • Else - Actions
          • Unit - Add Holy Disruption [Damage] to (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Set level of Holy Disruption [Damage] for (Last created unit) to (Level of Holy Disruption [Hero] for (Triggering unit))

This second trigger however will only work if atleast the Damage and Healing Dummy abilitys are based on Storm Bolt.

Tom_Kazansky

--- wraith it ! ---
Reaction score
@percy101, you need an ability that only shows effect, I will use Finger of Death (deal no damage and no lightning effect), and create a trigger like this:

Trigger:
  • Holy Disruption
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Holy Disruption
    • Actions
      • Set TempUnit = (Triggering unit)
      • Set TempUnit2 = (Target unit of ability being cast)
      • Set TempReal = (40.00 + (20.00 x (Real((Level of Holy Disruption for TempUnit)))))
        • If - Conditions
          • (TempUnit2 belongs to an ally of (Owner of TempUnit)) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Set life of TempUnit2 to ((Life of TempUnit2) + (TempReal / 2.00))
        • Else - Actions
          • Unit - Cause TempUnit to damage TempUnit2, dealing TempReal damage of attack type Spells and damage type Divine

when a unit cast "Holy Disruption", store the caster and the target into variable (TempUnit and TempUnit2), calculate the damage and store it into variable (TempReal)
then check if the target is an ally with the caster, if so, heals (Set Life) the target, otherwise deals damage to it.

pretty simple, I think.
I attached a demo map, have a look. :thup:

Attachments

• [Spell] Holy Disruption.w3x
    9 KB · Views: 98

percy101

Reaction score
ohh.. Cool Thank you :D +rep for you and +rep for hopy, i really learned alot..

@percy101, you need an ability that only shows effect, I will use Finger of Death (deal no damage and no lightning effect), and create a trigger like this:

Trigger:
  • Holy Disruption
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Holy Disruption
    • Actions
      • Set TempUnit = (Triggering unit)
      • Set TempUnit2 = (Target unit of ability being cast)
      • Set TempReal = (40.00 + (20.00 x (Real((Level of Holy Disruption for TempUnit)))))
        • If - Conditions
          • (TempUnit2 belongs to an ally of (Owner of TempUnit)) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Set life of TempUnit2 to ((Life of TempUnit2) + (TempReal / 2.00))
        • Else - Actions
          • Unit - Cause TempUnit to damage TempUnit2, dealing TempReal damage of attack type Spells and damage type Divine

when a unit cast "Holy Disruption", store the caster and the target into variable (TempUnit and TempUnit2), calculate the damage and store it into variable (TempReal)
then check if the target is an ally with the caster, if so, heals (Set Life) the target, otherwise deals damage to it.

pretty simple, I think.
I attached a demo map, have a look. :thup:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.